shez to leeds

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wise will go Newcastle because of the money. I personally wouldn't be too sad to see Shez leave as long as we could get in a decent replacement. I still think Steve McMahon is a good manager, did well at Blackpool before him and the chairman fell out and he's available.

Have Leeds watched us at home? PMSL, all the way to the bank with the compo. He'll be alright at Leeds lots of midfielders to play out of position.

I would be too.

Partly cos I think he has great potential as a manager, and I'd like to see him realise at least some of that at Oldham.

But mainly because it would put us back to stage 1. AGAIN!

As it happens I tend to agree with Sheridans_World - it won't happen. B*tes will want a "name" - someone conducive to Leeds' status as "a big club" .

"Sheridan began his career with Leeds in 1982, playing 267 times and scoring 52 goals. He was a cult hero at Leeds with his free-kick and passing ability and was the bright shining light in a dark time for the Yorkshire club. After falling out with new manager Howard Wilkinson (who believed in fitness and the long ball game, as opposed to Sheridan who preferred a pint and splaying the ball around), he was sold to Nottingham Forest in 1989."

From Wikipedia

he wouldnt say NO, if he was offered the job.

"Sheridan began his career with Leeds in 1982, playing 267 times and scoring 52 goals. He was a cult hero at Leeds with his free-kick and passing ability and was the bright shining light in a dark time for the Yorkshire club. After falling out with new manager Howard Wilkinson (who believed in fitness and the long ball game, as opposed to Sheridan who preferred a pint and splaying the ball around), he was sold to Nottingham Forest in 1989."

From Wikipedia

Still lives in Leeds too

From Wikipedia

With the amount of sniping on here I couldnt blame him either....

Still lives in Leeds too

So he literally could walk over broken glass to get to Elland Road. :)

The biggest problem with Shez leaving would be finding a replacement acceptable to the Latics fans. We don't like outsiders in these 'ere parts and like the Geordies, we demand attractive free flowing football and success*.

*unless of course the Manager is a Latics Legend.

So he literally could walk over broken glass to get to Elland Road. :)

The biggest problem with Shez leaving would be finding a replacement acceptable to the Latics fans. We don't like outsiders in these 'ere parts and like the Geordies, we demand attractive free flowing football and success*.

*unless of course the Manager is a Latics Legend.

WHo could we bring in ?? I cant think of anyone... When Ronnie was here everyone called out Shezs name....although no one seems to want to admit that now......who next Eyres ?? :lol:

Edited by oafc0000