*** LATICS vs LASHERS IN GAME THREAD ***

Matt

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Freekick - Gregan knocks it short to Edwards, Eddie asleep, Gillett nicks it off him and Blackpool almost score.

Corner to Latics, whoever was taking it miskicked it (kicked the corner flag! :blink: ) and straight to a Blackpool player.

FFS.

Guest oa_exile

Last kick of game Porter hit the bar and then ref blew FT

Bottom line we cannot score.......................just like at the start of the season !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Really not happy tonight. About absolutely everything.

From before the game, to during it, to after it.

Before

Very nice nearly being run over by a Tactical Video Unit Van. 8 young lads came out of the white hart, and made there way to the ground. It being about 25 to 8, and finishing my pint. I supped up, and walked out with my old man too.

I was stood roughly 30 yards behind them for the majority of the way, and watched as police riot van, after riot van drove past, slowed, took a look, and drove on.

This happened, all the way along Rochdale Road, and again Down sheepfoot Lane.

The 8 lads slowed down, as they came walking by the away end, and this is where myself and one or two others walking behind them too the paddock somehow moulded in with them.

From absolutely nowhere, Tactical Video Unit, and Riot Vans came storming into the back of the Rochdale Road End, and pretty much tried to run every Latics fan down. Much too the amusement of a good 200 seasiders still waiting to go in. The Old bill virtually pushed everyone towards the Blackpool fans. A few of whom didnt have a clue what was going on, and a few who looked quite keen. The old bill for some reason, filmed from there van, and said lines like, "smile boys, why wont you smile for me." - Some quality lines flew back, which raised a giggle and a half from me, "I would if I wasnt staring at such an ugly boat race." :lol:

Makes you wonder though, why they waited until the Latics fans were in spitting distance of the away fans in there hundreds waiting to go in, before actually rounding them up. Make's you wonder if the dibble actually want it to go off sometimes.

The Game

Boring first half, but we never really looked in danger. Then again, did we ever look like scoring?

I dont understand why we for some reason, seem to try and walk the ball in the net constantly? Why not just ping it like everyone does against us.

Some very silly mistakes, and the goal was bloody poor to say the least.

I dont like pin pointing certain players, but Poggy's kicking was absolutely shocking. The pitch possibly??? Easy excuse I know.

Useless lumps upfront to either Porter or Warne for a flick down, which never really came off. Knocks out wide to Taylor who struggled to beat his man all evening. 'Too f**king easy', I think the term is.

Simple mistakes would have lead to the most simple of goals. That would have been had the Blackpool player not missed the sitter of the season. :lol:

They hit the post. Cracking shot. Really impressed with there winger, and Forbes when he came on. Terrorised us them two.

We hit the bar at 0-0. Absolute rocket, and that I think was the first chance we pinged it from outside the area???

90th minute. We got a get out of jail card. Free kick just outside the area. Again, a cracking shot which pinged off the bar.

Must admit. Pretty impressed with Blackpool's numbers tonight. 2,000 on a Tuesday night. Not too much there support though, which to be fair was pretty good. I just dont understand how they cant muster a chant without that drum.

Stewards in the Paddock. Phuck sake man. Twenty people all stood up, not blocking anyone's view is no problem. Though to be fair, it did help the atmosphere a touch. Cheers to the Upper lot for joining in ;)

After

Having to listen to the moaners all the way up sheepfoot lane. Names coming in for criticism. Rocky by one old chap, who I kindly asked whether he was at Swansea. No was his reply. I told him to find someone who was, and tell him what you've just said, because I dont have the time now. Liddell, Porter, Poggy......the list goes on. W*nkers the lot!