Starting Eleven

With Maher signing, do you think he'll come straight into the starting eleven? I'm still deliberating on our strongest line-up ........

GK - Crossley

LB - New Signing (or Lomax if unsigned)

CB - Hazell

CB - Gregan

RB - Eardley

LW - Phillips

CM - Whittaker

CM - Maher

RW - Taylor

CF - Davies

CF - Hughes

However, Stam or Lee who could come in a LB (Stam pushing Hazell in central defence maybe?) and I'm unsure whether Allott or Stephens to come into the CM slot instead of Maher. There's also O'Grady pushing Davies or Hughes for starting slot up front and will be a great sub.

Just goes to show the strength and depth when two of the above and also Thompson, Alessandra, Black, Smalley or Kalala may not even make the bench.

What's your choice asn to who will start against Milwall? It's a great dilemma to have now, especially when we were struggling last season.

allott is the first name on the team sheet for me, every time.

ive never heard of this maher before we showed an interest, so for me, he has to earn his place in there. from what i have seen of whittaker its allott and whittaker for me, in a midfield two

With Maher signing, do you think he'll come straight into the starting eleven? I'm still deliberating on our strongest line-up ........

GK - Crossley

LB - New Signing (or Lomax if unsigned)

CB - Hazell

CB - Gregan

RB - Eardley

LW - Phillips

CM - Whittaker

CM - Maher

RW - Taylor

CF - Davies

CF - Hughes

However, Stam or Lee who could come in a LB (Stam pushing Hazell in central defence maybe?) and I'm unsure whether Allott or Stephens to come into the CM slot instead of Maher. There's also O'Grady pushing Davies or Hughes for starting slot up front and will be a great sub.

Just goes to show the strength and depth when two of the above and also Thompson, Alessandra, Black, Smalley or Kalala may not even make the bench.

What's your choice asn to who will start against Milwall? It's a great dilemma to have now, especially when we were struggling last season.

We could put Taylor at LB and put Lids at RW

Its gunna be interesting.

Do you think someone will be sold? There are a lot of "first teamers" in there. Personally I think Allesandra needs to be in the mix up. He's in my 16 - sorry smalley.

As it stands (hoping we get a LB in though):

GK Crossley

RB Eardley

CB Gregan

CB Hazell

LB Lee

RW Taylor

CM Allott

CM Whitaker

LW Philips

CF Davies

CF Hughes

Bench:

Fleming

Stam

Maher

O'Grady

Alessandra

As it stands (hoping we get a LB in though):

GK Crossley

RB Eardley

CB Gregan

CB Hazell

LB Lee

RW Taylor

CM Allott

CM Whitaker

LW Philips

CF Davies

CF Hughes

Bench:

Fleming

Stam

Maher

O'Grady

Alessandra

Theres no way Maher is here to be a substitute - and I dont think Shez wants him to be either

Its gunna be interesting.

Do you think someone will be sold? There are a lot of "first teamers" in there. Personally I think Allesandra needs to be in the mix up. He's in my 16 - sorry smalley.

am sorry pal but smalley played good today play like that and hel be in my 16. hes a winger not a striker and adds something different lewis wont get a chance i dont think with us having ogrady hughes and davies. unless an injury pops up or suspension

I am suspecting that at least one of those in those line ups wont be here come the big kick off...... I think either eardly or Taylor will be sold and possibly one on loan (Alessandra or Smalley). I also think Lids will figure from the bench this season.

GK Crossley

RB Eardley

CB Gregan

CB Hazell

LB Lee

RW Taylor

CM Maher

CM Whitaker

LW Philips

CF Davies

CF Hughes

Bench:

Fleming

Allott

Stam

O'Grady

Alessandra

Think Flemming will be a good keeper but he does need some more games under his belt to gain confidence. From first impression he as lots of potentional.

From Lidds performance over the last 3 games, I cant see him being in the first team. He will be a good squad player and offer us options and some point in the season

I am suspecting that at least one of those in those line ups wont be here come the big kick off...... I think either eardly or Taylor will be sold and possibly one on loan (Alessandra or Smalley). I also think Lids will figure from the bench this season.

It won't be Taylor, Shez knows now that if Philips comes we'll have two good wingers and that's hard to come by (see last few seasons for evidence). Swansea had it last year and it worked pretty darn well...

Eardley may go, but it's far more likely that he'll ship out Kalala on loan (if he can't get him out permanently), Deano on loan, Wolfy on loan.

I hope so ... but there is a wage cap that says the wages can only be 60% of income .... I cant see maher having come on the cheap ... whittiker either. My heart says we should destroy all comers this season and romp it there is that much potential.... I think I have said before though ... we could possibly use a spare center half !!! :)

I hope so ... but there is a wage cap that says the wages can only be 60% of income .... I cant see maher having come on the cheap ... whittiker either. My heart says we should destroy all comers this season and romp it there is that much potential.... I think I have said before though ... we could possibly use a spare center half !!! :)

So we are playing 4-4-2 then :unsure:

It won't be Taylor, Shez knows now that if Philips comes we'll have two good wingers and that's hard to come by (see last few seasons for evidence). Swansea had it last year and it worked pretty darn well...

Eardley may go, but it's far more likely that he'll ship out Kalala on loan (if he can't get him out permanently), Deano on loan, Wolfy on loan.

I am convinced that Deano will not go out on loan - his season last season was a revelation and he will be an asset to us even if he is on the bench.

In fact, I think the bench this season will be a strong one and an important part of the team. We have a squad of some twenty four (I think) who are candidates for the first team.

The thirteen most likely Bench warmers: (a large bench needed!)

Fleming

Stam

Thompson

Lomax

Black

Stephens

Kalala

Lee

Hughes

Liddell

Smalley

Alessandra

Wolfenden

The most likely starting eleven:

Crossley

Eardley

Gregan

Hazell

Taylor

Whittaker

Phillips (please)

Maher

Allott

O'Grady

Davies

Only weakness is the absence of a genuine left back.. :unsure:

Edited by TheBigDog

Assuming we don't sign anyone else and i'm only going off the game last night for our new signings i'd go for

GK Crossley

RB Eardley

CB Gregan

CB Stam

LB Lomax

RW Lids/Smalley

CM Allott

CM Maher

LW Philips/Taylor

CF Davies

CF Hughes

Bench:

Fleming

Hazell

Lids/Smalley

O'Grady

Whitaker/Lee

I've gone for Davies and Hughes up front but i'm still not sure if they can forge a good partnership, Davies and O'Grady seemed to link up much better last night than when i've seen Davies and Hughes play up front together. At least we have a few decent players to choose from this season

I've gone for Davies and Hughes up front but i'm still not sure if they can forge a good partnership, Davies and O'Grady seemed to link up much better last night than when i've seen Davies and Hughes play up front together. At least we have a few decent players to choose from this season

Spot on Gemma, definitely compliment each other, whereas Davies and Hughes often played too far apart last season, especially at home.

My first choice 11 based on pre-season so far.

Crossley

Eardley

Gregan

Rubes

A N other/Lomax/Lee?????

Taylor

Allott

Stephens/Maher

Phillips/Deano

O'Grady

Davies

That's my starting 11, its up to the other guys to put pressure on them whilst those chosen to start have to keep hold of the shirts.

Edited by oafcprozac

I am convinced that Deano will not go out on loan - his season last season was a revelation and he will be an asset to us even if he is on the bench.

In fact, I think the bench this season will be a strong one and an important part of the team. We have a squad of some twenty four (I think) who are candidates for the first team.

The thirteen most likely Bench warmers: (a large bench needed!)

Fleming

Stam

Thompson

Lomax

Black

Stephens

Kalala

Lee

Hughes

Liddell

Smalley

Alessandra

Wolfenden

The most likely starting eleven:

Crossley

Eardley

Gregan

Hazell

Taylor

Whittaker

Phillips (please)

Maher

Allott

O'Grady

Davies

Only weakness is the absence of a genuine left back.. :unsure:

Paul Black is a genuine Left Back he maybe this seasons breakthrough player.

I tell you what though having looked at the squad list there it really looks strong. I am trying to keep my feet on the ground because even in my comparitively short (18 years) watching us we have had plenty of dissapointments and people have not lived upto expectations, but players could have their work cut out just to make the 16 this season.

IF Lids is a long way from a starting place I suspect he would be looking to move out at Christmas, he plans to play at whatever level he can until they drag him off to the old folks home so he won't want a season of inactivity to set him up for the next five years. For all the potential and promise there is still only Allott, Maher, Whitaker, Lids and Hughes from the whole squad in front of the defence who could be called experienced. There's no way we'll be going with seven 23 year olds playing midfield and attack, Sheridan wants experience throughout the team.

It won't be Taylor, Shez knows now that if Philips comes we'll have two good wingers and that's hard to come by

Very True ! Any team with two good wingers at this level will do well. Last season once Taylor became a "known quantity" it was easy for the opposition to man mark or "double team" him out of the game BUT no defence can afford to do that IF they have a similar threat on the opposite wing - it would just spread the central defense too thin.