Eardley to Liverpool

I'm sure that this has already been posted but I can't be bothered wading through all the posts about former Gretna players.

BBC exclusive

Two questions:

1) Why does our news always come in articles about Crewe?

2) Who are they kidding? Neal's a decent player but he is nowhere near the quality of player that Liverpool are looking for

There are some obvious phrases in there which show it is just trash talk...

while Oldham full-back Neal Eardley has been linked with Liverpool.

We all know they scouted him about a year ago... whatever.... plus, again they have got it wrong... if they said "Oldham Midfield dynamo Neal Eardley" then they might have their facts right...

Guest oa_exile
There are some obvious phrases in there which show it is just trash talk...

We all know they scouted him about a year ago... whatever.... plus, again they have got it wrong... if they said "Oldham Midfield dynamo Neal Eardley" then they might have their facts right...

Alec Lindsey was seen in the Main Stand plenty of times.

Guest oa_exile
Haven't Liverpool just signed another right back anyway? They've already got 2! That's just greedy....

Well they are in the Greedy League ^_^

Top-flight clubs eye Crewe keeper

Owain Fon Williams has not yet played for Crewe

Young Welsh goalkeeper Owain Fon Williams is the target of two Premier League clubs, BBC Sport understands.

Both Blackburn Rovers and Bolton Wanderers are tracking the 21-year-old Crewe Alexandra stopper, who wants to leave the League One strugglers.

Championship rivals Swansea City and Derby County have also shown an interest in Williams.

The keeper is yet to play a senior game for Crewe but has impressed for the Welsh Under-21 international team.

Williams is one of many highly-rated Wales youngsters tipped for Premier League moves in the summer.

AFC Bournemouth striker Sam Vokes has been linked with a move to Newcastle United and Scottish Premier League giants Celtic.

Cardiff playmaker Aaron Ramsey is a target of Champions League finalists Manchester United as well as Arsenal and Liverpool.

Ramsey's club team-mate Joe Ledley is wanted by Everton, while Oldham full-back Neal Eardley has been linked with Liverpool.

well Finnan is on his way out so Eardley must be the replacement :lol:

He'll never leave anyway, not now he is a midfield genius!

Everone knows he is a gash right back!! Just look at him at international level :wink:

Liverpool have signed Philipp Degen, a Swiss international, to play at right-back. He'll compete with Alvaro Arbeloa for that position. They also have Finnan, although rumoured to be on his way to Fulham. Eardley would be third-choice at best. He'd be a fool to move; I think this is old, re-hashed paper talk.

I think this is old, re-hashed paper talk.

Agreed. The fact the spoof photo I put up was from OWTB's 2007 April Fool shows just how long ago that newspaper speculation was.

Eardley is a good prospect and a decent player but there is no way that he will be Premier League standard at any time in the near future - let alone at a "Big 4" Club.

Agreed. The fact the spoof photo I put up was from OWTB's 2007 April Fool shows just how long ago that newspaper speculation was.

Eardley is a good prospect and a decent player but there is no way that he will be Premier League standard at any time in the near future - let alone at a "Big 4" Club.

It wasn't actually fellas, we went with Porter to City instead, in the end. :tongue1: