Transfer News!

Lol...be very surprised if there's another signing before Midday next Thursday. Fair play if there is and fair play for the ones already (but simply put, there had to be.....) but this for me is a "come and buy your cheap season tickets" article. I've no problem with the club doing that....just pointing out this fact so that prats like Groanica and others don't start whining once again, should we fail to sign another player for a week or two.

Lol...be very surprised if there's another signing before Midday next Thursday. Fair play if there is and fair play for the ones already (but simply put, there had to be.....) but this for me is a "come and buy your cheap season tickets" article. I've no problem with the club doing that....just pointing out this fact so that prats like Groanica and others don't start whining once again, should we fail to sign another player for a week or two.

:lol:

Im just impressed they are doing the signing at the right time the earlier the better get them bedded in and training together for a good period of time!! Well done Shez & TTA promising moves... he is certainly learnt from last years mistakes of bringing in players too late(i know that is because of the playoffs)... I for one am already getting optomistic about next season!!!

Hope you don't help with reading classes Owl? The article clearly says one next week and 2 or 3 more permanent deals plus using loans to the full. Hardly quiet.

AND ROSS you cynic......... fresh from Prestatyn as well thought you would be glad to get back from the rat infested dump. :grin:

Nowt wrong with Prestatyn, going with the family to the Haven Camp for a week next week. Kids love it, Dad makes a right tit of himself during the family cabaret, (See Disco Dad Haven Great Yarmouth 2006, Mablethorpe Arm-wrestling Champ 2002 etc...)

Edited by oafcprozac

Hope you don't help with reading classes Owl? The article clearly says one next week and 2 or 3 more permanent deals plus using loans to the full. Hardly quiet.

AND ROSS you cynic......... fresh from Prestatyn as well thought you would be glad to get back from the rat infested dump. :grin:

I think the children teach masked owl aka Tantastic Pete to read :grin:

Luigi Glombard?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luigi_Glombard

I liked him wonder if its worth a punt?

I know but ya know our luck. Deals fall through, Doncaster put bids in, etc. However, so far so good and im staying positive! I hope BP will be a hive of transfer acitivity.

Enjoy..... Went with a group of disabled youngsters for a wheelchair dance festival, went for a walk with the kids and found at least 50+ dead rats and loads more running about near chalets. A spiders nest the size of an orange in the bath and the tv bolted down.....lovely. Admitedly it was early in the year (March) as a special events for the kids, but tends to colour your view.

Could it be the Prozac? that gives you fond memories? :wink:

Sure that wasn't Pontins? (They're all complete dumps) We're staying in a brand new 2008 caravan on the HAVEN Camp. Never had any problems they're usually immaculate. As for Pontins they're aimed at single sex group weekends, probably the reason you found it to be a bit of a dump.

Edited by oafcprozac

Could it be a resurrection of the loan move for Sturridge from Citeh could be on the cards...striker/left-side mids/winger? Tommy's talking a lot of sense in his interviews regarding strengthening the squad.

That would be good! Or maybe a Chelsea player that was promised.

Oh Yes :wink: that was Pontins alright. Assumed thats where the snooker event was?

TBH, it was alright....unless the rats you're on about are the Scousers :grin:

Only problem we had was a Hitler of a bouncer who thought it was a good idea to run the site through the week as though he was back on the doors in Bolton (he runs the security for doors around there.) He came a bit unstuck when I asked him how it was ok to be playing topless footy at 5am on a Friday and Saturday night and there'd been no complaints or heavy handed "bouncering"....he said he was on the doors in Bolton, so I said "I'm glad there's someone here at the weekend who does the job better than you do then." Had a good few nights of winding up him and his "buddies" to which they finally called the police. Who bollocked them for "wasting police time on calling them out"....

Other than that, was a top week!

Edited by boundaryblue80

Using the loan system well is vitally important for clubs at our level and with the success of Man City's kids and Man U's famous youth team I would think we have some ideal opportunities to give some of their youngsters a bit more competitive football. Since we are playing at a decent standard, have a good opportunity and reputation for cup runs (meaning that they might well play against some bigger clubs) and they don't have to move from thier current location and can be easily recalled if the other club seem appropriate. We get a decent player that could play first-team football regularly and if not is a good player to have in the squad. It worked quite well for us last year with Kilkenny and Bertrand (who was improving by the game and could have been a contender for an award if he had stayed until the end of the season) and although the way they both left was a bit poor they did contribute a lot whilst they were here.

Only problem we had was a Hitler of a bouncer who thought it was a good idea to run the site through the week as though he was back on the doors in Bolton (he runs the security for doors around there.) He came a bit unstuck when I asked him how it was ok to be playing topless footy at 5am on a Friday and Saturday night and there'd been no complaints or heavy handed "bouncering"....he said he was on the doors in Bolton, so I said "I'm glad there's someone here at the weekend who does the job better than you do then." Had a good few nights of winding up him and his "buddies" to which they finally called the police. Who bollocked them for "wasting police time on calling them out"....

Sounds a bit like the 'Burton two' storm in a teacup at Forest. :wink:

Sounds a bit like the 'Burton two' storm in a teacup at Forest. :wink:

Lol...possibly...but we didn't get frogmarched anywhere :wink:

Infact, we found it funny how we were struggling to find a ball to play with and these clowns turned up with 3 in their hands! Must've made them feel big and proud to be nicking everybody's ball.

Ross is not being a cynic, he is just highlighting that this does look like the old " CREATING THE SENSE ON URGENCY" card! And to be honest, fair play, I would do the same. TTA have never let us down on the finance front, even though some easily forget that. The way its worded sounds like we have a extra 300k in the budget. You know what our fans can be like LOL!!!

Long live TTA!!!