That guy in the lookers upper who got kicked out.

Drunk or special .... probally both, a very entertaining man!! I expect it was one of being drunk / not sitting down...... boy did the stewards love the excuse to kick someone out. Unless someone complained that he was blocking there view find it harse to say the least.

On my performance with the stewards yesterday I'm sure they are waitng for an excuse to do the same to me ....... not a chance boys, not a chance!

Guest oa_exile
Drunk or special .... probally both, a very entertaining man!! I expect it was one of being drunk / not sitting down...... boy did the stewards love the excuse to kick someone out. Unless someone complained that he was blocking there view find it harse to say the least.

On my performance with the stewards yesterday I'm sure they are waitng for an excuse to do the same to me ....... not a chance boys, not a chance!

By the sounds of it it's only a matter of time before you or get kicked out , you are obviously confronting them so ......you wont complain when it happens , sounds a waste of £16.00 to me.

By the sounds of it it's only a matter of time before you or get kicked out , you are obviously confronting them so ......you wont complain when it happens , sounds a waste of £16.00 to me.

You don't have to do much to be kicked out of BP, or most grounds for that matter, these days. Sometimes you'll come across a decent steward....probably a football fan themself who understands....but I really dislike most of them Bar-Sterwards

Guest oa_exile
There's a difference between confronting and playing with.

It's a bit like trying to wind up a chimpanzee at the zoo. You know you shouldn't, but it's just so much fun.

I totally agree BUT their will be only one winner , in this case the chimpanzee's :grin:

Guest oa_exile
You don't have to do much to be kicked out of BP, or most grounds for that matter, these days. Sometimes you'll come across a decent steward....probably a football fan themself who understands....but I really dislike most of them Bar-Sterwards

Dont think that it's changed to much over the years the "Over enthuiastic" copper has been replaced with the "Over enthuiastic" Steward.

I can remember my days in the Chaddy , coppers just loved an excuse to turf you out so they could get outside for a breather :lol:

the steward in the main stand paddock has now decided to start bursting into the ladies toilets,shortly after a woman goes in he wanders over and just storms in,so there not only idiots there pervs aswell

Far from confronting them and yes I WILL complain if they try to kick me out.

Even stewards must have a code of practice they have to follow, the guys in the Paddock probally are the only ones that do follow and impliment the grounds rules, is it confronting them by asking them to speak to a supervisor to explain why we are always targeted to sit down... we are well within my rights to do this so.

Personally I'm never rude or swear, sit down when asked and obey the ground rules but I will question things I am asked to do when clearly the same policy is not being carried out through-out the whole stadium. THIS IS WHY I will not be kicked out. Leeslover took a lot of crap from them last week, they even said he had been smoking near the toilets and he as not smoked for years ..........

Yesterday someone was asking them (before KO) why they didn't once ask the Millwall fans to sit down, I told him (loudly as he was four rows in front of me) that I asked the questions last week and was told 'not our section' next think I knew there was a steward on my shoulder telling me that they don't have time to talk to people like me regarding other peoples sections ..... who's being confrontational ????

Guest oa_exile

Even stewards must have a code of practice they have to follow, the guys in the Paddock probally are the only ones that do follow and impliment the grounds rules, is it confronting them by asking them to speak to a supervisor to explain why we are always targeted to sit down... we are well within my rights to do this so.

Personally I'm never rude or swear, sit down when asked and obey the ground rules but I will question things I am asked to do when clearly the same policy is not being carried out through-out the whole stadium. THIS IS WHY I will not be kicked out. Leeslover took a lot of crap from them last week, they even said he had been smoking near the toilets and he as not smoked for years ..........

Yesterday someone was asking them (before KO) why they didn't once ask the Millwall fans to sit down, I told him (loudly as he was four rows in front of me) that I asked the questions last week and was told 'not our section' next think I knew there was a steward on my shoulder telling me that they don't have time to talk to people like me regarding other peoples sections ..... who's being confrontational ????

Strange , I have sat in that section for more than 10 years and NEVER been threatened by them , maybe a quiet word every now and then but that is as far it has gone.

You know the situation with that section of the ground , it's the closest to the way section , that is why it is monitored more closely.

BTW next time you have a row with a Steward , remember "Smile your on candid camera". :grin:

Ive always said the worst boss to work for is a working class man. It's a very similar scenerio where men and women who normally have very little power in life suddenly are given it. Take for example saturday, once I got into the ground I realised I'd left my mobile on the dash in my car on the dirt track at the side of B&Q. So I asked the steward on the door could I leave the stadium as I needed to return to my car and could he obviously let me back in. He asked my why I needed to return to my car so I informed him. What do I get back? the big I am of course. You dont need to return to your car, I'll let you do it this time, but dont think you can leave the ground again cos I wont let you!. Good job its only ever happened once in 30 years hey?

Edited by Lags

I was sat next to him in the first half - he was completely wrecked but holding it togther but was boring me to pieces all the way through the game talking to me as if I'd never been to BP before and hadn't a clue who anyone was, but he was well behaved.

In the 2nd half he went up about 20 levels to incoherent, tuneless, rambling, drunken (stoned?), vulgar, offensive etc etc, but I don't think anyone actually complained. He was funny though - like a car crash. His chants at the chaddy, calling them muppets were odd - and references to LSD too??

To be honest if my kids had been there I'd have asked him to tone it down/knock it off, but they didn't want to go so as it wasn't bothering me that much I wasn't going to say anything.

The steward did have a word with him though long before he got taken out, but it did seem to fall on deaf ears. I don't think they had a lot of choice - he was the epitome of drawing attention.

Might have something to do with the police box being directly near them. Though the big one who back chatted to you and kept saying - "I dont care, I dont have time to go over it with you" is definately on a power trip. You werent even talking to him for a start, it was absolutely nothing to do with him. Yet he for some reason felt the need to go and have a word with you. He walked through the bar underneath the Paddock at half time like a man on a mission, barging past people whilst the other one he'd dragged along at least had the decency to find an alternate route to get to where he was asked to follow him too. Probably the toilets to blame someone who's not smoked in years because he's missed the person who was actually smoking. Its seemed to have got worse for Stewards in there with each passing year. You cant even go to the toilet without one of them asking why you've had the cheek to even edge off your seat anymore. One of the reason's why i've started upping sticks down the other end in the 2nd half where the stewarding, no matter who's stood up, who's swearing isnt anywhere nearing the confrontational type you get down by the RRE. The club do themselves no favours in employing people like that. They seem to want to not only kill any atmosphere whatsoever before it even gets the chance to start, but aggrovate fans and make examples out of anyone who remotely questions there judgement. It's only two or three of them which seem to have big chips on their shoulder for whatever reason and I dont think there'd be a difference in opinion about who those select few are from anyone who has the misfortune to be sat down that way this season.

Edited by Rocky_Latic

Makes me laugh how there attitude changes week to week. Raining against a small team then they don't usually bother as long as your in front of your seat, but then a bigger game and woah the power rush runs through there veins like heroin to a druggy! He's the worst in the purple jacket,he's the biggest prick going. Seems to think that after every game theres going to be a pitch invasion so arranges the stewards accoringly at the side of the pitch. I know quite a few lads who have stopped coming to most games due to the fussy stewards.

Won't have a bad word to say about the Steward in the Lookers Upper nearest the RRE. At times he's the only one singing!

And that bloke yesterday hahaha seen him about before but never in that state. He was leathered!!! If you can call them 'songs' as well...genius.

Mark, the pro Ritchie chants were coming from the Chaddy End early doors. But as soon as the Hudds fans started on the 'Ritchie out' that's when the Lookers piped up pro Ritchie, more a dig at Hudds than anything. Jeez I was a Ritchie outer when he was here.

E4e

BOOTH

It was all very ammusing at the time ... can't see Ritchie being there next year.

The Stewards try to put a downer on the proceedings each week ..... but loved having my ST in this section this year and miss the Chaddy not one bit. Come away from the game each week with more and more amusing stories, what will we all do next year???

This weeks other moments:

Our love for Frank Sinclair was shown very early on, as a sign of friendship back he 'gave' us our second goal. Super ... super Frank

Chaddy in the Paddock on one of the worst days of the year showing that the rumours that he as turned 'all corporate' on match days are untrue.

The fact I only had my best Wollen jacket on :angry:

.... the Hudders v Lookers joining forces to 'sing' towards the Hudders idiot who had a pop at their keeper. For once the Stewards seemed to get it right and remove the idiot.

The groans when 3 minutes extra time was signaled as another coke bottle floated past me. Again, I only had my best Wollen jacket on :angry:

Sorry LL you missed another classic day in the Paddock.

But as soon as the Hudds fans started on the 'Ritchie out' that's when the Lookers piped up pro Ritchie, more a dig at Hudds than anything.

Not having that...I was singing Stitch's name because he's a 'Tics legend and I'm not having opposition fans singing for him to lose his job at BP, where he's a hero.

It wasn't a pop at Hudders at all, it's solidarity with one of the best players to pull on a blue shirt.

ANDY, ANDY RITCHIE!

Personally, I don't agree with singing an opposition managers name during 3pm and the final whistle....no matter who is the manager or what their circumstances, unless it is a pisstake. Like it was during the League Cup 2-0 win at Udders when Rickers buried them and we sang about Steve Bruce. While our lot are on the pitch....the opposition is the enemy and the manager for 90+ minutes becomes it too. However...at both the Gayfarm and at BP yesterday, once the whistle had blown, I'd clapped off our players and sung a song or two for us, I then part-took and enjoyed an "Andy! Andy Ritchie!" etc.

Edited by boundaryblue80