MK Dongs away 14th MArch

AFC Wimbledon are already up to the Blue Square South! :)

I'm going to pretend MK Dons don't exist all season on a League One forum I post on, don't give them the attention they crave...

But do they have any fans on that League One forum you post on? ;)

Awaiting to see where Wimbledon are that day...

Not so sure about that idea now - 3 points at MK on 14th March will more than likely clinch us the title - principles may have to be put on the back burner for that :wink:

Not so sure about that idea now - 3 points at MK on 14th March will more than likely clinch us the title - principles may have to be put on the back burner for that :wink:

Plus I thought that in return for MK Dons sending back the Wimbledon trophies to AFCW, and the inclusion of MK Dons Supporters Club as part of the FSF now, that football fans were not being discouraged from going to MkDonalds anymore.

Each to their own. I'll be going (but then again I went to the last ground*).

*As a protest I turned up late and drunk and missed our goal and remember very little. Take that Winkleman.

Plus I thought that in return for MK Dons sending back the Wimbledon trophies to AFCW, and the inclusion of MK Dons Supporters Club as part of the FSF now, that football fans were not being discouraged from going to MkDonalds anymore.

Each to their own. I'll be going (but then again I went to the last ground*).

*As a protest I turned up late and drunk and missed our goal and remember very little. Take that Winkleman.

I also went to the old one, also drunk (bit of a theme here OS???), having had my sandwiches outside the ground (which I also pissed on). I can't entirely rule out a change of heart but I my feeling now is that I don't want to go to the new one. Fair enough for them sending the trophies back, but by the same logic shouldn't they volunteer to be demoted about 7 divisions? I didn't know you were able to enter the Football League in the 3rd division.

Plus I thought that in return for MK Dons sending back the Wimbledon trophies to AFCW

Trophies have gone back to the London Borough of Merton, which covers Wimbledon, not to AFC Wimbledon, which now plays in Kingston-on-Thames. While MK Dons have agreed not to claim they are successors to the now defunct Wimbledon FC, they have never acknowledged the current AFCW to be so, spiritually or otherwise.

So the verdict of the footballing world (the supporters) on MK Dons remains open.

Trophies have gone back to the London Borough of Merton, which covers Wimbledon, not to AFC Wimbledon, which now plays in Kingston-on-Thames. While MK Dons have agreed not to claim they are successors to the now defunct Wimbledon FC, they have never acknowledged the current AFCW to be so, spiritually or otherwise.

So the verdict of the footballing world (the supporters) on MK Dons remains open.

To be fair though, if they have sent back the trophies and do not claim to be the successors of Wimbledon then whether they acknowledge AFCW to be is about as relevant as Oldham acknowledging it. I'd say that decision rests with Merton Borough.

As for them cheating their way into Division 3, that is a different matter, which doesn't rest easy at all. But easy enough for me to get aled up and go there.

As much as I hate the Franchise and all they represent, wherever Oldham are, I will follow them. The whole fiasco is not entirely Winkleman's fault...the long and short of it is that The FA, despite pleas from all around the country (not just Dons fans), didn't stop it from happening when it was clear what was going on. In my view, they're more to blame than Winkleman.

Latics are palying I'll be there .......... without flags though as the stewards there ask to see a fire Cert before you can put them up!!!!

No smoking in the stadiums and seeing as its brand new ....... yeh plenty of risk of fires happening :mad:

The main problem I have with MK Dons is that they don't have a proper set of fans. There aren't families with generations of fans like proper clubs.

They only get decent crowds because they give out free tickets like they're going out of fashion. And if you go, you'll notice lots of Arsenal, Chelsea, Man U hats and shirts.

MK Dons are a club with no history, no identity, and no soul.

The main problem I have with MK Dons is that they don't have a proper set of fans. There aren't families with generations of fans like proper clubs.

They only get decent crowds because they give out free tickets like they're going out of fashion. And if you go, you'll notice lots of Arsenal, Chelsea, Man U hats and shirts.

MK Dons are a club with no history, no identity, and no soul.

Interestingly, what would people prefer. A Milton Keynes resident who supported Milton Dongles, or a MK resident who supported Manure, Liverpool, Arse or Chelski?

Interestingly, what would people prefer. A Milton Keynes resident who supported Milton Dongles, or a MK resident who supported Manure, Liverpool, Arse or Chelski?

The latter. Most of the ones at the ground now will have professed in the past to support Chelsea, Spurs etc, but changed their mind for the sake of convenience. However wrong the club you support or your reasons for supporting them are, changing club for any reason whatsoever once you reach adulthood is the greatest of all possible crimes, and anyone guilty of it should be driven out into the wilderness to die like a dog.

As for them cheating their way into Division 3, that is a different matter, which doesn't rest easy at all. But easy enough for me to get aled up and go there.

When Winkelman moved Wimbledon FC to Milton Keynes at the end of the 2001-2 season, the FA authorised the move and allowed them to continue in Division 1 (now the Championship). At the end of the next season, when the club was relegated to what is now the League 1, Winkelman changed the name to MK Dons. That's even greater crime than what is effectively a new club being allowed to start in League 2.