That's all, folks

Ah well, so be it, with our injuries we've done well to get where we are. The foundations of the team are here, we have that Yatorno guy coming in, hopefully a few other players, Shez signed some good players at the start of last season and expect him to do the same. I'm very optimistic about next season. Hughes and Davies start firing on all cylinders right from the go!

Edited by Bring Back Pukka Pies

Ah well, so be it, with our injuries we've done well to get where we are. The foundations of the team are here, we have that Yatorno guy coming in, hopefully a few other players, Shez signed some good players at the start of last season and expect him to do the same. I'm very optimistic about next season. Hughes and Davies start firing on all cylinders right from the go!

If we can start the season with a fit Hughes and get in a few decent signings we will be a really good team

Guest sheridans_world

This has been a good season for the latics. While i think the playoffs (although still theoretically possible) are a definate no now, its been a very productive season. Not only have we seen some very good football (alot of the time) but it hasnt been the same team playing that football. We have had to contend with alot of injuries this season (more than our fair share, IMO) and the character of the whole squad has shown with us getting to where we are in the league after such a bad start.

Couple that with the youngsters coming through (Alessandra, Smalley, Trotman, Black) and with Chris Taylor, Neil Eardley and Kelvin Lomax continuing their development and it shows the quality of the BP youth system. Alot of new faces were thrown together at the start of the season, as has continued throughout the season. I just hope we can now retain what we have and build on it over the summer. There is no reason this squad (with 2 or 3 additions) cannot be a promotion winning squad next season.

Well done Shez, after a shaky start you got it together and got us into a very good position everything taken in account. Nows the time to play the youngsters, Black et al. Lets kick on and get out of this division next season.

In Shez We Trust.

TTA forever!

Couple that with the youngsters coming through (Alessandra, Smalley, Trotman, Black) and with Chris Taylor, Neil Eardley and Kelvin Lomax continuing their development and it shows the quality of the BP youth system. Alot of new faces were thrown together at the start of the season, as has continued throughout the season. I just hope we can now retain what we have and build on it over the summer. There is no reason this squad (with 2 or 3 additions) cannot be a promotion winning squad next season.

The manager?

Guest sheridans_world
The manager?

Rubbish, Shez is a young manager, showing lots of potential. He has learnt a lot of hard lessons this season (as he did last). He is always improving and he had started to get things right. Alot of people griped that he made subs too late, thats changed. Granted he missed out on signing a few players (eggs in one basket-ish) but thats football.

Shez is the manager to take this team forward.

my worry is that if Sheff Weds go down it looks like they'll sack Brian Laws, I really don't want Shez to leave it would be taking 2 steps back

On the plus side they would have to give us some form of compo

rite come on then, IF shez goes, whether it be his choice or TTA's, who do we bring in, who can do a better job and who would want to come here?????

Edited by Lookers_Carl

Rubbish, Shez is a young manager, showing lots of potential. He has learnt a lot of hard lessons this season (as he did last). He is always improving and he had started to get things right. Alot of people griped that he made subs too late, thats changed. Granted he missed out on signing a few players (eggs in one basket-ish) but thats football.

Shez is the manager to take this team forward.

Sheridan will be learning lessons for longer now than he did when he was a kid if we don't sack him.

On the plus side they would have to give us some form of compo

rite come on then, IF shez goes, whether it be his choice or TTA's, who do we bring in, who can do a better job and who would want to come here?????

We're already doing that one...here -----> http://www.owtb.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=13437

:wink:

We have had to contend with alot of injuries this season (more than our fair share, IMO)

While true, I'm getting a bit tired of this belief about "our fair share"....

Something's not right. Something is causing these injuries. I was told last week the "official" story on the new physios brought in was a load of balls and why they were really sacked. They were rubbish apparently and didn't have a clue what they were doing. And we're currently without one now still. Unacceptable.....be it Shez, TTA, cost cutting or whatever. Training methods, warm up/down routines.

It needs solving....we've not had a season like this before for injuries and there must be reasons behind it. Or else, we can bring in as many players as we like.....we'll be no different next season. Surely the club can see how getting players fitness right will save money in the long run.....less players needing to be loaned in to cover those on the sick list etc.

Sort it Latics!

Edited by boundaryblue80

Guest sheridans_world
While true, I'm getting a bit tired of this belief about "our fair share"....

Something's not right. Something is causing these injuries. I was told last week the "official" story on the new physios brought in was a load of balls and why they were really sacked. They were rubbish apparently and didn't have a clue what they were doing. And we're currently without one now still. Unacceptable.....be it Shez, TTA, cost cutting or whatever. Training methods, warm up/down routines.

It needs solving....we've not had a season like this before for injuries and there must be reasons behind it. Or else, we can bring in as many players as we like.....we'll be no different next season. Surely the club can see how getting players fitness right will save money in the long run.....less players needing to be loaned in to cover those on the sick list etc.

Sort it Latics!

I agree with what you are saying but a bad physio is a bad physio. I've had them myself.!

Nobes was a good physio, he had all the right letters after his name and knew what he was doing (speaking from personal experience).

You get the same with doctors, they might have passed the exams and be qualified but that doesnt mean they are a good doctor. Bad call on the physios, you have to give them time before sacking them (not just a two-week thing, more like a four month thing). They got found out, we are on the look out for a new physio. I dont think much could have been done differently...

Possibly....I think we'll all agree that losing Nobes has been a massive factor this season. Ok, we had some injuries early on, but it'd be interesting if a statto (Prozac? :wink:) were to count the injuries before and after. I still think training methods and the warm up and downs must be looked at too though....we must be doing something wrong.

Guest sheridans_world
Possibly....I think we'll all agree that losing Nobes has been a massive factor this season. Ok, we had some injuries early on, but it'd be interesting if a statto (Prozac? :wink:) were to count the injuries before and after. I still think training methods and the warm up and downs must be looked at too though....we must be doing something wrong.

I agree, i have not been at a match early enough recently to see if it has changed at all.

Another factor to think about is chapel road/little Wembley. The grounds-men have had a really hard time keeping them playable/trainable, so could it be inadequate training facilities? So could it be that players just cannot keep fit.

Although injuries have played their part, we have had another hugely dissapointing season once again.

I think we have to do something radical to get the interest of the supporters back as there a lot of fans drifting away from the club, so,

1) We could offer a season ticket initiative...like Stoke..Port Vale..Bradford.

2) We could gamble on signing an ex premiership star like a Paul Scholes or a Teddy Sheringham.

3) We could bring in a director of football like ... Joe Royle or Ron Atkinson.

4) We could change the manager....Bristol C with Gary Johnson, M K Dons with Paul Ince, and Swansea with Roberto Martinez, have all turned their respective clubs around in one

season.

5) We could sit back and do nothing different.

Personally I'd keep Shez for one more season and hope it all comes good, however we've had high expectations for the last 4 seasons and so far it hasn't happened and many of the fans are growing tired of all the false dawns.

Any of 1,2, or 3 would be my choice.

What's the general opinion....any other ideas?

Although injuries have played their part, we have had another hugely dissapointing season once again.

I think we have to do something radical to get the interest of the supporters back as there a lot of fans drifting away from the club, so,

1) We could offer a season ticket initiative...like Stoke..Port Vale..Bradford.

2) We could gamble on signing an ex premiership star like a Paul Scholes or a Teddy Sheringham.

3) We could bring in a director of football like ... Joe Royle or Ron Atkinson.

4) We could change the manager....Bristol C with Gary Johnson, M K Dons with Paul Ince, and Swansea with Roberto Martinez, have all turned their respective clubs around in one

season.

5) We could sit back and do nothing different.

Personally I'd keep Shez for one more season and hope it all comes good, however we've had high expectations for the last 4 seasons and so far it hasn't happened and many of the fans are growing tired of all the false dawns.

Any of 1,2, or 3 would be my choice.

What's the general opinion....any other ideas?

Definately consider 1. I really think an open forum is needed (like the last one in RRE) as im sure TTA would like to get things off their chests as would fans

We did no2 this season with ricketts and that didnt work

I would definately do number 3, or at least bring in some help for sheridan (whether he likes it or not)