Favourite Car Owned

DavidCollinge

Whats your fav. car you have owned (thats owned not stolen)

In the mid 80s i was lucky enough to afford a 3 year old Peugeot 205 GTI (1.6 model couldn't afford the 1.9 version)

It was white with white alloy wheels.

If i remember rightly there was 3 hot hatches which everyone wanted

• Peugeot 205
  • Fiesta XR2
  • Renault 5 GT Turbo

My mate gat a Renault which was like sh** off a shovel but imo didn't look that good whereas i can remember

pulling up outside the Roebuck in Alkrington on a hot summers night in my 205 feeling like the dogs boll****.

Those were the days!

Volkswagen Jetta in the early nineties (it was an old X reg). Obviously just a Golf with a boot (and a considerable price tag reduction).

Then again my other choices are a Montego, Maxi and my current Colt (which although reliable lacks a certin whoomph). The first two of those being awful, awful cars.

Hard to chose really.

My mum and dad got me a VW Jetta for my 17th birthday. It didnt take long for me to write it off though, just two weeks after passing my test.

I also had a seriously cool VW beetle, but it was a 1303s which was a 1600 engine, it had mods though which woudl leave most cars for dead at traffic lights. And it had porsche alloys on it. It got nicked though.

I had an XR2 which i bought from the guy who ran the XR2 owers club, it was in unbeleivable condition, the body and the engine were in A1 mint condition.

I guess my favourite has got to be my current car though. It is the new bravo 150bhp sport. Ive got the 18" alloys on it and its in Latics blue. It looks and drives like the dogs dangly bits. A word of advice though, if you drive one dont use the sports mode when cornering, your putting your life in the cars hands.

talbot sunbeam lotus rally car

went like a rocket sidways raound roundabouts opposite lock madness everywhere :grin::grin::grin: ! but only 8mpg :disappointed: at best !

used to tow it to and from rallys with an XR3 non injection that went like stink as well especialy when we bolted twin 40s on it hehe

crazyist car ive been in has to be an mg metro 6r4 lunacy !

Had a few fun ones...

Nissan 200SX (turbo-laggy oversteery mayhem! :grin: )

Vauxhall Senator 24V (great fun when people think you're an unmarked police car)

Subaru Impreza (mk1 Uk car with some, er, light fettling - chavtastic hooligan of a car)

Subaru Legacy Spec B (my current car, very capable but a bit too sensible...)

Back to a Subaru hooligan-mobile next - hopefully in a couple of months. :D

My dad had a 'Skip Brown prepared' Lotus 2.2litre Sunbeam Rally Car, Highly Tuned/polished, Bilstein shocks, 5 speed ZF gearbox, whels spun in all gears, Twin 45!!! Webbers, NO BADGES. Better Spec just than Henri Toivonen's RAC winning car in 1980. He still owns a 2.0 Supercharged Lancia. Mind you the nutter (sorry dad) took his test in a 3.0 litre Manual Capri on his 17th Birthday (£300 fully comp) when only the police had the same spec. He's had a TR7, cough. To balance the equation.... but he put a tuned Rover V8 in that.

Craziest car was good old 'OLG 333L' the 7.2litre Jensen Interceptor ii one of more highly tuned versions. Leather interior like a 3 piece suite.

I have a Red & White JCW Mini......so it runs in the family.

nice mr gregonator mine was a"skip brown "one as well but only to group 2 tune sounds like your dad had one of the group 4/B ones tasty !

best fun i had was blowing away some of west yorks police in capri with it comming back from hudds an the A62 they backed off when i topped 145 going UP standage hehe