Another one to pass the time

Following on from the success of Lags's plane quiz, I was sent this earlier and it killed some time. There is a correct answer, no tricks and extra marks will not be given for showing your working out.

This is a real maths problem so don't say that a bus has no legs. And do not include a bus driver! Read carefully.

There are 7 girls in a bus.

Each girl has 7 backpacks.

In each backpack, there are 7 big cats.

For every big cat there are 7 little cats.

Question: How many legs are there in the bus?

Following on from the success of Lags's plane quiz, I was sent this earlier and it killed some time. There is a correct answer, no tricks and extra marks will not be given for showing your working out.

This is a real maths problem so don't say that a bus has no legs. And do not include a bus driver! Read carefully.

There are 7 girls in a bus.

Each girl has 7 backpacks.

In each backpack, there are 7 big cats.

For every big cat there are 7 little cats.

Question: How many legs are there in the bus?

Is it 406 legs???!!

Assuming there are no extra passengers on the bus (which given the amount of room the 7 girls are taking up with the backpacks and cats is quite likely) and that all the cats have 4 legs. Plus that we aren't to count the two legs of the bus driver. I think the answer is 10990

I bet some people will answer 9618.

I reckon it's 10990.

Correctamundo.

7 Girls (each has 2 legs) = 14 legs

Each have 7 bags

Each bag has 7 cats - so we have 7 (girls) x 7 (bags) x 7 (cats) = 343 Cats x 4 (legs) = 1372

Each of those 343 cats has another 7 cats (don't ask me why, they just do.) so 343 x 7 = 2401 x 4 (legs) = 9604

So 1372 (legs) + 9604 (legs) = 10976 plus the 14 legs that the girls have gives you = 10990

And we are all now closer to the start of the footie season.

Edited by beag_teeets