Club Shop DVD's

Just wondering why the club shop doesnt sell DVD's of some of Latics best games? i.e. when we beat Man City and Everton in the cup and the Sheff Wed game. As far as i know they have never been on sale? Do we not have the rights to sell them?

Ive got the Grimsby Celebration Sunday one and a few old videos of the prem days. The club doesnt sell enough DVD's of matches IMO.

Just wondering why the club shop doesnt sell DVD's of some of Latics best games? i.e. when we beat Man City and Everton in the cup and the Sheff Wed game. As far as i know they have never been on sale? Do we not have the rights to sell them?

Ive got the Grimsby Celebration Sunday one and a few old videos of the prem days. The club doesnt sell enough DVD's of matches IMO.

A Sheff Wed DVD was produced

The win vs City was also sold

A 3 DVD boxset was sold, Champs season, Great Escape and the win over Arsenal in 1989

A 3 DVD boxset was sold detailing the firt 13 games of our season back in top-flight.

All were taken from VHS so aren't the greatest quality but decent nonetheless. ESpecially when you've pretty much wore out yer VHS copies.

It is strange how the Everton game has still not been released. It can't be that difficult to make them and they'd make a packet on them, though they probably would have made more if they'd released it a couple of weeks after the game when the excitement was fever pitch. Poor effort really.

It is strange how the Everton game has still not been released. It can't be that difficult to make them and they'd make a packet on them, though they probably would have made more if they'd released it a couple of weeks after the game when the excitement was fever pitch. Poor effort really.

Possibly Everton own the rights and want too much?

Would many buy the Everton game on DVD though? I'm quite happy with the recorded highlights from MOTD plus other associated programmes that I put onto DVD. I'm sure many other Latics fans did the same.

I firmly believe that if there were money to be made, then it would be done. My view is that in this day of multiple media outlets showing the goals, highlights etc, there would be insufficient interest to make a profit. Totally unlike the good old days when you were reliant on something being produced by The Club as there was no such thing as You-Tube; LaticsWorld; Big match Weekend; ITV Goals; Virgin Goals etc etc.

Would many buy the Everton game on DVD though? I'm quite happy with the recorded highlights from MOTD plus other associated programmes that I put onto DVD. I'm sure many other Latics fans did the same.

I firmly believe that if there were money to be made, then it would be done. My view is that in this day of multiple media outlets showing the goals, highlights etc, there would be insufficient interest to make a profit. Totally unlike the good old days when you were reliant on something being produced by The Club as there was no such thing as You-Tube; LaticsWorld; Big match Weekend; ITV Goals; Virgin Goals etc etc.

There were a fair few on here that said they would buy a copy after the game if it became available. Whilst you can see the goals on YouTube, I and I assume a few others would like to have an actual memento of the game on their shelf. It's why I bought the City game (whenever I watch it it's only for the first 17 mins and then FF to the final whistle!), and it's why I'd buy an Everton one. Obviously in this day and age fewer would buy it than if the game was played 10 years ago, but I still think there's a market for it.

Possibly Everton own the rights and want too much?

I'd assume the FA have the rights, in the same way the FL hold the rights to all League games not the home club where the game is played. Can't see them trying to rip us off for wanting to produce a cheapy DVD of a giantkilling.

I'd buy it, the TV coverage I saw was crap

Pretty sure being the FAC the FA own the rights to that game.

I had a copy of the League Cup final which I lent my brother, asked it for it back and the little git lent it out and cant remember who too :mad:

There were a fair few on here that said they would buy a copy after the game if it became available. Whilst you can see the goals on YouTube, I and I assume a few others would like to have an actual memento of the game on their shelf. It's why I bought the City game (whenever I watch it it's only for the first 17 mins and then FF to the final whistle!), and it's why I'd buy an Everton one. Obviously in this day and age fewer would buy it than if the game was played 10 years ago, but I still think there's a market for it.

I'd buy it, the TV coverage I saw was crap

I'm not saying that it wouldn't sell. I just doubt that it would sell in sufficient numbers to generate a profit. Presumably OAFC think similarly as they haven't produced a DVD for some time. With regard to an annual highlights package, maybe they think that it would compete with LaticsWorld where of course most games have around 10 minutes worth of highlights.

Maybe they need to test the water though with the big one-off Cup victories. Perhaps when we beat Man Utd at Old Trafford next January? :)

As a side topic to this i think the merchandise in the club shop is pretty poor. They could do with a few new ideas. The clothing on offer (apart from the replica kits) always looks a bit tacky and of low quality IMO. Ive never bought anythin other than the replica shirts.

Im sorry but i bet it costs £1.50 to make a DVD with packaging these days. Selling them for a fiver each would be a great idea, or even having an online store where you could choose which games you want to buy on DVD, maybe making them downloadable to iPod aswell.

Im sorry but i bet it costs £1.50 to make a DVD with packaging these days. Selling them for a fiver each would be a great idea, or even having an online store where you could choose which games you want to buy on DVD, maybe making them downloadable to iPod aswell.

This is a good point and one worth looking into. I know Manchester Phoenix do it for their home games...you can buy a copy of any game online, think it's about 7 or 8 quid. I assume they're made to order. It's a very easy source of revenue, and if each copy is only made after an order then it's surely impossible to make a loss.