We get to the last 2 home games of the season and we are still chasing the dream and our crowds rise.

History tells us 73-74 and 89/90-90/91 that success brings in the crowds.

With us only having the 3 stands and with home capacity restricted to a maximum 9,200ish what would you do with the away fans for the last couple of games seeing as they are against Southend and Crewe who are unlikely to bring more than 400-500.

Do we give them the samll section of the RRE which holds 1,600 or look at the possibility of giving them the Rochdale road end of the main paddock that holds around 500 therefore making another 1100 seats available to home fans.

I know this is thinking way ahead of ourselves, but seeing as everyone is in happy clappy moods, I just thought I'd throw a spanner in and await a reaction.

Looks for tin hat and awaits replies from paddock season ticket holders and regulars containing many expletives :grin:

Cheers,

Harry

Blackpoo style seats errected where lookers was ;)

To be honest i don't know why we did not do this all season.

Stick a burger van and some potaloos in a corner,and we are sorted.

Large areas of empty seats and the away support complaining,who gives a toss,Blackpoo have been getting away with it for years(and probably many more)

To be honest i don't know why we did not do this all season.

Stick a burger van and some potaloos in a corner,and we are sorted.

Large areas of empty seats and the away support complaining,who gives a toss,Blackpoo have been getting away with it for years(and probably many more)

because boundary park is an all seater stadium and therefore cannot house any standing support. at any time. as for the seating suggestion, latics intend to commence building in january. Whether or not this happens is open to debate, but when we are only getting crowds of 4600, what is the point in investing in seating, for what will probably be one or two games at most where it is needed.

i personally think latics have done the right thing by not opening the lookers side this year

because boundary park is an all seater stadium and therefore cannot house any standing support. at any time. as for the seating suggestion, latics intend to commence building in january. Whether or not this happens is open to debate, but when we are only getting crowds of 4600, what is the point in investing in seating, for what will probably be one or two games at most where it is needed.

i personally think latics have done the right thing by not opening the lookers side this year

I'm sure we could borrow a couple of thousand deck chairs off the Fylde council,they won't have been used much this year :)

The lookers option wouldn't be viable for just a couple of matches due to cost (2 matches at 1100 fans at average £13 per fan = £28,600). So the only 2 options would be to leave away fans in the small section of the RRE or put them in the paddock.

Strangely enough, it is probably easier to segregate if they were in the paddock as there is a big no mans land between the paddock and the RRE and then the segreation of the dugouts and tunnel between the 2 paddocks.

Having said that if we play the lashers next season, it would be nice payback to have them in the lookers on a typical January day. :grin:

The lookers option wouldn't be viable for just a couple of matches due to cost (2 matches at 1100 fans at average £13 per fan = £28,600). So the only 2 options would be to leave away fans in the small section of the RRE or put them in the paddock.

Strangely enough, it is probably easier to segregate if they were in the paddock as there is a big no mans land between the paddock and the RRE and then the segreation of the dugouts and tunnel between the 2 paddocks.

Having said that if we play the lashers next season, it would be nice payback to have them in the lookers on a typical January day. :grin:

If we played them on a november tuesday night, and even if the small section of the RRE was enough I am sure there would be enough people willing to contribute towards a temporary stand in the rain - I would, that one fixture alone

Do we give them the samll section of the RRE which holds 1,600 or look at the possibility of giving them the Rochdale road end of the main paddock that holds around 500 therefore making another 1100 seats available to home fans.

:blink:

Nah - sorry, no need... the only reason we might need a full capacity is if we get Leeds, Hudders or the lashers in the Playoffs.... and that is only because they would fill their away allocation - we just would not get 9,500 home fans for league game - its just ridiculous to think we would.. never mind for games against Southend or Crewe - no matter what the game is for...

And...Errr... no, You will have to bloody move me first! And lets say, i'm one of the less arguementative and 'bedded in' in that paddock! :wink: After the exaggerated reports of what has happened in the RRE I doubt you would have anything short of a riot if ou tried to move nay of the Main stand in there....