Up to 68, regretably not all with Athletic.

Anyone done the full 92 ? If so how many games involving the Latics ?

87 all with Latics. I missed Accrington last season. Still need Aldershot, Dagenham, Barnet and Morecombe.

Mind you I've done probably 100 if you count all those not ipresently n the league e.g. Barrow, workington, Southport, Halifax, Cambridge, Rushden etc etc That's the problem with being old

I know a few on here along with myself have done into the 80's but I must admitt thats not all with Latics and some of them are no longer either a league club or the new stadium the team plays at .

On a popular social website I notched up over 156 grounds that I have watched a game at around the world ! Hoping to make it 160 by xmas :grin:

mapzw4.png

87 all with Latics. I missed Accrington last season. Still need Aldershot, Dagenham, Barnet and Morecombe.

Mind you I've done probably 100 if you count all those not ipresently n the league e.g. Barrow, workington, Southport, Halifax, Cambridge, Rushden etc etc That's the problem with being old

88 with Tics, done Accy but missing those other 4.

I'm intrigued, an old latics fan in Milnrow, do I know you?

I hope you're not Taylors Dad!

KtF,

Derek.

Oops! back to 87, not done Hereford either.

Edited by DerekWilson_1968

Guest M_OAFC

I always find that different people have different rules for what counts and what doesn't with this.

Just had a count up and I could be anything from 61 to 71 depending on what rules you use.

Does it count if you saw Latics play at that club's home ground but they've since moved to a new stadium on a different site?

Does it count if you were a neutral at the game?

Does it count if it was an England game?

Does it count if it was Latics but it was only a friendly?

Does it count if it was Latics but only the reserves/youths?

Does it count if it was a rugby match?

To me the true meaning of the 92 club is that it's not just about the fact you've been to all those grounds, it's the fact that you've been to them in the course of supporting your club in competitive 1st team games that gives it it's true meaning so on that basis I personally don't count friendlies, reserve/youth games, England games, rugby games, games I was a neutral at etc etc.

The only slightly blurry line for me is the old ground new ground thing. My attitude to that is that there are 2 categories of 92 club.

If you've been to all 92 clubs to follow your 1st team in a competitive game then as far as I'm concerned you're well worthy of membership of the standard 92 club but not the advanced super dooper elite premier 92 club reserved exclusively for those that can still claim to have done the above even if you only count current grounds.

If my rules were to apply then at the present time I would imagine it is impossible for anybody to be a member of the advanced super dooper elite premier 92 club.

I reckon that the standard 92 club would be pretty small in number as well under my rules. For example, there can't be too many people that have seen their 1st team play a competitive game away to Arsenal, Oldham Athletic and Dagenham and Redbridge. I reckon a die hard Bradford fan is your best bet. There can't be many of the 92 they haven't played away to in the last 7 or so years, and what few there are I'll bet they've played within living memory.

These days of course the most difficult obstacle to achieving membership is the promotion/relegation that now takes place between League Two and the Blue Square Premier meaning that the make-up of the 92 constantly changes. Because of that I can no longer add the likes of Cambridge, Oxford, York etc to my tally.

According to my rules I'm currently on 65 for the standard and 61 for the advanced super dooper elite premier although I'm hoping not to become a member of either in the near future as it would very probably require Latics to get relegated!

Edited by M_OAFC

If I include only current grounds I have recently dropped from 74 to 71, losing Wrexham, Mansfield and Colchester (assuming they've now moved grounds??). If you include old grounds my current total is 83.

All told I've seen Latics (first team, reserves, youth team) play on 119 different grounds and have watched football on 134 different grounds.

Surely having seen Latics first team play in 91 none-Oldham sides' grounds qualifies? Screw rugby and the like, but for me that has to be it. Otherwise it would be like giving a lifetime achievement award to an actor but taking it back because his mate of the same age made a few more films. It still leaves those award winners with the option to pursue their own targets. Personally, I doubt I am half way. Never went away as a kid and couldn't afford to get to that many until the last few years :bigcry: :bigcry:

Been To...

Manchester United - Super Sean's Screamer

Arsenal - Sharpy's Free Kick

Chelsea - Won 1-0 I think.

Liverpool - Seem to recall being 1-0 up with about 2 mins remaining, and still lost.

Everton - This Season

Villa - Went when Rick Holden scored a free kick.

Blackburn - Cup when we lost 2-0

Man City - Almost every week, when it doesnt clash with Latics.

West Ham - Carlooooo

Spurs - Battered 5-0

Newcastle - In the cup, battered them. Lost 1-0 to a pen.

Wigan - Numerous Times.

Bolton - Went to Burnden watching Latics, been to Reebok for Bolton v Liverpool on 02, Ivan Campo's debut.

Reading - 5-0. What a waste of petrol.

Derby - The 2-1 cup game.

West Brom - Drew 1-1. I think Barlow headed for us.

Stoke - Lots of times, including when G Kelly won the shootout for us.

Hull - Went to Boothery when we beat them in the cup, Sheridan outstanding free kick. Went to KC for lethargic 2-0 defeat.

Bristol C - 5-1 on a Tuesday. Talbot last game.

Wolves - Cup last year and a few years back Ormonroyd scored in a 1-0 win.

Sheff Utd - Drew 2 each. Rickers bagged a peach.

Plymouth - Dave Beharall brace.

Cardiff - Cup game when we are a division higher than them. Lost 1-0.

Burnley - Twice. Drew 0-0 and lost 3-0.

QPR - Playoffs.

PNE - Three times in two weeks.

Sheff Wed - Antoine Curier screamer.

Norwich - On a Wed night, about 95. Gunnar put us 1 up, we lost 2-1.

Barnsley - Been about 5 times, most recent was the 4-0 defeat.

Scunthorpe - Twice, last time G Mac's last gasp goal.

Col U - Far too many times.

Also......

Forest

Swans

Donny

Leeds

Carlisle

Southend

Brighton

Norhtampton

Tranmere

Huddersfield

Walsall

Swindon

Orient

Hartlepool

Yeovil

Cheltenham

Crewe

Bournemouth

Vale

Luton

Mk

Posh

Stockport

Dale

Wycombe

Chesterfield

Rotherham

Bradford

Bury

Brentford

Lincoln

Grimsby

Stanley

Macc

Notts County

Mansfield

Wrexham

I think that makes around 70. Not counted them though. Not bad for a 19 year old that.

Besides all the old ground/new ground nonsense, I think any ground counts meself. I mean I've been to Roker Park many times but as Latics haven't playd at the new ground yet I can do the 2. Conversely I've been to Old and New Dens. Its visiting the "away" team wherever they play watching Latics innit?

A more thorny issue is that it depends if you count the Dongs as being part of the 92 Club, for me it should be a 91 club but as the pathetic franchise seems to be continually and sickeningly assimilated into the Football League via the increasingly fawning media I guess they are in. pah!

Anyway 83 out of the current set up done with Chester Hereford Darlington Barnet Dagenham Aldershot Yeovil Orient and grrrrrrr Franchise to do

Like somebody else said supporting for a while means I could get to 88 if I count Cambridge Torquay Oxford York and Halifax.

Also seen Latics first team play at Bath Dorchester Stirling Hednesford and Stalybridge there maybe more but I already wasted too much time working this lot out in me head.

Edited by StipeTripe

Guest oa_exile

Should have done the pre-season friendlies then :wink: part timer :grin:

Should have done the pre-season friendlies then :wink: part timer :grin:

I think you could have added Halifax to your highlighted clubs there - I'm pretty sure my visit to the Shay was a pre-season friendly, probably late 1980s.

If I include only current grounds I have recently dropped from 74 to 71, losing Wrexham, Mansfield and Colchester (assuming they've now moved grounds??).

Blimey - they are dropping like flies now. Down to 70 if Rotherham move to Don Valley.

me personally think is now around 80 give or take one or two at the most that is watching tics - been to most of the grounds old and new where teams have moved. actually grounds well over 130+

i think my good buddy harrydowdsgreenshirt is on 90 of the current league grounds watching tics and well over 100 in doing so

dont think it counts unless see theboys play.

Edited by neiladamsheadband

I count it as clubs visited rather than grounds, and to be honest I think I'd count it if I'd seen any football but not Latics but I don't think there are any that I have watched neutral games but not seen a Latics game.

As for number I think last count was 75. But Wrexham and Mansfield mean I am down to 73.

GROUNDS VISITED WATCHING LATICS,IT'S ALWAYS BEEN AN AMBITION TO WATCH

THEM ON EVERY GROUND, BUT UNLESS FRANCHISE GET RELEGATED OUT OF LEAGUE

I'LL NEVER SUCCEED

MANURE YES

CHELSEA YES

ARSENAL HIGHBURY - YES EMERATES STADIUM - NO

LIVERPOOL YES

EVERTON YES

ASTON VILLA YES

BLACKBURN YES

PORTSMOUTH YES

MAN. CITY MAINE RD. - YES EASTLANDS STADIUM - NO

WEST HAM YES

TOTTENHAM YES

NEWCASTLE YES

MIDDLESBRO' AYRESOME PARK - YES RIVERSIDE STADIUM - NO

WIGAN YES

SUNDERLAND ROKER PARK -YES STADIUM OF LIGHT - NO

BOLTON BURNDEN PARK - YES REEBOK STADIUM - NO

FULHAM YES

READING ELM PARK - YES MADEJSKI STADIUM - NO

BIRMINGHAM YES

DERBY PRIDE PARK - YES

WEST BROM YES

STOKE VICTORIA STADIUM - YES BRITTANIA STADIUM - YES

HULL CITY BOOTHFERRY STADIUM - YES K.C.STADIUM - YES

BRISTOL CITY YES

CRYSTAL PALACE YES

WATFORD YES

WOLVERHAMPTON YES

IPSWICH YES

SHEFF. UTD. YES

PLYMOUTH YES

CHARLTON YES

CARDIFF YES

BURNLEY YES

Q.P.R. YES

PRESTON YES

SHEFF. WED. YES

NORWICH YES

BARNSLEY YES

BLACKPOOL YES

SOUTHAMPTON YES

COVENTRY HIGHFIELD RD. - YES RICOH ARENA - NO

LEICESTER FILBERT STREET - YES WALKERS STADIUM - NO

SCUNTHORPE SCUNTHORPE - YES

COLCHESTER

SWANSEA VEX FIELD RD. - YES LIBERTY STADIUM - YES

NOTTS. FOREST YES

DONCASTER BELLE VUE -YES KEEPMOAT STADIUM - YES

CARLISLE YES

LEEDS YES

SOUTHEND YES

BRIGHTON YES

OLDHAM IS THE POPE CATHOLIC

NORTHAMPTON THE COUNTY GROUND - YES SIXFIELDS STADIUM - YES

HUDDERSFIELD LEEDS RD. - YES THE GALPHARM STADIUM - YES

TRANMERE YES

WALSALL YES

SWINDON YES

LEYTON ORIENT YES

HARTLEPOOL YES

BRISTOL ROVERS EASTVILLE STADIUM - YES THE MEMORIAL STADIUM - YES

MILLWALL THE OLD DEN - YES THE NEW DEN - YES

YEOVIL NO

CHELTENHAM YES

CREWE YES

BOURNEMOUTH YES

GILLINGHAM YES

PORT VALE YES

LUTON YES

MILTON KEYNES DONS NEVER

PETERBRO' YES

HEREFORD YES

STOCKPORT YES

ROCHDALE YES

DARLINGTON FEETHAMS - YES DARLINGTON ARENA - NO

WYCOMBE YES

CHESTERFIELD YES

ROTHERHAM YES

BRADFORD CITY YES

MORECAMBE NO

BARNET NO

BURY YES

BRENTFORD YES

LINCOLN CITY YES

GRIMSBY YES

ACCRINGTON STANLEY YES

SHREWSBURY YES

MACCLESFIELD YES

DAG. & RED. NO

NOTTS. COUNTY YES

CHESTER CITY YES

MANSFIELD YES

WREXHAM YES

ALDERSHOT YES

CAMBRIDGE UNITED YES

TORQUAY YES

EXETER YES

OXFORD UTD. YES

YORK YES

HALIFAX YES

SOUTHPORT YES

BARROW YES

WORKINGTON YES

NEWPORT COUNTY YES

SCARBRO'. YES

CHASETOWN YES

WIMBLEDON YES

BRADFORD PARK AVENUE YES

MORTON ANGLO SCOTTISH YES

SUB TOTAL 108 SUB TOTAL 17

TOTAL 125

VISITED 111

NOT VISITED 14

GROUNDS VISITED WATCHING LATICS,IT'S ALWAYS BEEN AN AMBITION TO WATCH

THEM ON EVERY GROUND, BUT UNLESS FRANCHISE GET RELEGATED OUT OF LEAGUE

I'LL NEVER SUCCEED

SUB TOTAL 108 SUB TOTAL 17

TOTAL 125

VISITED 111

NOT VISITED 14

Bloody respect to you mate !

When was the last time we played Bradford Park Avenue ? Also what memories of Morton do you have ? Did you also travel to St Mirren ?

Up to 68, regretably not all with Athletic.

Anyone done the full 92 ? If so how many games involving the Latics ?

Bit of a curve ball but i'm sure it should be 93,Wembley included................................94 if you include both Wembleys!!

Bloody respect to you mate !

When was the last time we played Bradford Park Avenue ? Also what memories of Morton do you have ? Did you also travel to St Mirren ?

Extra respect for not putting money in Franchise's pockets, despite clearly being a bit of a groundhopper. Unfortunately I succumbed to the lure of a new ground and went to the hockey stadium - not proud of it but I did. I won't be going to the new ground. Colchester and Hereford will be my two new grounds next season.

I've been in the boardroom at Morton but it's not counted in my total figure as I've never seen a match there.