Jason Jarrett

he'd get my vote!!

problem is though, that seems the only place he is 'happy' to play at.... and if he's not happy would that cause problems?

I would say yes in replacement of maybe kalala.....only seen one great performance from him so no telling if he would be able to play like he did on a more regular basis....We still need another more creative player alongside allott though as priority imo

Yes, I'd support his signing.

One excellent game but a couple of others where's he's shown an engine and drive that makes him an asset. And he seems motivated - when subbed he showed his frustration. Isn't afraid to tackle hard and is potentially going to get 8/10 goals a season as well as put bite in midfield.

Allott , him, Gary Mac, creative midfielder signing, and JP - that's five central and that's what we need for cover for injuries, suspensions etc.

This 'creative midfielder' thing is a problem for me. We played better football after Kilkenny left.

Allot and McDonald have both had a decent season.

Chris Taylor is back to form.

The team play better when Smalley is wide on the right.

If Jarrett plays in the middle and we push Allot out wide, the side loses something. Our creativity comes from our width.

So should Jarrett play ahead of McDonald? Is he really an attacking force (5 goals in a long career before scoring 3 in 2 games with us)?

My midfield would probably be McDonald and Allot in the middle, Liddle on the right and Taylor on the left. I'd have to leave Jarrett on the bench with Smalley.

In answer to the question, yes - I'd sign Jarrett. And move Kalala out.

Yes.

As for JJ, I'd like to sign him, however I'd sit him down and question his consistency. If that didn't improve, then he'd struggle to change my overall mind.

Jarrett is a far better player than McDonald. Who is even more inconsistent.

Guest oa_exile
However I'd sit him down and question his consistency

IF he didnt have the excellent game V's Udders then would we still want to sign him ? apart from that his first game was the only other good performance in 11 games.

Something still niggles me about him "More Clubs than Jack Nicholas" , whats the reason ?

Edited by oa_exile

Jarrett is a far better player than McDonald. Who is even more inconsistent.

I don't actually value Macca, either.

Yep, I also look at that, Exile. We've already seen him and Shez have a few words. I think his attitude also needs looking at. This, again, will show Shez' man-management. We've seen Ricketts, and Shez will own up to that mistake. I just hope he doesn't make another one.

I think someone should sign up to the Preston forums. :mmm:

Edited by UpTheLatics

Jarrett to me is a decent player, today he wanted the ball, and can do stuff with it, goodness only knows as to why Shez took him off again.

Perhaps the manager held out straws and Jarrett drew the short one.

Perhaps the manager held out straws and Jarrett drew the short one.

i think with a decent pre season behind him he will be a decent player for us,if we could get him,he is lacking in fitness and keeps getting little niggly knocks.

but think he could defo do a good job for us next season,if its at mcdonalds expense so be it,apart from a couple of goals he hasnt really done much this season,goes missing too often.