Worse dealine day transfer

Undoubtedly Robinho.

I am feeling a bit Guernica about it, because I can see quite a few floating fans going to have a look.

Hopefully our attendances won't drop, we are down to the hardcore anyway, but I fear there won't be as good an increase if we keep momentum at the top.

Now getting out of D&G mood, aside from the obvious drop the price, what do you think We should do to counteract a probable drift of fans to City games?

Edited by singe

Undoubtedly Robinho.

I am feeling a bit Guernica about it, because I can see quite a few floating fans going to have a look.

Hopefully our attendances won't drop, we are down to the hardcore anyway, but I fear there won't be as good an increase if we keep momentum at the top.

Now getting out of D&G mood, aside from the obvious drop the price, what do you think We should do to counteract a probable drift of fans to City games?

Score goals, win games, stay top of league....

People will go to the council house for the novelty, but it will soon wear off when he has his first strop and demands a transfer to clelsea... plus they will prob never play on a saturday afternoon again because of TV...

It is going to sod me off right royally if citeh become any good, however I can see them self-imploding again very soon...

Promotion ? Good Cup Run ?

Still Like We Saw Last Season 5,500 Go Everton Away Then Next Home Game Against Brighton I Think We Get A Overall Attendance Of 5,100 Or Something Stupid.

During Play Off Season We Had A Few decent Attendances. Everyone Is Thinking Its Just A Early Good Start It Will end Soon SO They Dont Come, But If We Are Doing Like We Are Around Chritsmas Time Then Fans Will Come Back.

HOPEFULLY

During Play Off Season We Had A Few decent Attendances. Everyone Is Thinking Its Just A Early Good Start It Will end Soon SO They Dont Come, But If We Are Doing Like We Are Around Chritsmas Time Then Fans Will Come Back.

Hurrah!

Our crowds will have sod all more to do with the big clubs around here than normal. Even if they fill both stadiums there are enough fans for our crowds to go up. Just takes success. Let us not mix up lapsed City fans with lapsed Latics.

I think it'd be funny as hell if City got good. Then again I hate United more than anyone, so therefore always side on the City side of that argument.

Undoubtedly Robinho.

Give them a pasting in the FA Cup!!!!!

Undoubtedly Robinho.

City has a membership card that costs £30 to join. Apart from some smaller matches (and Chelsea when they play them on Tuesday nights) you cannot buy tickets unless you have one. I think that will be enough to put off floating fans as many of them put price at the top of the list anyway.

I think the effects are going to be more long term. At the end of the day though its down to us to get into the Championship regardless of what City does, without that we are not going to attract anymore fans anyway.

Two years ago the council house was pretty much full every week anyway. The possible impact is a wider one, like United. We support :censored:y even though we never go because they win.

Argggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. I hate them sooooooooooooooo much.

Still, I hope everyone remebered last Friday's anniversary.

It's not necessarily a bad thing City geting all this money to break Man Ure's monopoly on success. Romans ego wont like City nicking their players so Chelsea will up the anti again. It could have the effect of knocking Man Ure to 3rd in the league or if Arsenals kids finally find consistency into 4th. Once Man Ure's dominance is broken the better I say cos they've scooped up most the kids in Oldham for over 10 years now without them even going to a match! mustly through peer pressure and wanting to win.

If Latics can get some success on the pitch and Man Ure start to struggle to win things it can only help cos I reckon there's far more Reds than light Blues in Oldham.

I Think it's hilarious, richest club in the world and they don't even own their own ground, they'll be top 10 at best this season, then they'll throw money at it in the summer, they'll still struggle to make top 4 next season, as the those clubs have built their teams over a number of years. Yes, chelsea threw tens of millions at it but they already had a top 4 squad that was winning the odd trophy here and there, City are starting from scratch with a very average squad, Boro signed the best money had to offer in Juninho, Ravanelli, Emerson etc.. Where did it get them? City will be back in the Championship within 5 years, a cartoon club for cartoon fans. PMSL! 32 years without any sort of major trophy and Robinho? Don't make me laugh, if he was THAT good Madrid would've kept him. He'll do nowt imo!

One more point of note, the two seasons Chelsea won the League, Taggart was in his third period of transition in building another all conquering team, he's finished now and City will struggle to attract the calibre of player that will compete with a lot of their so called stars. City have a helluva way to go and in all seriousness how long is Mark Hughes going to last now that these billionaires have arrived. Apparantly a rise of just $1 per barrell of oil sees them earn $500 Million A DAY!!!! Absolutely frightening. Hopefully they'll be as impatient as the dude in the Cannonball Run films and as I say, City will be back where they belong in the 2nd tier!

Edited by oafcprozac

best way to get fans in - always has been - allways will be, its to be a Winning side. Simple formula. Wigan threw money at it, but the effect was - they won. Ok they dont get massive crowds and never have. But they have over 14000 home fans every game. Where were they 10 /15 years ago?

Two years ago the council house was pretty much full every week anyway. The possible impact is a wider one, like United. We support :censored:y even though we never go because they win.

Argggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. I hate them sooooooooooooooo much.

Still, I hope everyone remebered last Friday's anniversary.

Which one was that then, I mean we have so many don't we? :grin:

August 29th 1988 Maine Road Manchester Barclays League Division 2

Manchester City 1 Oldham Athletic 4

Some more dates for your diary:-

January 8th 2005 Boundary Park FA Cup 3rd Round

Oldham Athletic 1 Manchester City 0

March 13th 1999 Maine Road Manchester Natiuonwide League Division 2

Manchester City 1 Oldham Athletic 2

September 28th 1991 Maine Road Manchester Barclays League Division 1

December 19th 1987 Maine Road Manchester Barclays League Division 2

December 21st 1996 Boundary Park Oldham Nationwide League Division 1

Oldham Athletic 2 Manchester City 1

Edited by oafcprozac

I Think it's hilarious, richest club in the world and they don't even own their own ground, they'll be top 10 at best this season, then they'll throw money at it in the summer, they'll still struggle to make top 4 next season, as the those clubs have built their teams over a number of years. Yes, chelsea threw tens of millions at it but they already had a top 4 squad that was winning the odd trophy here and there, City are starting from scratch with a very average squad, Boro signed the best money had to offer in Juninho, Ravanelli, Emerson etc.. Where did it get them? City will be back in the Championship within 5 years, a cartoon club for cartoon fans. PMSL! 32 years without any sort of major trophy and Robinho? Don't make me laugh, if he was THAT good Madrid would've kept him. He'll do nowt imo!

One more point of note, the two seasons Chelsea won the League, Taggart was in his third period of transition in building another all conquering team, he's finished now and City will struggle to attract the calibre of player that will compete with a lot of their so called stars. City have a helluva way to go and in all seriousness how long is Mark Hughes going to last now that these billionaires have arrived. Apparantly a rise of just $1 per barrell of oil sees them earn $500 Million A DAY!!!! Absolutely frightening. Hopefully they'll be as impatient as the dude in the Cannonball Run films and as I say, City will be back where they belong in the 2nd tier!

i think its bad for football personally,all this money washing about and the impending influx of foreign players.....knocks the national team and has a knock on effect down the leagues....

if these new owners had got control last week you would of seen at least 5 players coming in....just wait till january,unfortunately i cant see richards going anywhere now.

One more point of note, the two seasons Chelsea won the League, Taggart was in his third period of transition in building another all conquering team, he's finished now and City will struggle to attract the calibre of player that will compete with a lot of their so called stars. City have a helluva way to go and in all seriousness how long is Mark Hughes going to last now that these billionaires have arrived. Apparantly a rise of just $1 per barrell of oil sees them earn $500 Million A DAY!!!! Absolutely frighteng. Hopefully they'll be as impatient as the dude in the Cannonball Run films and as I say, City will be back where they belong in the 2nd tier!

Have to disagree with you there, I think these guys at City mean business, hence the Robiniho signing and the other outlandish bids. Just like at Chelsea they have put their money where their mouth is. While its true City dont have the same squad as Chelsea to start off with I dont think they are anywhere near as bad as you make out. They had a good start last season, and tailed off towards the end. In Mark Hughes (despite the hatred) I believe they have already got an excellent manager in place. Who I am sure would want to show his worth to United next door. Both Blackburn and Chelsea have shown it is possible to buy the Premierleague and with Arsenal and Liverpool struggling to fund the big money signings now is the time for some real money to come in and break the top fours hold on the Premier League.

Yes, chelsea threw tens of millions at it but they already had a top 4 squad that was winning the odd trophy here and there, City are starting from scratch with a very average squad, Boro signed the best money had to offer in Juninho, Ravanelli, Emerson etc.. Where did it get them?

Precisely. Robinho isn’t going to go and win the ball for himself all the time or create 40 chances out of nowhere, at least with the Middlesbrough experiment there were the three of them who could pass to each other until they had to give it to an English plodder to arse it up. 16th November, City are away at Hull. I think the enormity of his mistake will probably be starting to dawn on him by the end of that day. I am tempted to have a little bet on them finishing lower than they did last season.

Undoubtedly Robinho.

I thought this was a thread about worst last-minute transfer deadline signings for us and I was ready to put:

Ian Ormondroyd

:grin:

Edited by martjs