Player of the season.

I know this may be a little early but everyone I talk to keeps saying the book is closed on Allott being player of the season. I would like to throw another player into the mix. Since Hazell arrived we have looked a much more solid unit at the back. He didn't have a club before he arrived and that must have dented his confidence slightly. However he repeatedly puts in consistant performances doing what he should do very well. I am torn between the two players right now.

Thoughts please???

I know this may be a little early but everyone I talk to keeps saying the book is closed on Allott being player of the season. I would like to throw another player into the mix. Since Hazell arrived we have looked a much more solid unit at the back. He didn't have a club before he arrived and that must have dented his confidence slightly. However he repeatedly puts in consistant performances doing what he should do very well. I am torn between the two players right now.

Thoughts please???

Got to be Mark Allott he's been class and should be captain!!

Thoughts please???

I really agree with you. We'd have been screwed without Rubes this season given our injuries and Trotman leaving. When you watch his game closely his anticipation of the ball is brilliant and he's such a calming influence at the back. Doesn't get flustered and rarely makes a mistake. How on earth Chesterfield let him go and MK Dons didn't want him I'll never know.

As for player of the season, I think Allott just because he's played more and we've really noticed Ruben more since the Leeds and Everton games. But, he'd be my second choice behind ratters and we definitely have to keep hold of him.

Hazell has been "different class" since he arrived. Slotted in without fuss or drama at centreback and fullback, has barely put a foot wrong despite not being a regular initially, now with a run at centreback has made that position his own. He also looks (and sounds when you hear his interviews) like a proper intelligent footballer who thinks about his game.

But for player of the season, Allott just edges him for me.

1. Allott.

Shez got this bang on when he signed him. Cosistently good perfomances.

2. Hazell.

I think the phrase here is "stepped up to the plate"

3. To be decided.

Maybe Crossley for some descent displays.

1. Allott.

Shez got this bang on when he signed him. Cosistently good perfomances.

2. Hazell.

I think the phrase here is "stepped up to the plate"

3. To be decided.

Maybe Crossley for some descent displays.

Lol.....

Bar his shot stopping he is woeful.

Just cant catch crosses or command an area?

I wouldnt say he cant I would just say he could do these things better. He is a cross shy but he does vocally command his area and the defence, which has been pretty good this season. I hate to turn to this old excuse but if he was better in these areas he probably wouldnt have dropped down the leagues yet! Having said that im a firm believer that there are a handful of world class keepers and then the rest of the pro keepers are much of a muchness.

I wouldnt say he cant I would just say he could do these things better. He is a cross shy but he does vocally command his area and the defence, which has been pretty good this season. I hate to turn to this old excuse but if he was better in these areas he probably wouldnt have dropped down the leagues yet! Having said that im a firm believer that there are a handful of world class keepers and then the rest of the pro keepers are much of a muchness.

I've been one of Lardarse's biggest critcs this season but since he returned vs Donny in the cup he's only been at fault for a couple of goals and i'm sure a few will even dispute that, the odd game apart he has been steadily unspectacular, but on reflection and having played in goal for years myself thats all a keeper needs to be in most games. Although every time he moves I hear that over-exaggerated Stev Austin sound effect as he dives or jumps! Not sure if he's got another season in him but the goals against column doesn't lie and i'm sure if 'Norm' had played on Saturday we wouldn't have lost 3-0.

Not sure if he's got another season in him but the goals against column doesn't lie and i'm sure if 'Norm' had played on Saturday we wouldn't have lost 3-0.

We really would've done. If Hazell hadn't been turned extremely well and then gone a bit loopy for a second (probably gutted over the first) we wouldn't have been 2 down, and if the defence (I think Thompson being the chief culprit) not gone to sleep we might not have been 3 down. No keeper error involved.

:ohno::shock::lol::lol::lol::lol::laught16::laught16: Tell us another!!

Yeah about 14/15 clean sheets playing a large part of the season with niggling injuries behind a back 4 not playing all that well is appalling form isn't it. I know he hasn't been at his best in many games and he has limitations but the same can be said for every player in our squad

Edited by Gemma06

Yeah about 14/15 clean sheets playing a large part of the season with niggling injuries behind a back 4 not playing all that well is appalling form isn't it.

14/15 clean sheets cause of the back 4 including trotman that supposedly not playing that well.

Cant run.

Can only punch on corners!

Thick for not coming off when injured now sits on the sidelines.

Doesnt command!

Kicking is either too hard or not in play, when the ball stays in play its too high to hold up so a flick on is the only option, which runs straight to keeper.

Off his line like a snail.

Too many cock ups.

Saves shots, whats hes meant to do.. WOW

2nd best player I think not

14/15 clean sheets cause of the back 4 including trotman that supposedly not playing that well. - Trotman wasn't perfect, a good player yes but he made mistakes as did everyone and he wasn't in the team for quite a few of those clean sheets

Cant run - it's not one of his better atrributes i admit

Can only punch on corners! - ive seen him catch them too, but even if he hadn't then punching it away is better than letting the opposition win the ball

Thick for not coming off when injured now sits on the sidelines - because he was already playing with an injury and Shez wanted him the carry on playing as he didn't want to play Bell

Doesnt command! - he does to a certain extent but again not one of his best

Kicking is either too hard or not in play, when the ball stays in play its too high to hold up so a flick on is the only option, which runs straight to keeper. - or when its flicked on one of our players could get on the end of it?

Off his line like a snail - true he isn't the quickest

Too many cock ups - which can be said for everyone on the team,

Saves shots, whats hes meant to do.. WOW - yes what he is paid to do, but thats more than you could say about some of our other players

2nd best player I think not - i do, its all about opinions

I'm not saying that he is the best player to ever play for us but this season he has been one of our better, more consistant performers

14/15 clean sheets cause of the back 4 including trotman that supposedly not playing that well.

Cant run.

Can only punch on corners!

Thick for not coming off when injured now sits on the sidelines.

Doesnt command!

Kicking is either too hard or not in play, when the ball stays in play its too high to hold up so a flick on is the only option, which runs straight to keeper.

Off his line like a snail.

Too many cock ups.

Saves shots, whats hes meant to do.. WOW

2nd best player I think not

some people are never happy

were in legaue 1 not the prem

were not going to get a top class keeper!

you have to expect him and all the rest of the players to cock up. thats why they play in league 1