Eduardo

That was horrendous!! made me feel ill. Poor lad, hope he gets back... quality player.

Horrific, really affected everyone badly. Gave me shivers down my spine.

Good look to the guy, hope he manages to come back from it.

whats happened?

>>BBC<<

1256: Eduardo is given oxygen as he is stretchered from the pitch after eight minutes of treatment. Nicklas Bendtner replaces him. We have not been allowed to see a replay of the incident - which probably tells you horrific it was.

1254: Thankfully, you rarely witness scenes like these. The Arsenal team are looking around in absolute horror at the fate of Eduardo, who is being attended to by several medics.

1251: RED CARD Birmingham

Martin Taylor gets a straight red after a challenge on Eduardo. Cesc Fabregas urgently tells the physio to attend to Eduardo, with the rest of his team-mates looking shocked. The striker is badly injured - looks like it could be a broken leg.

Edited by oa_exile
Link added

whats happened?

Tackle bt Taylor for brum, snapped Eduardo's leg, horrific injury.

Its really effected Gary Lewin quite bad, he looks really shook up by it, as did some of the arsenal players.

Sky refusing to show the replays cos it is that bad.

That's a disgraceful tackle...

Didn't realise how high the tackle was at the time, there is no excuse for that.

TBH I am suprised it has taken this long for something like this to happen, these type of tackles have been quite common over the last few weeks.

Just hope that the lad can overcome this and it doesn't end his career.

WENGER WANTS LIFE BAN FOR TAYLOR

Livid Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger called for Birmingham defender Martin Taylor to be banned for life after his horror tackle left Eduardo da Silva with a broken leg.

Eduardo was taken to hospital following the sickening challenge just three minutes into Saturday afternoon's Barclays Premier League game at St Andrews which finished 2-2.

Taylor was said to be "distraught" at the incident, with Blues boss Alex McLeish insisting the defender had no intention of hurting his opponent.

But Wenger was having none of it.

"This guy should never play football again," he fumed. "What is he doing on the football pitch?

"I've gone along with the idea for a long time that to stop Arsenal, you have to kick Arsenal. I knew that was coming for a long time now."

Of Eduardo's injury, Wenger added on Sky Sports News: "His injury is very, very bad. More than the season is over."

Blues boss Alex McLeish said of the challenge: "Martin's distraught about the lad's injury."

"It's certainly not in Martin Taylor's make-up at all to commit a malicious tackle."

My initial reaction from seeing the Youtube clip was that it was late but not malicious. The photos do look bad but Taylor is looking towards the ball, not the man. Having seen the photos I still don't believe it was malicious, although as I have only seen the one angle on the (now removed) Youtube clip I could be wrong. It remains to be seen how much MOTD will show of the incident if Sky didn't show replays.

My initial reaction from seeing the Youtube clip was that it was late but not malicious. The photos do look bad but Taylor is looking towards the ball, not the man. Having seen the photos I still don't believe it was malicious, although as I have only seen the one angle on the (now removed) Youtube clip I could be wrong. It remains to be seen how much MOTD will show of the incident if Sky didn't show replays.

Wouldn't have thought that MOTD would show the replay if Sky wouldn't, It was pretty gruesome according to Andy Gray and Geoff Shreaves.

Wouldn't have thought that MOTD would show the replay if Sky wouldn't, It was pretty gruesome according to Andy Gray and Geoff Shreaves.

looks like they did and it was quite frankly terrible. I don't think Taylor's challenge was deliberate, just clumsy (no two-footed lunge), but my prayers go to Eduardo. I just hope that I see him back on a football pitch one day because it means he has made it back from that! All the best to him

looks like they did and it was quite frankly terrible. I don't think Taylor's challenge was deliberate, just clumsy (no two-footed lunge), but my prayers go to Eduardo. I just hope that I see him back on a football pitch one day because it means he has made it back from that! All the best to him

shocking,and in fairness they only showed it once,wouldnt want them to show it again,it was horrible challenge.

not as bad as david boost,but not far off.

shocking,and in fairness they only showed it once,wouldnt want them to show it again,it was horrible challenge.

not as bad as david boost,but not far off.

Didn't expect them to show it - no wonder they wouldn't show at lunchtime. That is by far the worst thing I have ever seen in football. (Didn't see the David Busst one). That looked like a clean break of both the bones. That lad will be very lucky if he every plays again.

Hope they managed to re-attach his foot, looked like it was only attached by his sock and a bit of skin.

Very Good Luck to the Lad.