Trotman To Preston ?

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest sheridans_world
Sorry to get back on topic but anyone think the lad might not want to go anywhere at the moment?

ME!

Why go to a championship club and act bench warmer for a season when you can play almost every week here?!

Sorry to get back on topic but anyone think the lad might not want to go anywhere at the moment?

More than likely. Very settled it seems, grateful for his chance with us and playing with a lot of other young players. I remember when the news was broken to Chris Armstrong that the team was being broken up and he was being sold to Sheffield United he broke down in tears because he didn't want to leave. Obviously slightly different circumstances but he was still a young player very much enjoying himself here but sometimes football is like that.

I also think a certain thing that happened last summer might be having a huge bearing on the move too. Cheers for that Porter <_<

It would seem Trotman is mulling over some advice or weighing up the deals on offer. There again probably some bidding and haggling going on with a number of clubs. Either way it would appear Latics have accepted the bids and if Trotters takes his pick he'll be heading to the door. Only reason I have these assumptions is that no annoucement as been made just yet.

Guest oa_exile

I suppose realistically he has whilst tomorrow to decide on his future , which under the circumstances he will need to take time to make a decision.The only problem with him stalling on a move to Arglye , Knobenders or B*****d Rovers or whoever is that it is / are is that it puts our transfer activities on hold.

Taking all this into account of course he may choose to say at BP :)

I think there is probably a lot going on behind the scenes, the club possible want to sell to fund other signings, he himself might not want to go, the club probably don't want him to go really, if he is going to go we are probably trying to get the best possible deal for ourselves and he possibly is trying to get the best deal for himself and good luck to him.

Lots of probablys and ifs and maybes. I hope he doesn't go and if that means we don't bring some new faces in then so be it, I have always been a fan of letting the kids have a go before bringing someone in and after last night is the need for a striker still there? Possibly, but something for Shez to think about.

Maybe another outcome to all of this is that Trotman stays (for ever and ever, becomes captain and lifts the Championship trophy to see us go back in to the prem) we don't buy anyone else, Ricketts comes back and whatever hatchets need to be buried are buried and becomes the target man when we need that kind of role playing. But this is probably a pipe dream.

More than likely. Very settled it seems, grateful for his chance with us and playing with a lot of other young players. I remember when the news was broken to Chris Armstrong that the team was being broken up and he was being sold to Sheffield United he broke down in tears because he didn't want to leave. Obviously slightly different circumstances but he was still a young player very much enjoying himself here but sometimes football is like that.

He was SO upset that he didn't bother ringing the manager to tell him he was leaving?

He was SO upset that he didn't bother ringing the manager to tell him he was leaving?

Just heard off a mate, who is normally very reliable, he was the one who told me about Preston being interested, said that we have agreed a deal, £500k and Jarrett!

He wont tell me his source, but that sounds about right!

As Fitz Hall has been mentioned it might be worth reminding Trotman of the story of Fitz, granted the circumstances were different but he moved to a lower premiership side after a short spell with us, failed to make an impression and spent several years in the wilderness and even worse Wigan! Maybe if he had learned his trade a bit more in the lower leagues he may have been better prepared for his move to the big time?

Lesson for us all there.

Plymouth seemlingly phased out of the deal. Thoughts of a Plymouth fan

Oldham did the dirty by publishing on their official website that Argyle had made a bid for Trotman. This was to alert other clubs and get an auction going and it worked!

Good job by our board! Smart tactics. It's a dog eat dog world, that's business.

Anyway, if I recall correctly this "Trotman to Plymouth" rumour started when a Plymouth site published it!

Plymouth seemlingly phased out of the deal. Thoughts of a Plymouth fan

Good job by our board! Smart tactics. It's a dog eat dog world, that's business.

Anyway, if I recall correctly this "Trotman to Plymouth" rumour started when a Plymouth site published it!

Hard luck, happened to us a few times.