The Year of the Rat

jsslatic

Allott - Player Of The Season  

143 members have voted

1. 1. Has he already won it?

• Yes
    • No

I'd say it's already sown up, thoughts?

ADMIN: Please can you change the title of the post to 'The Year Of The Rat'? I accidentally hit 'enter'.

Edited by jsslatic

he has had an excellant season, but i still voted no because hazell has been outstanding as well. he came into the side around the same time allott won his place back after being dropped. close thing between them i would say

Allott for me because he shut up all the people who had a go at Shez for bringing him in for a fee (which seems tiny now). Local lad who puts in 110% every week - big or small game, you can't ask for much more than that in this league. Hazell has been quality no doubt but Allott takes it.

Hazell for me!!!

Hazell's a close 2nd but for me, he's gone off the boil slightly lately...possibly due to Stam's downhill performances and largely down to the pissing about over LB which has left the defence totally shaken up from week to week and prone to opening up large gaps. And the tendancy to get booked sometimes or sent off just puts Allott over Hazell. Both been superb consistent performances over 30+ games so far though.

I've voted Allott, just been superb so far, as some said, i can't really remember a bad game, he's either been solid, excellent or simply superb.......can't believe he isn't wearing the armbarnd to be honest, but hey, i'm not the gaffer am i??

Hazell is SIGNING of the season by a mile, free transfer, very good lge 1 centre back, and has shown he isn't a bad stop gap right back to boot....kepp it up Ruuuuuubes

He's had this in the bag for months, sewn up well and truly.

And deservedly so! He's been nothing short of quality in the middle, been brought here to do a job, done it superbly.

Keep the Faith

You've just made me think there....I've talked a few times about where we'd be this season if we'd kept Wellens (up there with Donny, possibly in their place IMO) but on the other hand, where would we be now without Allott and his protection of the back 4? Personally, I think without him we'dve been right in the mire this season. Hope we can find him the right man alongside for next season.

Keep it up Mark....I for one am very, very proud of you!

lol and yet stil leading scorer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

To be honest, Allott wasn't as bad as is made out (I'm using that phrase so often) the first time here. He wasn't the best either, but as pointed out....he was leading goalscorer a couple of times in a god awful side and he was injured for half a season twice. But for injuries, he might've made it for a striker.....we'll never know. Still can find the net now. I often felt he was a player who needed someone with experience alongside him to bring on his game. Ala, like Hughes can now do with the likes of Lewis and Smalley. However, the role he plays now suits him far better.....as yet another Player of the season will prove in May to go with the ones he got at Chesterfield.

Edited by boundaryblue80

i was one of those who said it was bad bringing him back - and for the first 10-12 games or so he was ithink i was right has he was useless- but by a country mile the last 20 games he has been our most consistent player and he certainly over the last 20 games proven me wrong.

dont think there any many in the reckoning.

it has to be allot or hazell for the coveted award.

ps i would like to say that Crossley proved a lot of people wrong also with his performances in the second half of the season

i was one of those who said it was bad bringing him back - and for the first 10-12 games or so he was ithink i was right has he was useless- but by a country mile the last 20 games he has been our most consistent player and he certainly over the last 20 games proven me wrong.

dont think there any many in the reckoning.

it has to be allot or hazell for the coveted award.

ps i would like to say that Crossley proved a lot of people wrong also with his performances in the second half of the season

Don't think Allott was that bad in them first 10-12 ggames....I think Shez got the midfield utterly wrong and the whole team was gash....rather than it just being Allott....

As for Crossley....well...."proved a lot of people wrong"....but should he really have had to? Only the dicks who wanted to give him 5 minutes and then berate him, did he have to prove wrong. Could name one especially who is firmly back in his box, after numerous posts slagging him off (quoting Premiership football to supposedly point out how gash he was) only to finally admit he was wrong. Crossley never was gash...injured, yes, but never been gash. Just typical that he has had to "prove" some of our "fans" wrong!

Edited by boundaryblue80