Trotman To Preston ?

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

According To The Daily Mirror Preston Are Set To Sign Trorman For £750,000...

Is It True Or Just Paper Talk ??

£750k is about the right valuation I think. He has all the attributes to a good career at a higher level. He's big, strong, great in the air and not a slouch on the floor either. Only thing is he hasn't played many games really and still has to prove himself properly.

The club should get him on a 3 year contract quickly. He'll be a bigger asset to us with that and could go for 3 times that amount next season. I think the club feel they're slightly in a catch 22; If they sell for £750k that buys some quality players if spent well.

It's up to the boy innit I suppose.

Guest oa_exile
£750k is about the right valuation I think. He has all the attributes to a good career at a higher level. He's big, strong, great in the air and not a slouch on the floor either. Only thing is he hasn't played many games really and still has to prove himself properly.

The club should get him on a 3 year contract quickly. He'll be a bigger asset to us with that and could go for 3 times that amount next season. I think the club feel they're slightly in a catch 22; If they sell for £750k that buys some quality players if spent well.

It's up to the boy innit I suppose

Agree Mate ,I am still caught in two minds on this the cash would be nice at the moment BUT i believe that he has the "Potential" to be the best CB we have seen at BP for a long time.

If he continues his development at BP he will be worth the big bucks to us going forward.

As you say "It's up to the boy innit I suppose"

Yes 750K softens the blow far more than 350K. At 350K I'll be bitterly disapointed and I'll most certainly question whether the clubs and TTA ambitions have been dampened drastically. Talk of a 20,000 seater 80 million ground would seem ridiculous to me when you're at the same time selling one, if not your biggest future asset for 350K.

Going of Shez and his LW interview I hope Trotman doesn't ask Shez for advice cos I think Shez will tell him to go. Still I think it's a done deal given he didn't play, the clubs taking the money so I just hope it isn't 350K and don't like this non disclosed fee malarky either.

Guest oa_exile
Yes 750K softens the blow far more than 350K. At 350K I'll be bitterly disapointed and I'll most certainly question whether the clubs and TTA ambitions have been dampened drastically. Talk of a 20,000 seater 80 million ground would seem ridiculous to me when you're at the same time selling one, if not your biggest future asset for 350K.

Going of Shez and his LW interview I hope Trotman doesn't ask Shez for advice cos I think Shez will tell him to go. Still I think it's a done deal given he didn't play, the clubs taking the money so I just hope it isn't 350K and don't like this non disclosed fee malarky either.

Lags they would not risk him last night as a "Just in case" anyway.

It seems as i posted yesterday that a bidding did (is) ensue.

Think he would pick PNE as it's still local for him.

Anyway it's not a done deal yet , 09:25 and still nothing "Official".

Hope if he goes for £750K plus the £200K from Everton takings the money is used wisely...........Happy Transfer day(s) ahead for Shez :grin:

Guest oa_exile
Surely you mean... Happy transfer hours ahead for Shez don't you Exile? :wink:

IS it the last transfer day , today ? :shock: , thought it was tomorrow :blink:

.........Well in that case , he's better get a move on then ^_^

Agree Mate ,I am still caught in two minds on this the cash would be nice at the moment BUT i believe that he has the "Potential" to be the best CB we have seen at BP for a long time.

If he continues his development at BP he will be worth the big bucks to us going forward.

As you say "It's up to the boy innit I suppose"

I'm in the same boat mate. £750K is fantastic money for our level but with the potential he has he could either be the cornerstone of this team's future success and promotions or he could be sold on for lot more in a year or two. With the immediate fee I would mind so much if we only sold him for £500K as long as we put either 15% or 20% sell on clause in the deal because in the long run I'm convinced we'll get more money that way.

as much as it pains me to say it, see ya pal, thanks for the hard work.

we can't knock 750k, especially after the Porter saga. If someone is willing to give us that money for a player who was playing at Halifax untill recently, then off you pop son. I doubt he'll want to commit himself to us for 3 years when Championship football is on the cards for him.

But on a positive side, would he risk going to Preston with the threat of relegation at their door? Makes you wonder what the Plymouth offer is.

Ah well, back to work. We'll know by Friday what is going to happen

If he has the chance to move up a level,the lad should take it!

Since coming in to the team Trotters has performed admirably and does seem to have a huge amount of potential.

I would love him to stay,but we really do need to strengthen the squad!

If selling him allows us to bring in two or three other players then i would wish the young man the best of luck and get on with developing our other talented youngsters

THe rarely read Lancashire Evening Post says:

"Preston confirm Trotman interest

Preston North End have confirmed their interest in Oldham Athletic defender Neal Trotman.

The 20-year-old is believed to have held talks at Deepdale on Tuesday after being withdrawn from Oldham's squad to face Carlisle.

North End admit that they are interested in the player but have denied that any deal has been done.

Although it is understood that Trotman will become a Preston player before Thursday's transfer deadline in a deal worth around £500,000.

Trotman, who started his career at Burnley, has impressed during his 19 starts for the Latics this term.

He spend a large part of last season on-loan at Halifax where he made 11 appearances."

"...around £500,000" - It's normal for newspapers read by the purchasing club's supporters to play down the price when it's not been disclosed, whereas the selling club's supporters are more likely to be appeased if the local paper ups the price guestimate.

as much as it pains me to say it, see ya pal, thanks for the hard work.

we can't knock 750k, especially after the Porter saga. If someone is willing to give us that money for a player who was playing at Halifax untill recently, then off you pop son. I doubt he'll want to commit himself to us for 3 years when Championship football is on the cards for him.

But on a positive side, would he risk going to Preston with the threat of relegation at their door? Makes you wonder what the Plymouth offer is.

Ah well, back to work. We'll know by Friday what is going to happen

Exactly.... IF it is true and we are going to get £750k, and IF Shez gets the money to spend on a Championship level striker to sign within the next 36 Hours.... then I will be doing a little dance of best wishes for trotman as he makes his way up to preston..

Good lucj to the kid... and if that money is reinvested then it will do wonders for us.... and you never know... if Thommo comes back from injury as a world beater it will be the best piece of business ever done! :unsure:

Edited by BigfinLatic

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheDogzBollox View Post

Well from what i was told yesterday - we & Plymouth had bids accepted by Oldham - he fancied us over them but then Blackburn dealt there hand whilst he was having a medical at ours.

Few other posters have said they had first refusal + have been tracking him for a few months, this i don't know about.

Posted on the Preston forum, now I doubt believe the Blackburn had first refusal, more likely to have asked to be kept informed but I kinda of makes sense after what been mentioned by Shez and people in the various threads.

I want Trotters to stay but for 750k, I really can't blame the club, especially if he's out of contract at the end of the season.

Jarrett is essentially playing for a contract with us for next season, his "one month loan" was just an emergency loan so he was elligible tonight, I think we're extending it to May and if he impresses then we'll sign him seeing how Preston are releasing him end of season.

Edited by Bring Back Pukka Pies

I think we have done best by all,

we got a good cash boost, trotman has is good team,

if we stall and hold out for a new contract we could have the porter situation all over again,

I dont think trotman would do that to us, but agents only care about there new gucci watches they want to buy so we probably would stand no chance,

end of the day, we got a good price for a good defender, could have been better in a few years, but we didnt sign him up in time, therefore its best we let him go