Trotman bid confirmed

Inter Nation ? , why how many teams does he qualify to play for ? :grin:

Someone keeps walking in when I'm stealth typing. :ph34r:

Trotman is English yes but he may also have another background like Betsy and the Seychelles or whatever. They might just agree to it thinking English wise and then he turns out for some other nation :wink:

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Someone keeps walking in when I'm stealth typing. :ph34r:

Trotman is English yes but he may also have another background like Betsy and the Seychelles or whatever. They might just agree to it thinking English wise and then he turns out for some other nation :wink:

I’m all for helping Burnley achieve independence if that’s any help :wink:

If we sell for less than 500k then mr hardy has serious issues. Although having spoken to neal trotman in a club in manchester, he said how happy he was at oldham and how good shez was with all the players. Add to this the small issue of moving to the other end of the country im not so sure he would leave.

Guest oa_exile
I am sure this annoucement is aimed at attracting other bids closer to the 500k mark and suggests we will sell to the highest bidder.......

....so expect to see Hull snap him up for 300k by the end of the week!!! :blink:

lol :grin: or "Trotman goes out on loan with view to a permanent deal" :shock:

From the 'Chron

Athletic are heading for a frantic 24 hours, with Trotman probably leaving and manager John Sheridan closing in on a striker.

There is even a chance of the new face being recruited in time for tonight’s home game against Carlisle United (7.45 kick-off).

Insider info?!?!?!

I wan't him to stay put but he may go in the summer and you have to understand the position the club is in: if we can strike a deal for trotters whereby we get a wad and possibly some loan deals or someone coming the other way, we then have 3 other options to partner stammy at CB, albeit 2 are crocked but can't be far off returning!? That's loads of central defenders and what chance do we have of selling gregan or thompson?

Thompson is a very poor player and no replacement if Trotman does go!!!!

Chron says we are likely to accept it. So i take we will be turning it down!!!

To be honest I don't want to see him go but 350k is a fair wedge and TTA will be very, very tempted.

If we can get Fallon on loan to the end of the season as well then I'd be happy.

When it comes down to it, if Trotters wants to go then it would be unfair and maybe unwise to tell him he has to stay. Shez has said time and time again that he wants his players to do well so they can play at a higher level and if Trotters is offered that chance then I can't see the manager standing in his way.

All down to the boy now then.

Oh poostripes! :(

Where does the Blackburn connection as posted oafcshuck come in? If they have matched the bid then I can see it being extremely hard to turn down from Trotters POV.

Edited by danoafc

Where does the Blackburn connection as posted oafcshuck come in? If they have matched the bid then I can see it being extremely hard to turn down from Trotters POV.

If Blackburn are in the race I'd be upping the fee considerably. Unlike Plymouth Premiership teams have more money than they know what to do with and will just pay through the nose for the poorest of players.

Someone posted this on their boards:

LOVVL at the 'circle of life'ness of that comment. Latics Fan you won't know it but that's exactly what our merchants of doom have been saying about our players moving on and having to 'scrape around the lower leagues' for players. If you research hard enough you'd probably also find someone referring to 'the likes of' Oldham on earlier Trotman threads.

It's ironic that our alleged 'lack of ambition' brings us to a club where their alleged 'lack of ambition' is demonstrated by us signing a player from them.

I mean no offence at picking up on your comment BTW it's just within OUR ranks sometimes the notion exists that no good player can ever possibly arrive from below us, ridiculous I know especially given how recently we were there ourselves and how our position NOW is down to precisely those players.

So why don't we go and find ourselves a good player further down the in the leagues. Why do we always have to be the club who sells our big upcoming talent? Why can't we for a change be the club which buys a good youngster from a lower league club! :(

Someone posted this on their boards:

So why don't we go and find ourselves a good player further down the in the leagues. Why do we always have to be the club who sells our big upcoming talent? Why can't we for a change be the club which buys a good youngster from a lower league club! :(

We did that in buying Porter, and look how that turned out!! :wink:

I can't think of too many young players we've sold over the last few years who had made an impact on the first team but I'm sure somebody would like to post a big list.

At the end of the day, Trotman is out of contract in the summer and although we would receive compensation due to his age, it isn't likely to be as much as what's on the table right now.

This is going to come down to whether the lad wants to move to the other end of the country or not as I'm sure he knows that he's got a big future in the game provided he stays injury-free and applies himself properly.

Heard from a reliable source that a bid for Trottman has been accepted, as Blackburn have had the chance to match this bid but my source isn't sure whether they have decided to match it. The source is usually correct but not always..... just thought i'd let you all know.

will you ask him who this new striker is?

It would. Also be a big up yours to Burnley as well and it's quite local for him.

Right down to Plymouth at 20 is a huge step.

I don't know if this has been mentioned in the Trotman super-thread as I couldn't be bothered to trawl through 7 pages worth of my dad's bigger than your dad to find out, but there is actually a clause in Trotman's contract allowing us to extend his deal by a further 12 months in the summer so the concern that we might get less for him in a tribunal isn't quite as pressing as some may have believed.

I desperately hope he stays, at least for now.