The best barometer of how this season went...

...was that out of 6,100 home fans about 300 stayed to applaud the team on their 1/2 lap of honour.

###### or bust next year Mr Sheridan.

Regardless of whether your shez in or shez out, think your 100 percent spot on there. If we dont make any progress then the owners defo need to consider sheridans position.

Think many fans will disagree over what is considered as progress. My opinion of progress is either making playoffs or just missing out (as in we are in or around 6th for the majority of the season with a very realistic chance of making the playoffs)

Edited by Lookers_Carl

MY barometer says 1020.

It is measured by the number of injuries multiplied by the importance of that player, divided by the number minutes the kids played multiplied by the minutes they would have had we been able to filed a full strength side. With a x being the worrying bottling under pressure factor.

and if we dont go up in a league which will have leicester, mebbe leeds, mebbe doncaster, mebbe forest then we (and shezza try again) - my barometer stays at the same level - i watch latics regardless - win or lose, have a booze!

Disgraceful Leezy. If you were a real fan, you would also have a booze when we draw. I'll be having words :wink:

Regards the clapping, well, it was a right pigs ear, not helped by the pitch invasions. I'm as clappy as the next man and I nearly gave up waiting.

...was that out of 6,100 home fans about 300 stayed to applaud the team on their 1/2 lap of honour.

###### or bust next year Mr Sheridan.

Lol....how sad...Mr G flies in with yet another pathetically thought out jibe at the manager.....

Nowt to do with the fact no ######er knew if the players were coming out or not at the end. I was one of the 300 (did you count them all yourself?) who waited back....in the hope they would. Others possibly didn't think about doing so or if they did, presumed it wasn't happening and went. Or felt it was taking too long. And fair enough, they went. Ain't no barometer though....but I can see how it's a handy stick to beat the manager with.

Lol....how sad...Mr G flies in with yet another pathetically thought out jibe at the manager.....

Nowt to do with the fact no ######er knew if the players were coming out or not at the end. I was one of the 300 (did you count them all yourself?) who waited back....in the hope they would. Others possibly didn't think about doing so or if they did, presumed it wasn't happening and went. Or felt it was taking too long. And fair enough, they went. Ain't no barometer though....but I can see how it's a handy stick to beat the manager with.

I waited, defo didnt think they were coming out though, the tannoy bloke couldve said somet - worth waiting for - give the guys a cheer for their efforts - indeed - sorry win lose or draw, go to the bar!!

Always been of the mindset that any sort of 'lap of honour', should be just that. To celebrate achievement, mid-table mediocrity is nothing to celebrate. I clap the players off ,thank them for their efforts that particular day and that is it, unless we've been shockingly sheite! If people want to celebrate mediocrity and under achievement then that is their perogative, me i'd rather get a headstart to the pub. Same as I've never really understood 'laps of honour' when sides have narrowly avoided relegation, well under Royle and Ritchie fair enough but by the time the Bradford game came about I was just angry we were in that position AGAIN! And muttered summat like TFFT and marched off to the pub.

On the flip side if we could finish 8th I'd be happy with that, but still no reason for a lap of honour or appreciation or whatever. Come over clap the away fans, away fans clap back, everybody's happy where's the pub? imo.

I see the last home game of the season walkabout the pitch as a chance for the players to say thanks to us the fans. We turn up week in week out and give them a clap and for a few minutes at the end of the season they do the same to us in recognition of our efforts over the season.

For me the reason why the ground was so empty was because there had been no announcement beforehand that the players would come back out, if there had been something before kick-off or at half time on the tannoy I think a few more would have stayed behind.