Lucky as f**k

Simple as.

Eardley got ragged all game off Rundle, constantly balls outwide and still Eard's couldnt figure it out he needed to close him down - for f**k sake, he's only got a left peg, I could of told him that before the game. Allott got raped by Jonesy in centre mid. Davies.......where to begin??

First half we played well. Looked comfortable up until Davies decides he wants to headbutt Stanton infront of the ref. No need for it whatsoever and hope he's dropped next game before his suspension. 2nd half and extra time, dale bossed and looked the only side like scoring. The hoof football is not on. Ten men or not, whats the point? It didnt work 2nd half - why try it all extra time?? aimless long balls up to no one. You may as well of just got Crossley to kick it to Russell in the dale goal as it was coming straight back every time.

Painful. Really painful to watch. Especially the penalties. We got out of jail saturday. We got out of jail tonight. Play like that at Leeds and we'll get battered.

Luckily I can hold my head up high and have bragging rights over the result - though dale fans will say we didnt deserve it and i'd be a liar if I disagreed. Cracking following from Latics. Davies. Sort yourself out!!!!

Edited by Rocky_Latic

Simple as.

Eardley got ragged all game off Rundle, constantly balls outwide and still Eard's couldnt figure it out he needed to close him down - for f**k sake, he's only got a left peg, I could of told him that before the game. Allott got raped by Jonesy in centre mid. Davies.......where to begin??

First half we played well. Looked comfortable up until Davies decides he wants to headbutt Stanton infront of the ref. No need for it whatsoever and hope he's dropped next game before his suspension. 2nd half and extra time, dale bossed and looked the only side like scoring. The hoof football is not on. Ten men or not, whats the point? It didnt work 2nd half - why try it all extra time?? aimless long balls up to no one. You may as well of just got Crossley to kick it to Russell in the dale goal as it was coming straight back every time.

Painful. Really painful to watch. Especially the penalties. We got out of jail saturday. We got out of jail tonight. Play like that at Leeds and we'll get battered.

Luckily I can hold my head up high and have bragging rights over the result - though dale fans will say we didnt deserve it and i'd be a liar if I disagreed. Cracking following from Latics!!

Davies .... pfft wont waste my breath tbh.

Agree about Allott ... lost alot of possession, thought Greegs got better as the game went on, surprisingly .. thought he may fade away.

BTW, good to kinda meet you Rocky .. was with Gino in the Litten ..

Guest sheridans_world

I dont agree.

Davies, was just Davies... three games suspension now? Conceded that in the second match of the season.... Idiot.

We defended brilliantly, bringing Stam on and pushing Eardley up field (he did have a bit of a shocker) was a good decision by Shez. IMO from that minute we were playing for penalties, we effectivley had 5 defenders on the pitch (including super chrissy). It was a bad game to watch but the players did what was needed, they shut up shop.

Also, word on the fitness, you could tell Rochdale were tiring around the 100th minute, we had been playing with ten men for nearly an hour by that point and we could have carried on stopping them all day from then on. Good work on the fitness there.

Tonight was shocking our defending again 2nd half was a lot better put Hazell and Stam at centre back. As soon as Stam it changed defensively but we could find the net ethier. I would put Alexandra and Hughes up front. If they play like that it will be something like there result Chester.

Same stuff over and over from us. Not working Latics, maybe try something different? Nah!

Davies. Sort your head out.

Thought we kept them at bay most of the time considering we had ten men. Hope the extra 30 minutes doesn't hurt us come Saturday.

Edited by RoytonBlueLad

Some of the stuff on here is abit disapointing.

The lads out there deserve a medal. They worked their socks off with ten men and held on to win it on pens.

God knows why Davied did that, i was soo mad at him. Im sure he will get enough stick off they lads he made do extra work.

Why didnt we name 7 subs??? Where were Mayhe and Lomax. Dont agree with what we started with or playing Hazel at RB but he tried different things and it didnt really work. missed taylor on the wing.

Surley Stam must start against Leeds and have Taylor on the wing.

Was very impressed with Smalley, although he still has room for improvement he looks a real prospect.

Rocky, you say you didnt understand the long ball and it didnt work.

Im sure Shez knew it was unlikely to grab us a goal but what it did do it prevent them from penetrating us. We forced sideways or backwards passes most of the time and did the job i beleive Shez wanted them to do.

Im sure Shez knew it was unlikely to grab us a goal but what it did do it prevent them from penetrating us. We forced sideways or backwards passes most of the time and did the job i beleive Shez wanted them to do.

I didnt understand the long ball because it gave dale possesion and constantly meant we were required to defend again. Keep football was what we should of done. Hence the sarcastic cheering when we finally strung 3 passes together.

We were lucky dale didnt have a killer instinct in the final third. Otherwise we wouldnt be in round two. They went for it when they took Rundle off for Thorpe and had 3 strikers on the pitch. I'm happy we went through and the lads who finished did play well. There was some bad performances amongst them though and it can hardly be classed as a good day at the office. We were fortunate. Very very fortunate. I hope Davies gets put in the office first thing tomorrow and told he's fined two weeks wages. Maybe someone should of told him what this game meant to some people.

Smaller one of the two ... black coat on.

I know now. There was loads off here in the Litten Tree earlier. Would of been more if they didnt stop letting people in "because of the atmosphere" :lol:

Simple as.

Luckily I can hold my head up high and have bragging rights over the result - though dale fans will say we didnt deserve it and i'd be a liar if I disagreed. Cracking following from Latics. Davies. Sort yourself out!!!!

THey couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo. Not lucky, they were just poor at finishing. We made them pay with some very good penalties.

Thought Crossley made a couple of important, notable saves (1st half he tipped one around the post, 2nd half tipped one just over the bar and another he parried away to safety). Agree totally about Allott...very, very poor tonight. Offered no support at all to the defence. Gregan did one good thing then one awdul thing, then one good thing etc. Eardley was better once moved from RB to the middle, mainly as he wasn't giving possession away and the defence was steadier without him. Sad that we hoofed it, but good that we held it together when we came under pressure.

To sum up....a game I felt we would win before the red card became a right scrap and a nightmare to watch thanks to Davies. Utterly disappointed in him tonight and I hope he gets a severe bollocking (I'm sure he will) behind closed doors. Let every single fan and fellow player down tonight!

Lucky as f*ck!??? Come on, we were on top first half easily, apart from dagnall slipping that was there only chance in the first half. Hughes scores the penalty and its game over we would have gone on to win 2/3 nil. But no we miss and we get a player sent off. To defend a game with 10 men for 75 minutes shows character and fitness! Last season we would have folded and lost!!

WELL DONE LATICS!!!!

Gregan did one good thing then one awdul thing, then one good thing etc.

the gap between the sublime and ridiculous was split seconds, you'd get halfway through praising him for something by the time he'd sliced it to one of their forwards

he recovered well in the second half

Edited by marhar

the gap between the sublime and ridiculous was split seconds, you'd get halfway through praising him for something by the time he'd sliced it to one of their forwards

he recovered well in the second half

Very true. Im a massive Greegs fan but some of his passing was nearly as bad as our singing! :wink:

He keeps doing the hard work, often with more than a touch of class, then makes a mess of the 'easy' bit!

I thought Shez showed some balls sticking with 2 up front 3 mid and back 4. Yes it gave Dale width, but it kept their defence on their toes.

TBH I found it a bit pointless as we just hoofed it up to them every time. Hughes and Lewis won their fair share of the headers but nothing was ever going to come of it, I actually think we could have had a go at them in extra time, they had thrown the kitchen sink at us and got nothing for it, if we'd kept the ball and got Taylor further forward and running at them more then we might have turned them over. I often think something more like a 3-4-3 is better with 10 men, it stops the other lot from using the spare man to build up from the back and getting their defenders pushing into the midfield. Still, we won...

I often think something more like a 3-4-3 is better with 10 men, it stops the other lot from using the spare man to build up from the back and getting their defenders pushing into the midfield. Still, we won...

Were you any good at maths at school, lees?

Edited by jsslatic

Were you any good at maths at school, lees?

Of course I was, got me A grades back when they meant something and you could leave your door open at night.. Crossley was clearly tired and too fat, we should have played with a fly keeper.

Or possibly I'm still drunk and meant 3-3-3.

Some of the stuff on here is abit disapointing.

The lads out there deserve a medal. They worked their socks off with ten men and held on to win it on pens.

God knows why Davied did that, i was soo mad at him. Im sure he will get enough stick off they lads he made do extra work.

Why didnt we name 7 subs??? Where were Mayhe and Lomax. Dont agree with what we started with or playing Hazel at RB but he tried different things and it didnt really work. missed taylor on the wing.

Surley Stam must start against Leeds and have Taylor on the wing.

Was very impressed with Smalley, although he still has room for improvement he looks a real prospect.

Maher was sat behind me in the stand about three rows behind, eatin a nice healthy pie and a bovril! :lol: