The thread about merchandise got me thinking, does anyone else think we could maybe spruce up our badge a little? The owl does look like 2 rabbits staring each other out or kissing. I have a feeling some traditionalists wouldnt like it changed though:)

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The thread about merchandise got me thinking, does anyone else think we could maybe spruce up our badge a little? The owl does look like 2 rabbits staring each other out or kissing. I have a feeling some traditionalists wouldnt like it changed though:)

Rabbits my arse! You're dead right about traditionalists - leave the sacred owl alone!! :shock:

Think those who've had tattoo's with the crest done would be chasing you with a big stick if you got your way, wozz. :lol:

lol didnt think of that :) reminds me of my old housemates brother from hull. Got a Hull Sharks? tatoo when they were trying to spice up rugby league and then they changed back to Hull FC very shortly after!

Don't football clubs regularly change the Club Crest / Badge? Something to do with copyright or something - the logo can only be protected for so long before it becomes available to others to produce. So they change it regularly so the current design is always protected.

Spurs did it a year or so ago.

Look at the Latics Badge over the last 50 years and I think they will have evolved.

Could be a load of codswallop of course.

Was actually thinking about the club badges the other day, and th question of Who has the best badge... and I came to the conclusion it was us, not because I am Biased (well I am) just because I thunk it is quality, and most club badges are absolute tripe.... firstly, anyone with a 'city coat of arms' ie, huddersfield or Brizzle City should be banned, just bobbins....

.. you are right, it has evolved (gay ears etc) but it looks cool, and still has a sense of tradition about it... I think it will do just fine...

Votes for worst club badge:

- Barnsley (bloody awful - the worst I have ever seen)

- Walsall (also awful)

- Doncaster - honestly, just terrible, crappy triangle thing..

- Liverpool - they changed it and made it worse

- Leeds (as above)

and the best (along with ours!)

- Forest. Classic, simle recognisable

- Wendies - as above

- Aresnal - actually like he new change

- Blackburn - always liked it, despite the club...

- Bristol Rovers

Votes for worst club badge:

- Barnsley (bloody awful - the worst I have ever seen)

- Walsall (also awful)

- Doncaster - honestly, just terrible, crappy triangle thing..

- Liverpool - they changed it and made it worse

- Leeds (as above)

The classic deterioration of a badge is the one which went from M....U....F...C... to M....U.... when greed took over.

Fulham's looks like a swastika or something to do with Nazis!

150px-Fulham_crest.png

Yeah, I hear you. It's the red rose thing isn't it? I like that myself.

Exactly - like latin phrases too...

Oh - almost forgot this god-awful piece of tripe... honestly, what were the designers thinking..

SwindonTCrest1.gif

On the topic... just seen QPR have changed thier badge...

0,,10373~3653576,00.jpg

Actually quite like the old one.. again, simple and recognisable... however, suppose the richest club in the world needs a coat of arms...

QPR_Badge.jpg

Far better...

Oh - almost forgot this god-awful piece of tripe... honestly, what were the designers thinking..

SwindonTCrest1.gif

Ooh god. Horrid isn't it? It looks like the logo for a faceless chain of Travelodge type things. Didn't Swindon used to have that town crest thing going on?

Shrewsbury used to have a wonderful simple shrew crest, similar to Sheff Wednesday's owl design but they dropped it for an awful 'shields' one.

0,,10373~3653576,00.jpg

Actually quite like the old one.. again, simple and recognisable... however, suppose the richest club in the world needs a coat of arms...

QPR_Badge.jpg

Far better...

If I supported the Rs I would be gutted. As stated the old badge was a classic.

0,,10373~3653576,00.jpg

QPR_Badge.jpg

Far better...

That new design is shocking, and what's with the crown thing on top? - ideas above their station if you ask me.

KtF,

Derek.

The owl does look like 2 rabbits staring each other out or kissing.

So it does. How odd.

Well I won't be able to see anything else now other than rabbits.

I like the AFC Bournemouth emblem...

afcb.gif

and West Ham's too...

club_westham.gif