Besian Idrizaj

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Striker Besian Idrizaj is on loan with League One side Oldham Athletic until May 2008.

The former Austrian young player of the year joined Liverpool from Linzer ASK in the summer of 2005 but has yet to make his senior competitive debut.

However, he did feature in a pre-season friendly against Wrexham in July 2007, netting an impressive 26-minute hat-trick. All three goals were set up by Jermaine Pennant.

On signing for the Reds, Idrizaj said: "If you get a chance to go to Liverpool, you have to take it. You cannot ignore a trial with the reigning Champions League winners. I would even have swum across the channel just to take part."

The youngster was previously loaned to Luton Town during the 2006-07 season and Crystal Palace for the first half of 2007-08.

Looks pretty decent. 26 minute hat-trick in pre season too...

Striker Besian Idrizaj is on loan with League One side Oldham Athletic until May 2008.

The former Austrian young player of the year joined Liverpool from Linzer ASK in the summer of 2005 but has yet to make his senior competitive debut.

However, he did feature in a pre-season friendly against Wrexham in July 2007, netting an impressive 26-minute hat-trick. All three goals were set up by Jermaine Pennant.

On signing for the Reds, Idrizaj said: "If you get a chance to go to Liverpool, you have to take it. You cannot ignore a trial with the reigning Champions League winners. I would even have swum across the channel just to take part."

The youngster was previously loaned to Luton Town during the 2006-07 season and Crystal Palace for the first half of 2007-08.

Wikipedia...

Idrizaj made his debut for Crystal Palace against Charlton on 1 September 2007 in the South London derby as a 72nd minute replacement for Clinton Morrison. [4] However, Idrizaj failed to establish himself at Crystal Palace and in January 2008 Manager Neil Warnock demanded that Liverpool take Idrizaj back during the January transfer window as Idrizaj would see no further action during his remaining time on loan. [5] Idrizaj last played for Palace's first team on 3 November 2007 against Scunthorpe United, and it seems unlikely he will appear again.

Oh dear...

Great, I sit across a desk from someone who talks incessantly about Palace all day long, but he goes home (or, I suspect, creeping round Croydon brothels) on the dot of 4 every day. I'll update you all tomorrow. Anyway, Colin probably needs to make space for another 15 forwards who he is bringing in so as to show them what his bench is like.