Craig Davies called up for Wales

Latics have withdrawn him from the squad as a punishment:

http://www.oldhamathletic.premiumtv.co.uk/...1366155,00.html

Good move, hopefully it will give him the kick up the ass he needs.

IF Davies does have the sucky sucky wingey attitude he appears to have on the field then this could be the beginning of the end for him.

I really hope he keep quiet get his head down and trains hard then show us what he can do when he next gets his chance.

IF Davies does have the sucky sucky wingey attitude he appears to have on the field then this could be the beginning of the end for him.

I really hope he keep quiet get his head down and trains hard then show us what he can do when he next gets his chance.

Good move by Shezza that, I bet Davies is seriously P***ED off now. Half a wage missing and withdrawn from your international duties ha ha.

imo - Odd decision by the club.

Thought theyd want the club being represented on the national scene.

Wonder if same thing would have happended had it been Crossley or Gregan who was sent off and they were in their national teams????

They're both far too experienced to do anything so stupid.

But, hypothetically, yes.

Wonder if same thing would have happended had it been Crossley or Gregan who was sent off and they were in their national teams????

Would Gregan and Crossley be stupid enough?

It's the only way he'll learn. Other method would be dock 2 weeks wages, any more would be too harsh.

With Davies, Shez must feel like he's dealing with a baby at times.

If depends on why they were sent off though ... if it was for the same thing then it wouldnt matter who the player was .. they would have been treated the same. IMO, this punishment will have more of an effect on Craig than a fine ... good decision IMO.

Guest oa_exile
Eardley has just been promoted to the full Wales squad because Davies has been pulled out. LOL

I can just picture it at training in the morning

Eardley : "Cheers Craig" ^_^

Edited by oa_exile

Justice. Eardley is more worthy of a call up.

We went watching them train on Monday and Davies missed a sitter, he sulked the rest of the session lol.

He's also been fined which serves him right stroppy sod.

If he hadnt have signed his extension and was still mullin over it i dont think the club would have done this but still, he needs to learn.

Edited by KYLEOAFC

We went watching them train on Monday and Davies missed a sitter, he sulked the rest of the session lol.

He's also been fined which serves him right stroppy sod.

If he hadnt have signed his extension and was still mullin over it i dont think the club would have done this but still, he needs to learn.

I suppose not but in light of him signing a new deal, I expect they'd want him to start acting a little more grown up as well. Just have to learn the hard way won't he.

Edited by RoytonBlueLad

As stupid as Craig was, im sure he's realised how much pressure he put the team under. He has been fined and dropped from the International team. I just hope after all the abuse he's got on here, from his team mates and from shez over the last couple of days, he doesn’t become the next latics fans boo boy, and gets the full support from the fans, after all, he's paid a hefty price for a moment of madness!

Come on Craig, come back stronger, and show us all the potential we all know you have!!

As stupid as Craig was, im sure he's realised how much pressure he put the team under. He has been fined and dropped from the International team. I just hope after all the abuse he's got on here, from his team mates and from shez over the last couple of days, he doesn’t become the next latics fans boo boy, and gets the full support from the fans, after all, he's paid a hefty price for a moment of madness!

Come on Craig, come back stronger, and show us all the potential we all know you have!!

Agreed, I'm glad he's been given a proper bollocking, if he had got off scott free then maybe you could see some wanting him to know what a tit he had been, but Shez has done it. It's for him now to come back a little bit wiser, no need for us rub it in.

I've got to admit that his treble whammy (suspension, fine and loss of an international cap) is suprisingly harsh but fair.

I think it sends the right message to the rest of the squad and the fans that the club have taken his sending off very seriously.

As far as I'm concerned this issue is over and Davies, when available for selection, should be given the full support of the coaching staff, players and fans.

At the end of the day, a fully focused Craig Davies has been, and could become again, an enormous asset to the club.

Maybe i am mis-reading but when did he sign a new contract ?

On the eve of 2008-9 campaign, I think.

Now that Eards has been called into the senior Wales squad (initially earmarked for under-21), it looks as though he has stepped into Davies' shoes - might put a strain on their friendship, I wonder?

On the eve of 2008-9 campaign, I think.

Now that Eards has been called into the senior Wales squad (initially earmarked for under-21), it looks as though he has stepped into Davies' shoes - might put a strain on their friendship, I wonder?

do you wonder, we all wonder? im confident in saying no.