Bloke jumped by Leeds "fans" in toilet

I would hate to be proved wrong on this one i really would but i think this whole thing is a load of John Gannan.

What amazes me is that during all the concern for the 'victim' (he was sat across the aisle from me), there was no hint of anyone showing outrage at what is alleged to have happened., or involving the stewards/police in anything other that assisting him. He appeared to be in distress and efforts were being made to help him, but I would have expected there to have been much remonstrating with stewards and police and threats of reprisals.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If anyone knows the name of the lad that was taken away by the First Aiders and stewards or has information regarding the situation can they please either PM me or email Alan Hardy at the club alan.hardy@oldhamathletic.co.uk

The club are now AWARE of the situation and would like to gather all the facts before speaking to any relevent parties.

The lad in question did seem in some distress and from the state of him I wouldn't have thought he would have been out last night.

If anyone knows the lads name or the girls name with blonde hair who was with him can they please let me know.

Guest oa_exile
If anyone knows the name of the lad that was taken away by the First Aiders and stewards or has information regarding the situation can they please either PM me or email Alan Hardy at the club alan.hardy@oldhamathletic.co.uk

The club are now AWARE of the situation and would like to gather all the facts before speaking to any relevent parties.

The lad in question did seem in some distress and from the state of him I wouldn't have thought he would have been out last night.

If anyone knows the lads name or the girls name with blonde hair who was with him can they please let me know.

I am not actually Sherlock Holmes ^_^ ( even though the ladies call me John Holmes :) ) BUT maybe AH or your goodself should PM Ryan ? :wink:

I saw him in Upsteps at 8 oclock that night.

Looked fine.

Ryan

I am not actually Sherlock Holmes ^_^ ( even though the ladies call me John Holmes :) ) BUT maybe AH or your goodself should PM Ryan ? :wink:

John Holmes ???? You not got that Virus have ya ?1981 :unsure::wink:

Its not the upstairs details the club wants, its the name of the fan and anyone who was with him .

I'm not saying Ryan is wrong, I just think it may have been a lad who looked like him as the state the fan was in, there was no way he was going out. He was full of sick and looked like he had seen a ghost he was that pale

If it was the case that this fan did get jumped by some Leeds idiots, the club need to get all their facts correct before anything can be reported

I couldnt possibly swear it was him. but my mate who I was with said it was him ( he was sat 2 seats down) said theres that guy who said he got filled in . and was with the same people who was with him at the match.

That is all I can provide:)

It seems strange that a few people remember seeing this Lad before the game looking ok and in no way drunk yet from what I saw he did seem very uneasy on his feet and worse for wear.

It maybe a case that if the lad did have an Head injury the concusion could make him seem "drunk" and would explain why he was sick.

Barry Owen is making enquires tomorrow with the club to see if they have any further details. The club have asked for any info has they think the safety of the fans is Paramount to anything else when following the club home or away.

I was sat in the lower tier and there was some genuine concern for the blokes health by some of the Leeds officials stood near me looking upwards - he was taking to someone over the radio and was requesting medical attention urgently plus addition security.

From what I could see of the individual he had no signs of a physical attack on his face/hands and did show all the signs of an extremely drunk / drugged person. Also the individual and the people with him made no attempt as far as I could see to attract the attention of the officials themselves - which would be very odd behaviour if he had been assaulted downstairs. Who, having been attacked by multiple assailants downstairs woudl return to their seat to watch the game without reporting it?

It appeared to be the officials that spotted him and acted (perhaps aided by the shouts of a Leeds fan who claimed he had seen him taking drugs - though given the away fans on Saturday, I'd take that with a pinch of salt).

I could be wrong - in which case I hope Oldham and Leeds work to find the individuals responsible - but it looked self inlficted, backed up by the behaviour of the individuals with him.

I was sat in the lower tier and there was some genuine concern for the blokes health by some of the Leeds officials stood near me looking upwards - he was taking to someone over the radio and was requesting medical attention urgently plus addition security.

From what I could see of the individual he had no signs of a physical attack on his face/hands and did show all the signs of an extremely drunk / drugged person. Also the individual and the people with him made no attempt as far as I could see to attract the attention of the officials themselves - which would be very odd behaviour if he had been assaulted downstairs. Who, having been attacked by multiple assailants downstairs woudl return to their seat to watch the game without reporting it?

It appeared to be the officials that spotted him and acted (perhaps aided by the shouts of a Leeds fan who claimed he had seen him taking drugs - though given the away fans on Saturday, I'd take that with a pinch of salt).

I could be wrong - in which case I hope Oldham and Leeds work to find the individuals responsible - but it looked self inlficted, backed up by the behaviour of the individuals with him.

I agree with you cracker, didnt look like he'd been beaten up to me

My brother and me thought the guy had had one too many lunch beers and actually found his lolling over quite funny. My girlfriend did later overhear the blond girl who was with him say that he had been beaten up but I assumed that was before the game. I hope the fella's alright but I wouldn't fancy relying on his mates in a time of need because it was the stewards who were concerned enough to get the club doctor.

There was definately Leeds fans underneath the Oldham stand at half time. One bloke was in his 30's and wearing a pick short-sleeve shirt. I was watching him for most of the first half in the Leeds end by the segregation offering Oldham fans out. I pointed him out to my mates and then even went up to him and asked him, but he said he was an Oldham fans so I just left it. Wish I pointed him out to the police now.

I have E-mailed Alan Hardy, who is going to look into it. Reading everyone else's posts, I must admit there are one or two points that do not seem to add up, but I think we will all agree that our safety at grounds is the main concern now. Also, regardless of how the lad was taken away, how he is - he is still a latics fan all said and done, one of our own.

Just to let everyone know - Barry Owen has been making some calls today on behalf of the club and fan in question and all seems to be ok .

In fact the fan was back at work today with no side effects of the incident.

It was the Stewards who called for the first aiders and the club doctor it seems, the people with the fan was unsure what had happened. The fan did say he was hit by some fans in the toilet area under the stand but this doesnt now seem the case !

The fan in question was rang at home today and all the info that was needed was given.

The club now believe that this matter is now closed and would like to thank all the fans for their help and concerns.

I have E-mailed Alan Hardy, who is going to look into it. Reading everyone else's posts, I must admit there are one or two points that do not seem to add up, but I think we will all agree that our safety at grounds is the main concern now. Also, regardless of how the lad was taken away, how he is - he is still a latics fan all said and done, one of our own.

Hi folks. Just to add my thanks to all who helped and those who have shown concern. Spoke to fan personally tonight and he is also thankful of concern shown.

Barry

Barry, so whats really happened here?

Lags nice to hear from you. Hope you are well. I would be typing for hours if I went into all the specific detail. There is a lot of uncertainty on what really occurred and there is a lot of confusion arisen. The lad himself cannot say they were Leeds fans involved and officials are convinced that their fans could not have got into the area involved. I am satisfied that I have done everything I can and I am just glad that the lad has not got any serious injuries. The fan was also involved with altercations outside the ground and by his own admission had plenty to drink prior to the game. I think he is a bit surprised the incident has received so much comment and I don't think I am doing him any favours by going into further detail.

Barry

reports are true!

the guy lives on my street and apparently all game he was running his finger across his neck to the leeds fans stewerds clocked him.

and let 5 leeds in and said dnt get him on his head

There were a couple of Leeds fans closest to the Latics fans that were clearly complaining to a steward that a Latics fan had been running his finger across his neck in a "I'll slit your throat" type gesture. The area they were pointing to was the area that the man was taken ill.

Even so, I still find it very hard to believe that the stewards let Leeds fans through with the sole purpose of attacking a specific Latics fan, who then just happened to be in the toilets at the same time.

Surely there is no reason why the stewards wouldn't have just thrown out any Latics fan who was making gestures.

If it did happen in this way then the likelihood is that the two Leeds fans I mentioned were involved - surely CCTV would identify them.

reports are true!

the guy lives on my street and apparently all game he was running his finger across his neck to the leeds fans stewerds clocked him.

and let 5 leeds in and said dnt get him on his head

The guy sat in front of me for most of the first half was doing the same, when he started refering to Turks the stewards had a few words. But don't think it was the same guy.