RRE Season Tickets

Having been entertained by the fans fixture or annual mauling me & a couple of mates decided to have a mooch in the RRE for next seasons seats.

I've purchased 3 online tonight & two more are being paid via cheque at BP tomorrow.

Anybody else planning to get in there? Hoping to get a good group of us to actually create an atmosphere at home (that would be nice, and there is no excuse with the acoustics in there)

We have punted for seats around the late 90's in number (not too near the aways fans to be badgered by stewards & not to far away either) :wink:

The row we are looking at are from T upwards, we have seats on row X.

Any thoughts on getting the singers in there for example?

Ric

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didnt realise you could choose a seat, ill be up for getting in a singing section, missed not singing as much since moving to the lookers from the chaddy this year! are singers in the RRE partial to a bit of standing up as well?

I didnt realise you could choose a seat, ill be up for getting in a singing section, missed not singing as much since moving to the lookers from the chaddy this year! are singers in the RRE partial to a bit of standing up as well?

Yes, hence why we went near the back and got row X leaves about ten rows behind us, but can get windy up the top.

The section to be in is the I. :wink:

For the love of god, get out of the chaddy end people doesn't matter how hard you sing it can't really be heard.

Spread the word!!!!

Ric

Yes, hence why we went near the back and got row X leaves about ten rows behind us, but can get windy up the top.

For the love of god, get out of the chaddy end people doesn't matter how hard you sing it can't really be heard.

Spread the word!!!!

Ric

Well i think me my dad and brother will be getting tickets in that area then near the back, and im sure a couple more, i prefer being near the back anyway in the RRE better view of the other end of the pitch and out of the rain too!!

Hopefully a move to the RRE wil finally get a bit of noise at BP even for the lesser games!

[quote Hopefully a move to the RRE wil finally get a bit of noise at BP even for the lesser games!

Exactly here is to hoping.

That's been the debate for me & my mate - keep our side on view / player banter seats by switching to the Main Stand Paddock OR....

Rocky End, and try and get near the singers & satrt an atmosphere (or try to!)......thanks for starting a post like this ROAM, as we didn't have a clue where to ask for our seats for next season.........

Having been entertained by the fans fixture or annual mauling me & a couple of mates decided to have a mooch in the RRE for next seasons seats.

I've purchased 3 online tonight & two more are being paid via cheque at BP tomorrow.

Anybody else planning to get in there? Hoping to get a good group of us to actually create an atmosphere at home (that would be nice, and there is no excuse with the acoustics in there)

We have punted for seats around the late 90's in number (not too near the aways fans to be badgered by stewards & not to far away either) :wink:

The row we are looking at are from T upwards, we have seats on row X.

Any thoughts on getting the singers in there for example?

Ric

we are row y, high 80's

Ric

Having been dripped on by leaking pipes in the Lookers upper for about 15 years i can take a bit of wind......

I block row DD

Having been dripped on by leaking pipes in the Lookers upper for about 15 years i can take a bit of wind......

I block row DD

moved from the paddock,behind the subs bench to rre.

Top corner,back row seats 107,108+109

wonder if I can sleep until the new season starts

This is what I like to see kids.

Let's hope many more follow suit. :wink:

Can't remember a time the ground was bouncing.

No disrespect to the Chaddy enders, I was one for years but when you think it sounds noisy in there it really isn't.

All of which prove nothing Diego, sounds great when you're in there I know that I was a season ticket holder in there for nigh on ten years.

However, go as far as the lookers paddock and it sounds like a whimper, hence sitting in the RRE being far better due to better acoustics.

Chaddy is dead (not you wayne :wink: )

Reserved our seats today, row X and Y round seat 80. 2 Adults, 4 kids, 1 OAP. Averages out at less than £6 each per game !! (obviously helped by the 4 kids which average £2.17 a game).

Reserved our seats today, row X and Y round seat 80. 2 Adults, 4 kids, 1 OAP. Averages out at less than £6 each per game !! (obviously helped by the 4 kids which average £2.17 a game).

You're sat in front of us then. :grin:

How do you know the accoustics in the RRE are better than the Chaddy End?

Sitting about halfway in the Lookers , a smaller amount of supporters in the RRE make more noise than the Chaddy. We could argue about actual numbers singing/chanting, how loud each person's voice is etc...but the pitch of the roof pushes sound out from the RRE but in the Chaddy it keeps some in.

I was in the Chaddy for the Man City and Bolton Cup games and it did sound loud but the word from many sat outside was that it didn't exceed the RRE.

Next season the Chaddy will lose people and the difference will be even more visible ( or, rather, audible!).

It's the beginning of the end for the Chaddy....

Sitting about halfway in the Lookers , a smaller amount of supporters in the RRE make more noise than the Chaddy. We could argue about actual numbers singing/chanting, how loud each person's voice is etc...but the pitch of the roof pushes sound out from the RRE but in the Chaddy it keeps some in.

I was in the Chaddy for the Man City and Bolton Cup games and it did sound loud but the word from many sat outside was that it didn't exceed the RRE.

Next season the Chaddy will lose people and the difference will be even more visible ( or, rather, audible!).

It's the beginning of the end for the Chaddy....

Your explanation perpetuates the urban myth. Some people talk about acoustics but I never see them sing, even at away games! What is fact is that a smaller amount of visiting fans, most of whom sing as it's them against the world, will normally outsing the larger home end, where only a hard core are singing. However, if enough of the home fans are prepared to sing they will outsing the visiting fans because there are more of them. It's quite simple really, nothing to do with acoustics, all to do with the number of singers.

Sing your hearts out for the lads, wherever you sit at BP and it will become a fortress, but we've had this discussion a thousand times before. Next season will provide a better atmosphere, with each end trying to outsing the other - just what we need!

Your explanation perpetuates the urban myth. Some people talk about acoustics but I never see them sing, even at away games! What is fact is that a smaller amount of visiting fans, most of whom sing as it's them against the world, will normally outsing the larger home end, where only a hard core are singing. However, if enough of the home fans are prepared to sing they will outsing the visiting fans because there are more of them. It's quite simple really, nothing to do with acoustics, all to do with the number of singers.

Sing your hearts out for the lads, wherever you sit at BP and it will become a fortress, but we've had this discussion a thousand times before. Next season will provide a better atmosphere, with each end trying to outsing the other - just what we need!

Engineering design isn't an urban myth :) !

The roof shape does give the RRE an advantage.

But everybody who can shout/sing should wherever they are.

Make the most of time in the Chaddy those who stop there...it may not be your home in a few years.

Make the most of time in the Chaddy those who stop there...it may not be your home in a few years.

Some people seem determined to give to the visiting fans the End where they will not be subject to glare from the sun and the biting wind/rain/hail/sleet/snow!

Some people seem determined to give to the visiting fans the End where they will not be subject to glare from the sun and the biting wind/rain/hail/sleet/snow!

I should think a pair of sunglasses or a hat and coat might be the solution.

Funnily enough the hardened souls of the lookers lower and the first 6 rows of the upper know a thing or 2 about pounding rain, after the huddersfield game. And in my old days of going in the chaddy I got wet about 10 rows back. Think it was vs Millwal, must've been over 10 years ago though.

As for the true volume, I'd have though stand design could have a massive impact - isn't that why bose and B&O spend a fortune designing speaker cabinets, as it's the cabinet that most influence the volume and timbre, not the speaker. From my experience sat in the lookers, the RRE is louder.

Edited by real

Ahhhhh the age old Chaddy V RRE singing debate. As a former Ford stander despite what anyone says the RRE is louder, it's no urban myth. Even with just 100 Colchester fans in. BUT The Chaddy is the spiritual home end at BP. The solution - simple, when the new Chaddy is built (if ever, but that's another debate!) make sure the architect roofs it in such a way that it sounds as loud as the RRE, then everyone will be happy.