Crazy Offer for Taylor

Good to see Mr Corney has been paying attention at Cliche School. 94.73% of players change clubs shortly after the owner, “issues a hands off warning.” Not that I’m saying he wants to sell, but there must be some genuine interest in Taylor if we are pushing the price up. I guess that might be what Liddell was talking about when he said that all the young lads could move on if the club decided to cash in.

Simon Corney says Chris Taylor going nowhere unless a "silly offer" is made.

What is the minimum silly offer ???

If someone offered 3 smarties, a tin of tartain paint, a copy of October 1997 Motorcycle news and a melted welly - now that would be a silly offer.

I'm here all week.

Simon Corney says Chris Taylor going nowhere unless a "silly offer" is made.

TBH, I'm surprised I'm the only one to mention this...however, why has Corney only mentioned Taylor when saying "he's going nowhere unless silly money is offered"? Why not Eardley also? You could call it looking for something that isn't there....but I don't think it is. To me, it's quite stark in it's omission....sounds to me that it's like likely he will be offski's in the summer as we know there's been a lot of strong interest in the lad.

TBH, I'm surprised I'm the only one to mention this...however, why has Corney only mentioned Taylor when saying "he's going nowhere unless silly money is offered"? Why not Eardley also? You could call it looking for something that isn't there....but I don't think it is. To me, it's quite stark in it's omission....sounds to me that it's like likely he will be offski's in the summer as we know there's been a lot of strong interest in the lad.

Corney was only asked about Taylor in his interview with Gordon Lawton, wasn't any mention about Eardley.

Well, anything over £750k area and we sadly have to take note. However, I think could be more valuable to us if we kept him.

If he was allowed to play on the right he could well be worth that kind of money, and £1.5m would then be a silly offer. we need a left winger as good on the left as Taylor is on the right. We'd tear teams apart. But Shez can't see it.

anything between 500k and 750k would do it,plus incentives.....

he hasnt performed to his best this season and that may put clubs off,i think he will have a storming season next season.

The second season can be tricky. Sides sussed him out, put two defenders on him and showed him outside rather than in. It made life hard for him and the adjustment wasn't easy. He combined that with some dreadful corners too.

That said, towards the end of the season he's been significantly more potent and looks like he's actually developed as a player this season.

Width is vital to success next season. He cannot be allowed to leave.

That said, towards the end of the season he's been significantly more potent and looks like he's actually developed as a player this season.

Width is vital to success next season. He cannot be allowed to leave.

I'd also suggest that Smalley on the right wing has helped with that when he's been played there...taking on a full back, pulling players out of position....all adds to the balance and helped Taylor a bit more.

Taylor is going nowhere, cos he doesnt want to. IMO. One of the few players to still have club loyalty I think, or am I wearing the rose tinted specs again?

Silly offer........ around 1.5million with sell on clause would maybe make him and Corney have a rethink, but only if it was a club he really wants to play for.