Chris Taylor

Needs dropping.

Not only has he become lazier than Davies was (hes perked up a bit now) but he hasnt got anything up his sleeve in ability to beat a man and his delivery is very poor. Lomax at left back Livermore left mid I would think. As much as I like the lad he needs dropping to show hes not the be all and end all of the team. Maybe that might make him perform better. He was the only negative out of Saturdays match.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Needs dropping.

Not only has he become lazier than Davies was (hes perked up a bit now) but he hasnt got anything up his sleeve in ability to beat a man and his delivery is very poor. Lomax at left back Livermore left mid I would think. As much as I like the lad he needs dropping to show hes not the be all and end all of the team. Maybe that might make him perform better. He was the only negative out of Saturdays match.

Absolute codswollop - never seen it mate! Taylor as I say every week in doing a grand job on his wrong side and is still one of our main attacking threats - why drop him? Lazy he runs his sox off every game and if only the fans would put half as much effort as this lad does, we may get a bit of atmos going.

Absolute codswollop - never seen it mate! Taylor as I say every week in doing a grand job on his wrong side and is still one of our main attacking threats - why drop him? Lazy he runs his sox off every game and if only the fans would put half as much effort as this lad does, we may get a bit of atmos going.

What a load of rubbish. On saturday I watched him when we attacked from their corner. He was the closest player to the attackers to bomb on and get forward and help and he sauntered up the pitch. Meanwhile an unfit Jason Jarrett was bombing forward doing what Taylor should have been. Hes a one trick pony and doesnt produce enough for me. Needs telling hes not the best player in the world cos he thinks he is

Guest sheridans_world
What a load of rubbish. On saturday I watched him when we attacked from their corner. He was the closest player to the attackers to bomb on and get forward and help and he sauntered up the pitch. Meanwhile an unfit Jason Jarrett was bombing forward doing what Taylor should have been. Hes a one trick pony and doesnt produce enough for me. Needs telling hes not the best player in the world cos he thinks he is

He doesnt think he's the best player in the world.

Taylor has mixed it up alot recently, he has started going to the touch line and crossing it in while other times he will make a run into the center. He gets the ball up field and out of the danger area. Players always have to cover for each other during the match, its to be expected. If Neal Eardley hadnt run forward, there wouldnt have been a first goal!

maybe he was covering whilst macca and jj went forward? probably a pointless debate this as your footballing brain can only see limited aspects of games. lazy lol.

Drop Taylor???

Are you a Latics fan????

Ah, that old chestnut eh?

One of the many blinded by the fact that he is a 'boy from the terraces' made good.

I am with Youngen on this, not only would I drop him, but I would have him packed up and dropped off by the seaside before anyone had time to blink an eye.

One of the most over rated players (by fans) I have seen in thirty odd years of watching Latics. Not that I think he is lazy though - but headless chicken certainly fits the bill.

KtF,

Derek.

Guest sheridans_world

One of the many blinded by the fact that he is a 'boy from the terraces' made good.

I am with Youngen on this, not only would I drop him, but I would have him packed up and dropped off by the seaside before anyone had time to blink an eye.

One of the most over rated players (by fans) I have seen in thirty odd years of watching Latics. Not that I think he is lazy though - but headless chicken certainly fits the bill.

KtF,

Derek.

Some people just dont like gingers, I mean attacking players.

Taylor's game has come on leaps and bounds since he first started as a headless chicken. Now he is consistent and has a variety of options open to him when he takes off down the wing, inside a player, outside a player, a cross, pass through to Davies/Ales, pass into midfield.

Two seasons ago he couldnt have done that.

He can now.

KtF,

Derek.

As soon as I spotted your name in this topic I knew what was coming :grin:

Something about a dog and how it shakes I think :wink:

Dont think he has had the best of seasons, however, to drop someone you have to have someone better to come in, TBH I dont think we have. Livermore has been sound at left back and can play in many positions, but he wont beat a man either, so what is your point mucker? You could argue that he should be on the right but only Shez can make that decision and I dont think he will because he will be proven wrong, and we know how shez does not like to be challenged on his team selection???

Dont think he has had the best of seasons, however, to drop someone you have to have someone better to come in, TBH I dont think we have. Livermore has been sound at left back and can play in many positions, but he wont beat a man either, so what is your point mucker? You could argue that he should be on the right but only Shez can make that decision and I dont think he will because he will be proven wrong, and we know how shez does not like to be challenged on his team selection???

So youre telling me that an experienced well proven Left footed Championship midfielder is better than a young, right footed big time charlie who barely beats a man whether its running at them or crossing it. Btw thats two other things he does very well, like his inability to run with the ball at his feet without :censored: it half a mile for the defender to comfortably take it off him. If I was any full back in the league Id be like a kid at Xmas when I had to face him. Just doesnt cut it, and hes had 2 seasons now and is worse now than when he started out.

One other thing hes the softest bugger around. Danny Boshell was called a fairy and slated and he looks like Razor Ruddock compared to Taylor

Guest sheridans_world
So youre telling me that an experienced well proven Left footed Championship midfielder is better than a young, right footed big time charlie who barely beats a man whether its running at them or crossing it. Btw thats two other things he does very well, like his inability to run with the ball at his feet without :censored: it half a mile for the defender to comfortably take it off him. If I was any full back in the league Id be like a kid at Xmas when I had to face him. Just doesnt cut it, and hes had 2 seasons now and is worse now than when he started out.

One other thing hes the softest bugger around. Danny Boshell was called a fairy and slated and he looks like Razor Ruddock compared to Taylor

Shame Livermore isnt a left-winger really. He could do a job if he was.

I remember very similar calls for Lidds to be dropped over the last couple of years!! Unless we are going to start attracting players of Aaron Lennon and Joe Coles quality, then a reality check might be in order in terms of 'lazy and ability' for players at this level. I think we expect too much from our younger lads at times. :disappointed:

Now he is consistent and has a variety of options open to him when he takes off down the wing, inside a player, outside a player, a cross, pass through to Davies/Ales, pass into midfield.

I'm actually a Taylor fan BUT I really don't agree with this, he rarely these days beats a man and gets a cross in. More so he runs into a crowded midfield and more often than not loses the ball.

I don't think it's his fault though, we have to play him on the right FFS, I among many others have been saying this for months. And I really disagree that's he's lazy, he's not.

Not as effective as teams know he is a threat and double up on him. Added this to the fact he's playing on the wrong wing and it means he's performing like he is now.

Against Huddersfield he had to try and beat Sinclair and Collins everytime he had the ball.

Can I just point out that Chris was ill on Saturday and had to see the Doctor at the ground, yet he still played and gave it his all.....

There's no way that Chris thinks he is the 'be all and end all' of the team - infact I think that's the most ridiculous comment i've ever read about him! Anyone that knows him will tell you he's the furthest from a 'Big Time Charlie' you could ever meet......

Edited by shell18

Can I just point out that Chris was ill on Saturday and had to see the Doctor at the ground, yet he still played and gave it his all.....

There's no way that Chris thinks he is the 'be all and end all' of the team - infact I think that's the most ridiculous comment i've ever read about him! Anyone that knows him will tell you he's the furthest from a 'Big Time Charlie' you could ever meet......

I don't know him but I must admit he's never struck me as a "Big Time Charlie either."

I don't know him but I must admit he's never struck me as a "Big Time Charlie either."

Shell18 knows Chris pretty well so what she is saying will be a true reflection of his personality.

Youngen is well off the mark. When he sat having a drink with the fans in the Clubhouse at Brighton after the game last Season, he appeared to be nothing other than a humble young man who was so thrilled at what he was achieving with his life. Big time Charlie? No way.

Keep it going Chris.

i can cope with him being dropped for a game as his confidence looks shot to hell, he knows he isnt going to put too many decent balls in at pace left footed he just cant do it. hes playing in the wrong position where hes being double marked most of the time. Hes not been great lately but i just think hes playing in the wrong position

KtF,

Derek.

OMG - utter claptrap IMHO that is. for our level he is class and has attracted the interest from higher clubs - he is young energetic and is only gonna get better with age! Think you need to go to watch United if you want to see near perfect performances every week - and shut the door on your way out!

i can cope with him being dropped for a game as his confidence looks shot to hell, he knows he isnt going to put too many decent balls in at pace left footed he just cant do it. hes playing in the wrong position where hes being double marked most of the time. Hes not been great lately but i just think hes playing in the wrong position

I'd argue that the fact that he is often double marked shows that the opposition don't think he is too badly out of position. They need two men precisely because he does threaten the full back on either side. If he was on the right I think they would be pretty happy to show him the inside as I don't think he would get many shots away on his left. In any case opposition managers must be seeing something in him that some of our fans don't.

OMG - utter claptrap IMHO that is. for our level he is class and has attracted the interest from higher clubs - he is young energetic and is only gonna get better with age! Think you need to go to watch United if you want to see near perfect performances every week - and shut the door on your way out!

If you're happy and you know it clap your hands!!!

KtF,

Derek.