Croatia v England

great great performance. I had a funny feeling we'd win but I was way short with my 2-1 correct score bet. They were dirty b'ards werent they?

Even though I have still got Setanta Sports I couldnt bring myself to watch it on there AS I HATE THEM.

So where did I watch it? German free to air TV. If Germany's version of BBC2 can put it on then it's nothing short of criminal that that absolute shower have the rights. Then they pull that rubbish with the highlights, they never had any intention of letting BBC or ITV have the highlights package.

I have defended Heskey for years and he only occasionally met me half way and turned in a performance for England but once again he did it when it matters. He is what has been missing from the England team for the last few years and that is he plays for the team and makes the team play as a team. He might not get the all important goals but he damn sure makes other people score.

Croatia might be carrying a hangover from Euro2008 or they might have thought they would roll us over as they have done twice recently but the pampered millionaires pulled their tripe out last night and put in the kind of performance that we all know they are capable of when they put their minds to it. The game at Wembley should be an absolute cracker now!

As for Terry maybe he needs a kick up the arse and reminding that getting paid £100k a week and playing football for the national team is a privelege (one that many men around the country would give their right hand for) and not a right.

£140k a week, not that I like to make bones over £5k a day.

Didnt Scarborough go bankrupt over a £100k debt?

Watched the first half and listened to the second half upstairs as I couldn't keep my eyes open! Been a long week so far! It was good to see us put a real performance in for the first time since beating the same opponents 4-2 in Lisbon in '04. As for young Theo, I remember his brace of Michael Owenesque individual efforts v Germany in Germany for the Under 21s in a Play Off in 2006 and stated then, "get the bugger in the senior side." I hadn't seen anything like it since Owen was in his pomp. Glad to see my prediction ran true. Rooney still worries me though, a higher level Craig Davies often wandering miles from goal and way too deep. I groaned when Jenas came on as I do not rate the guy but I watched the 2nd half this morning and he played well to be fair.

Last couple of things, a very soft goal to concede. Terry whussed out that's why he got the crack, the Joe Cole incident was deplorable and Wes Brown STILL??? FFS!

Heskey exactly what we need, a big fella up there! Pleased for Wardle and MOAFC that their faith and outlay was rewarded, as I really thought we would be lambs to the slaughter.

What a breath of fresh air that was to see an England team realise its true potential. The big thing for me was that the last time we played in croatia we went with a horrendous 3-5-2 formation which everyone was completely unfamiliar with every team in the premiership plays either 4-5-1 or 4-4-2 so stick to that. Long way to go in the qualifying campaign yet but its good to see the real England for a change.

Last night was special. It is very rare that an international can genuinely erouse the emotions to the extent that watching LAtics can but last night surpassed anything I can remember.

The atmosphere in the second half was amazing. The fans came together as one as all club afinity was put to one side.

I hope the press don't go overboard. This is simply a step in the right direction but at the same time we mustn't underestimate quite what we achieved. Croatia looked poor last night but we made them look poor.

We could have won by a wider margin with more rub of the green and I suspect that the rest of Europe will have been quite shaken by the result and performance.

I couldn't believe that he Capello had thrown Walcott in to such a big game last night and saw it as a blatant error. Clearly, unlike Ronnie Moore, I'm not a football genius.

but its good to see the real England for a change.

What's the 'real England' Tom? The one that turns up and brushes a major football force out of the way every 6 years or so?

To me the 'real England' are the ones that fanny about and underachieve just about every time they play. That's the England I'm used to. The other England are the 'blue moon England'. We'll probably see them again in 2014.

It's funny, we used to mock Scotland for that. :unsure: