Good pub with Sky nr BP?

didn't realise we got munich's coming on here!

You'd be surprised... And most of the closet manure fans seem to live outside Oldham/UK etc. I use to get loads of stick on the old Fishul Message board for not "supporting them as an English club in Europe", or as a "Northern team in the Prem" blah, blah, blah etc. I'll be ABU until the last breath I take. :grin:

so do you refer to liverpool fans as hillsboroughs? regardless of who you support, your view of another club, it makes you an utter, utter dick of the highest order to use terminology like that.

No!

And steady!!

Just as many football fans refer to Yorshire teams as sheep sh@@@@@@, doesn't mean we all believe that they all do. It is a term that is used in football fan circles, Liverpool have never ever been referred to as that as i'm sure you know and i would like to think that they will never be referred to as that, fans around the country have (rightly or wrongly) for years, refererred to man u fans as 'munichs'. This is not a personal attack on an individual, just aterm widely used (rightly or wrongly), however referring to me as an "utter dick of the highest order", is personal.

I once got serious grief on JK Latics for posting about 'munichs' and got all the PC brigade on my case saying how great uncle Albert etc lost a third cousin twice removed in 1958 . The point I made was that to my knowledge the term 'munichs' came about to refer to manure 'supporters' who started to 'follow' manure after the tragedy and not before as they were the team of the moment. The term therefore referred to 'glory-hunter' types of fans who latched on to a big team but never actually went to see them - very similar to skychair redsox fans today. In that respect, the term 'munichs' is appropriate to aply to part time armchair supporters and therefore is valid as opposed to it being used as a term of abuse or mocking those who died in the tradgedy at Munich airport.

oh, and just how good was it to see both Taggart and Citeh getting battered on TV yesterday !!

"I never felt more like singin the blues, when Oldham win and Citeh (and redsox) lose "

but what has munich (a disaster 50 years ago) got to do with glory hunting supporters?

liverpool not arrogant etc etc? have a word with yourself ffs

and im not a "closet" red, i am a united fan, season ticket holder who, as i live in oldham, takes an interest in oldham, and goes when i can, as a couple of people on this message board will vouch for, due to the fact i can use more then 2 of my brain cells and thankfully know that not all oldham fans are so blinded by jealousy/insecurity whatever it is, they spend as much time obsessing over a team with no relevance to their own, as they do supporting their own side (and for anybody who doubts that, just sit in the white hart when united are on the telly away from home, and latics arent playing, its like the feckin star wars bar)

and as for making it personal, yes, i will make it personal, as i would any arsehole who references people dying to A GAME OF FOOTBALL.

and the person who thinks its a recent term, since the 90s, to call united fans "munichs", you are mistaken, just ask any red who went to anfield in the 80's (before and after hillsboro).

allowing yourselves to be so consumed in hatred isnt good for you you know.

(ps, how we looked saturday - fine until carrick went off, then 2nd half was just shocking, at there of all places an all, but not to worry, they dont give prizes out in september)

But it will be cramed full of munichs who don't even know where OT is.

And when we suggest that they come to B.P to watch some 'live' football, they will laugh in our faces and skulk off back under their stones to watch Steling and co on soccer saturday

Can I ask the moderators why they have allowed this morally repulsive term to go unchecked? Infact, don't bother. I'm signing off. For any football fan, this is a step too far.

but what has munich (a disaster 50 years ago) got to do with glory hunting supporters?

and im not a "closet" red, i am a united fan, season ticket holder..........

F*** off then munich....

:wink:

I think you're confusing your own arguments/points with 2/3 people in your answers, rather than directing the individually (apart from the swearing of course :D )

I'm not sure how many people you are consumed with arguing the toss over a term used (again, i'll write for you, rightly or wrongly!) by many a football fan, referring to Man Utd. As it was 50years ago, then of course you are right when you say it was being used before the 90s - I have used the term in previous posts along with 'teletext reds', as another term to refer to a majority of your "fans" and i think you'll find that my original post there was no mention of the term munich (although i have used it after!) It's quite simple i'd have thought though, rather than you being drawn into attacking personally with names as :ass1: hole and d***, why don't you go and debate your own insecurities with like minded individuals on another board.

As for consuming myself in hatred over Man u! :laught16::OWTB1: I couldn't give two hoots.

and im not a "closet" red, i am a united fan, season ticket holder who, as i live in oldham, takes an interest in oldham, and goes when i can, as a couple of people on this message board will vouch for, due to the fact i can use more then 2 of my brain cells and thankfully know that not all oldham fans are so blinded by jealousy/insecurity whatever it is, they spend as much time obsessing over a team with no relevance to their own, as they do supporting their own side (and for anybody who doubts that, just sit in the white hart when united are on the telly away from home, and latics arent playing, its like the feckin star wars bar)

and as for making it personal, yes, i will make it personal, as i would any arsehole who references people dying to A GAME OF FOOTBALL.

and the person who thinks its a recent term, since the 90s, to call united fans "munichs", you are mistaken, just ask any red who went to anfield in the 80's (before and after hillsboro).

allowing yourselves to be so consumed in hatred isnt good for you you know.

(ps, how we looked saturday - fine until carrick went off, then 2nd half was just shocking, at there of all places an all, but not to worry, they dont give prizes out in september)

Its relevant due to the geography, a town full of numptys like you who chose to support them and a fact that as you will well know if you have supported the them long enough it was the Munichs that sent us on a downward spiral that has condemned us to over 10 years of 3rd tier football...... we have as much of a reason as anyone else to hate you

To refer to United fans as 'Munichs' is deplorable.

To then object to being called a name because it's 'personal' is pathetic.

For the moderators to object to swearing and name calling, yet allow United to be referred to in this manner is hypocrisy of the highest order.

Personally, I agree, but then ..... BinDippers, SheepShaggers etc, allowed or not? Where would the censorship end? Could be a slippery slope approaching.....

Personally, I agree, but then ..... BinDippers, SheepShaggers etc, allowed or not? Where would the censorship end? Could be a slippery slope approaching.....

I don't think it is a slippery slope. If the nickname you are giving to a team, group of people etc, refers to a tragic event in which people lost their lives, then it isn't appropriate. eg - Munich, Hillsborough, Heysel, Valley Parade.

If it is something that in all honesty is not true, eg sheep fettling, or rummaging through waste for a tasty treat, or Londoners selling their bottoms and you wish to use such references these are infinitely less offensive.

I don't think it is a slippery slope. If the nickname you are giving to a team, group of people etc, refers to a tragic event in which people lost their lives, then it isn't appropriate. eg - Munich, Hillsborough, Heysel, Valley Parade.

I'm not that interested in what we call them. I'm ashamed to admit I joined in with the arm-waving and "who's that dieing on the runway" at the trafford bowl when we played there once in the Prem years. I :pray: for the forgiveness from closet reds on here :wink:

I just want to see Manure (is that ok?) toppled from their money-ridden arrogant, glory hunting stance and forced to watch the real Manc team win a few pots of silver for the next decade or two. These things used to come in cycles - Liverpool were the team of the 70s and 80s etc. but the likes of Swansea enjoyed some good years in the old first division. Sadly with the influence of money, TV etc. that will never happen again. The top teams are decided by the ego of a rich sugar-daddy and that's how it will stay until the it all falls apart...

(Is there a doom and gloom 'smiley'? I need one!)

I don't care who wins what - we will in all probability win nowt in my life time. I can live with that. I just don't feel the need to gloat over some other club having faced a tragedy at some point in their history and giving them a nickname that refers to this tragedy.

As I said I am ashamed for having done it but with the amount of provocation we were getting from their "fans" (think RRE chavs but older) I got caught up in the moment.

Anyway, 0-0 at home to 'Valenthia'. Oooooh, great start tonight for the ABUs. LOVE it... :grin: