My Views of tonight.

Crossley - had nothing to do really .

Eardley- Solid game never got troubled

Hazell- Again solid first half subbed second

Gregan- Absolute nightmare moment for their goal and showing you get punished off the higher league strikers. After that won everything.

Taylor- fish out of water at left back had Gregan in his ear for most of the first half, Second half, better on the left then great on the right

Allot- Good game typical Allot

Whittaker- Impressed me good half

Liddell- Hate to say it but looks like he's lost all his pace and movement

Delmar Phillips-........... SIGN HIM UP!! We all knew hes tricky and fast but he's strong and put in 3 solid challenges and played some neat passes shame to only see him for a half

O grady- Very impressed, big tall pacey

Davies- Awesome game, covered alot of the pitch, Looked tired at the end and abit fed up of Taylors lack of passing

Fleming- Untroubled

Lomax- Good game

Stam- Looked good

Smalley- Looked fast and tricky

Maher- Looked a model pro never lost it but didnt see much else

Stephens- Mini Stevie G looks a good prospect

Hughes- IMO he looked abit unfit and he looked abit uneasy running but still his physical self

All in all good first half, things were abit quieter in the second and we came tired at the end but its too be expected, I thought Taylor didnt want to pass to Davies at the end lets hope they start communicating.

A good run out and nice to see all the players !!

Im really looking forward to the season!!!

KTF!!!!!

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep, I agree with 100% of that. Hardest job is now deciding on a team and then style of play.

TAYLOR HAS TO START THE SEASON ON THE RIGHT!!!!!

we got more crosses in the last 15 minutes off him than i saw for most of last season. those who say he is better on the left are havin a giraffe. He wants to play there, he is better there, so dont let Andy Liddell stand in his way

Crossley - had nothing to do really .

Hazell- Again solid first half subbed second

Gregan- Absolute nightmare moment for their goal and showing you get punished off the higher league strikers. After that won everything.

Taylor- fish out of water at left back had Gregan in his ear for most of the first half, Second half, better on the left then great on the right

Allot- Good game typical Allot

Whittaker- Impressed me good half

Liddell- Hate to say it but looks like he's lost all his pace and movement

Delmar Phillips-........... SIGN HIM UP!! We all knew hes tricky and fast but he's strong and put in 3 solid challenges and played some neat passes shame to only see him for a half

O grady- Very impressed, big tall pacey

Davies- Awesome game, covered alot of the pitch, Looked tired at the end and abit fed up of Taylors lack of passing

Fleming- Untroubled

Lomax- Good game

Stam- Looked good

Smalley- Looked fast and tricky

Maher- Looked a model pro never lost it but didnt see much else

Stephens- Mini Stevie G looks a good prospect

Hughes- IMO he looked abit unfit and he looked abit uneasy running but still his physical self

All in all good first half, things were abit quieter in the second and we came tired at the end but its too be expected, I thought Taylor didnt want to pass to Davies at the end lets hope they start communicating.

A good run out and nice to see all the players !!

Im really looking forward to the season!!!

KTF!!!!!

also agree, spot on review of everyone tonight. v impressed with the Davies/Grady combo in first half, the whole team looked sharpe

we got more crosses in the last 15 minutes off him than i saw for most of last season. those who say he is better on the left are havin a giraffe. He wants to play there, he is better there, so dont let Andy Liddell stand in his way

i saw alot of pace in this team. Ogrady looks very good and i think he could have a very good understandin with davies, honestly right them 2 looked good together and hughes will have to be on top form this season.

with them 2 upfront and a choice of smalley taylor phillips on the wings were goin to have bags of pace in the team and i can see them troublin alot of defences this season.

speakin of defences. im not happy. eardley gregan/thompson stam/hazell lomax

im sorry it just looks too slow. thats my only worry.

Best players tonight IMO

O'Grady

Hazell

Phillips

Smalley

Poorer performances tonight IMO

Lidds

Stam

Taylor (except when he was on the right)

I was probably the most impressed with O'Grady he was 10x times the player i expected upon his performance tonight, a strong and composed player...

You can never really read too much into these friendly games but i was quite impressed with Ogrady,decent feet for a big man.

I wouldn't mind seeing Shez experiment with Davies pushed out to the right(yes,at the expense of Taylor/Smalley)to pair Ogrady with Hughes.

speakin of defences. im not happy. eardley gregan/thompson stam/hazell lomax

im sorry it just looks too slow. thats my only worry.

Lomax is very quick, Eardley isn't slow. Gregan and Hazell are big, hard and know what to do. It isn't all about pace.

Best players tonight IMO

O'Grady

Hazell

Phillips

Smalley

Poorer performances tonight IMO

Lidds

Stam

Taylor (except when he was on the right)

I was probably the most impressed with O'Grady he was 10x times the player i expected upon his performance tonight, a strong and composed player...

I thought Stam looked good, didnt do anything wrong. Taylor didnt look comfortable at left back, sooooo much better right wing than left wing or left back. lidds wasnt great

Lomax is very quick, Eardley isn't slow. Gregan and Hazell are big, hard and know what to do. It isn't all about pace.

am sorry right but gregan is very slow. it is about pace. get a high ball over and get somebody quick like parker/beckford/maynard will run him ragged. not havin a go but its true. he plays on a high line and its not good really

apart from the defence everything looks good its just the defence that worries me. nothin he can do though i suppose.

Their left mid in the 1st half gave him a right good run around and some of his long balls were all over the place. I wasn't too convinced IMO, never have been really. Would definitely cash in if possible.

am sorry right but gregan is very slow. it is about pace. get a high ball over and get somebody quick like parker/beckford/maynard will run him ragged. not havin a go but its true. he plays on a high line and its not good really

apart from the defence everything looks good its just the defence that worries me. nothin he can do though i suppose.

Anything in the air is food and drink for Gregan,admittedly he is not exactly jet heeled, but you forget he can read the game and at in the worst case scenario,a pacy forward would have to run around him,no mean feat that!! :grin:

yes its pre season BUT i thought we held our own against a very good championship team tonight. wasnt remotely troubled, and cant remember either crossley or fleming making a save. if gregan didnt slip (these things happen from time to time, be glad its pre season) we would have won that game.

yes they had players missing, but so did we in each half. defence coped really well i thought

Anything in the air is food and drink for Gregan,admittedly he is not exactly jet heeled, but you forget he can read the game and at in the worst case scenario,a pacy forward would have to run around him,no mean feat that!! :grin:

its a fact that a pacey forward seems to get the better of gregan. maynard and parker are the main expamples. i no am not on my own here. somebody must feel the same way as i do about gregan. too slow.

its a fact that a pacey forward seems to get the better of gregan. maynard and parker are the main expamples. i no am not on my own here. somebody must feel the same way as i do about gregan. too slow.

i agree he is slow, but as was shown tonight it doesnt hinder the back line.

Look on the bright side,he isn't going to come up against Davies! i would rather have Gregan in my team than any other central defender in league 1,every day of the week.

i used to really like gregan but i dunno now. tell you what. im gunna shut up about it until the season starts. then we will see.

Good man,you know it makes sense :D you want to concentrate on the problems we are going to cause the opposition,that should put a smile on your face!!

Positives

Hazel -as good as last year

Philips- almost sensational. We have got to get this guy

O'Grady - Have been told by Darlo and Bury fans that he is good and I wasn't disappointed. Strong in the air, quickish and passed the ball ok

Davies - worked hard and showed some good touches

Smalley - looks stronger and a bit quicker and more confident than last year. Will be good for the last 20.

Lomax - can do a decent job at LB

Allott - Allott

Negatives

Gregan - dropped a bollock and can be an arse sometimes

Left Back - Taylor bloody awful and basically left out for the wolves . Sort it Shez

Hughes - not fit

Whittaker - bypassed, expected him to look more involved

Phillips - said it before- if we don't agree the deal soon someone else will. he is class at this level and someone else will sign him up. Sort it Shez!

Maher - red boots? perleeeasee!

Meat and Potato pie in the Chaddy not as good as the Lookers version, Could be a long season.

Edited by astottie

Negatives

Whittaker - bypassed, expected him to look more involved

My thoughts exactly, isn't he supposed to be a Gary Mac replacement in the same mould. That's not what I saw; I thought the game passed him by. However, Stephens seemed to me to be all action, box to box, and very tidy with the ball.

Also thought Stam's first touch looked rusty in the extreme.

As for whoever said Eardley wasn't troubled, I think I was at a different game from them!