It appears....

Edit: Cool Twente avatar F68 :)

Will this suffice?

Columbia Encyclopedia: Greater Manchester,

former metropolitan county, 497 sq mi (1,288 sq km), W central England. It comprised ten administrative districts: Bolton, Bury, Manchester, Oldham, Rochdale, Salford, Stockport, Tameside, Trafford, and Wigan. The county, which was created in the 1974 local government reorganization, was abolished in 1986, and the districts became responsible for all services except police, fire, and civil defense, which are supervised jointly.

http://www.answers.com/topic/greater-manchester?cat=travel

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This one? I do wish you didn't make me do all the work for you.

http://www.manchester2002-uk.com/ten-towns.html

The Ten Boroughs of Greater Manchester

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The City of Manchester viewed from the south

Aerial Photograph Image Courtesy of www.webbaviation.co.uk © 2005

CLICK ON IMAGE TO ENLARGE

Bolton

Bury

Manchester

Oldham

Rochdale

Salford

Stockport

Tameside

Trafford

Wigan

See also:

Suburban Districts of Manchester

Gazetteer of Districts of Greater Manchester

The County of Lancashire

The County of Cheshire

Lancashire Towns & Townships

Edited by Corporal_Jones

Guest oa_exile

I have reason to believe that Martin Buchan was not born in Greater Manchester .............

........ and that is my final word on it Willie :lol:

Guest oa_exile
Next week: for the benefit of the OWTB Ferney Squad, Corporal_Jones presents: What day it is.

Corp can you be a bit more precise , what day will that actually be on ?

BTW I will be around all next week as well :lol:

Will this suffice?

Columbia Encyclopedia: Greater Manchester,

former metropolitan county, 497 sq mi (1,288 sq km), W central England. It comprised ten administrative districts: Bolton, Bury, Manchester, Oldham, Rochdale, Salford, Stockport, Tameside, Trafford, and Wigan. The county, which was created in the 1974 local government reorganization, was abolished in 1986, and the districts became responsible for all services except police, fire, and civil defense, which are supervised jointly.

http://www.answers.com/topic/greater-manchester?cat=travel

That's what I said in the first place.

You'll also notice from the words in tangerine that the area is not in the North West - it's in West Central England i.e., the Midlands, but that opens another can of worms. :grin:

This one? I do wish you didn't make me do all the work for you.

http://www.manchester2002-uk.com/ten-towns.html

The Ten Boroughs of Greater Manchester

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The City of Manchester viewed from the south

Aerial Photograph Image Courtesy of www.webbaviation.co.uk © 2005

CLICK ON IMAGE TO ENLARGE

Bolton

Bury

Manchester

Oldham

Rochdale

Salford

Stockport

Tameside

Trafford

Wigan

See also:

Suburban Districts of Manchester

Gazetteer of Districts of Greater Manchester

The County of Lancashire

The County of Cheshire

Lancashire Towns & Townships

Firstly, the whole point of the thread is pointless. "Who else has played for the 2 top teams in Manchester", and, "And before you start, I know Oldham is not in Manchester". So, the list of players is pointless as we are not part of manchester.

Secondly, its states "Manchester" and NOT "Greater Manchester". I for one dont like the idea of being part of Greater Manchester, but have to accept it either way. But simply, Greater Manchester and Manchester are not the same. See the above list. Manchester is part of Greater Manchester, and apparently Oldham is also part of Greater Manchester. Nowhere does it say that Oldham is, or has ever been or will ever be, part of Manchester.

We are not part of Manchester and we are not Mancunian. Whether or not Greater Manchester exists, Oldham (and Manchester for that matter) is part of Lancashire (la la la).

Edited by dave_ragg1984

Firstly, the whole point of the thread is pointless. "Who else has played for the 2 top teams in Manchester", and, "And before you start, I know Oldham is not in Manchester". So, the list of players is pointless as we are not part of manchester.

Secondly, its states "Manchester" and NOT "Greater Manchester". I for one dont like the idea of being part of Greater Manchester, but have to accept it either way. But simply, Greater Manchester and Manchester are not the same. See the above list. Manchester is part of Greater Manchester, and apparently Oldham is also part of Greater Manchester. Nowhere does it say that Oldham is, or has ever been or will ever be, part of Manchester.

We are not part of Manchester and we are not Mancunian. Whether or not Greater Manchester exists, Oldham (and Manchester for that matter) is part of Lancashire (la la la).

can't be bothered !

Edited by toasits

Guest oa_exile
There are times I wonder whether I'm really part of the internet.

Which part of the Internet ? the GM or Lancs part ? ............ come on make yer mind up :lol: