Gary McDonald

Sorry but don't agree with Shez playing him today.

He's decided to move on so good luck to him but we should be playing people who are going to be involved next season.

Play the best team you've got. If Macca was retiring would you be saying the same thing?

If he's under contract and good enough, then play him. We have him under contract until July, had we been in the playoffs would you be saying we should still not play him? As jss said, play the best team you've got. Besides he's a club hero now, he needs a proper send off and he's having a good game according to SSN.

Edited by Bring Back Pukka Pies

Besides he's a club hero now, he needs a proper send off and he's having a good game according to SSN.
agreed, he certainly deserves a better send off than the round of applause from 200 people they got at BP last week.

Sorry but don't agree with Shez playing him today.

He's decided to move on so good luck to him but we should be playing people who are going to be involved next season.

If we had taken him off he would not have been as entertaning for the fans.

Seconded.All the best Gaz.You`ve been a professional in the true sense of the word in your time at Latics.A fitting end today to one of my favourite Latics players of recent times.

Good luck to you and the Dons.Yet another Scottish team`s results to look out for with ex-`tic players playing up there!

A great send off, which I think he found a little overwhelming in the end.

Good luck Gary, you deserve it. :)

Seems fans on here have no axe to grind at all which is great. It also smacks of 'we won't really miss your footballing ability that much Gary'. If it was Wellens who'd signed a pre-contract agreement with Donny and he turned out for last game with fans knowing this he'd have been torn limb from limb. Difference being Wellard was a big player for us but Macca wasn't.

KOTK

Seems fans on here have no axe to grind at all which is great. It also smacks of 'we won't really miss your footballing ability that much Gary'. If it was Wellens who'd signed a pre-contract agreement with Donny and he turned out for last game with fans knowing this he'd have been torn limb from limb. Difference being Wellard was a big player for us but Macca wasn't.

KOTK

Think that is very harsh, McDonald was a big player for us, in the last 2 years the good runs of form we have had are when McDonald has been at his best, he makes us tick.

I'm homeless.

Haha....every now and then something on here makes me laugh out loud! :grin:

Sorry to see him go tbh....do think we need someone more consistent but on his day he's a cracking player. Just not enough of his days. Thanks for the memories Gary!

Edited by boundaryblue80

I think hes been a great player for us and it sucks that we let him go without a fight. We need to replace him rapido, not leave it and end up with nothing like Wellens, Porter, Killkeny....