fan's comments about owtb site

Thing that gets me is why does one have to sign up to merely read the board? You don't with oafc.co.uk you didn't with JKL. I fully appreciated the need to register to actually interact on here, but why isn't the main "official" Latics forum, sanctioned by the club open to the wider world? Surely the views of the main Latics mb aren't so secret they have to be hidden away. Its often interesting to go and read the views of teams we have or are about to play yet unless I'm mistaken OWTB precludes this.

I know a few people who would never in a million years want or need to post owt on any MB but were always browsers and lurkers on JKL, not every Latics fan wants to interact, but I bet there are many who'd "graze" if the opportunity were there.

All that said maybe its just me, maybe you can view without logging in, maybe I'm doing something wrong?

im one of these people who mainly just 'graze' (i'm watching you :ph34r::wink: ) and i wouldnt say that having to register is really such a ball-ache, i mean it takes max. 5minutes out of your life. im sure anyone with time to mooch around on a latics forum has time to register, so i cant see how it would put anyone off really, unless theyre just incredibly lazy!

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

All Oldham Athletic fans together... exactly.

PS If anybody's noticed I wasn't actually the one who started this thread (Tel-Aviv Bob you backstabber :mad: ). I was just trying to shine some light on the situation as I was extremely surprised when somebody informed me it'd been copied and pasted up here.

Anyway.. bring on the plastic Scousers!

i was only copying what you said about the site thats all

All Oldham Athletic fans together... exactly.

PS If anybody's noticed I wasn't actually the one who started this thread (Tel-Aviv Bob you backstabber :mad: ). I was just trying to shine some light on the situation as I was extremely surprised when somebody informed me it'd been copied and pasted up here.

Anyway.. bring on the plastic Scousers!

But Billy, you wrote it in the public domain of the internet. Presumably you stick by your comments, as they are perfectly valid in my opinion , and you are entitled to your opinion. How can someone be a backstabber for printing what you wrote? You would be two faced if you did not stick by what you wrote. I doubt you are, so am just puzzled by your reaction.

im one of these people who mainly just 'graze' (i'm watching you :ph34r::wink: ) and i wouldnt say that having to register is really such a ball-ache, i mean it takes max. 5minutes out of your life. im sure anyone with time to mooch around on a latics forum has time to register, so i cant see how it would put anyone off really, unless theyre just incredibly lazy!

Not everybody in this world is like you tho'. Not everybody has the inclination to register no matter whether it takes 5 minutes, 5 hours or 5 days, its that simple really. Somebody once told me they read what took their fancy on JKL but didn't register because some of the stuff they really disagreed with, but their work situation meant that they couldn't afford to be sucked into debates, and once registered the temptation would be there.

Now thats an extreme case but surely there is no harm what so ever in having this forum unprotected so that the wider world can read what Latics fans are thinking, and the bulk of Latics internet fans at that, this being the official voice of us all. Just a thought.

Edited by StipeTripe

Not everybody in this world is like you tho'. Not everybody has the inclination to register no matter whether it takes 5 minutes, 5 hours or 5 days, its that simple really. Somebody once told me they read what took their fancy on JKL but didn't register because some of the stuff they really disagreed with, but their work situation meant that they couldn't afford to be sucked into debates, and once registered the temptation would be there.

Now thats an extreme case but surely there is no harm what so ever in having this forum unprotected so that the wider world can read what Latics fans are thinking, and the bulk of Latics internet fans at that, this being the official voice of us all. Just a thought.

Hate to agree with Mr Grumble:censored: :wink: but this has always been my opinion too.

Guest oa_exile
Thing that gets me is why does one have to sign up to merely read the board?

It's actually becoming more common that you have to sign up to get on MB's , etc these days.

For instance I just went over to the Bindippers forum and have to register.