Good pub with Sky nr BP?

I'm hoping to come up early to the game tomorrow to find a good pub nr the ground with decent grub where I can watch the redsvreds game on Sky before the real football. Can anyone suggest a good place?

Cheers!

Rifle Range on Burnley Lane, 2 mins from BP, 2 large screens for football plus 2 other tellys.

Rifle Range on Burnley Lane, 2 mins from BP, 2 large screens for football plus 2 other tellys.

But it will be cramed full of munichs who don't even know where OT is.

And when we suggest that they come to B.P to watch some 'live' football, they will laugh in our faces and skulk off back under their stones to watch Steling and co on soccer saturday

And when we suggest that they come to B.P to watch some 'live' football, they will laugh in our faces and skulk off back under their stones to watch Steling and co on soccer saturday

Or they'll get arsey about you accidentally blocking the view of one of the big screens, and get even more arsey when you suggest that they go to the games if they don't like not being able to see from their seat in the local pub! :grin:

I was told the Rifle Range was a bit of a hard core Latics pub. Although I'm yet to check it out myself

Further down from grey mare....the white hart.....will also have it's share of teletext reds in, but usually plenty of tics in to dampen their spirits when the mickey mousers score :grin:

If you're going to the WH, I'd eat before you get there. I don't think they do food apart from pies and sandwiches behind the bar. Good pub though.

I was told the Rifle Range was a bit of a hard core Latics pub. Although I'm yet to check it out myself

With it's "new" Royle" tap room, it most certainly is, but like most pubs up and down the country Tommy, the munichs are present when their 'beloved' fantasy team hits the box.

Cantona said some gubbins about seagulls following trawlers.well he was right about munichs following sky/setanta

I'm hoping to come up early to the game tomorrow to find a good pub nr the ground with decent grub where I can watch the redsvreds game on Sky before the real football. Can anyone suggest a good place?

Cheers!

go to the rifle range 2 mins from boundary park will be plenty of latics in there to watch the mancs get beat

Rifle Range used to get its share of skychair Redsox who would act like they were regular fans home and away but never really seen the scum unless on the big screen. At full time they would bugger off to continue with their sad lives. Since the RR was taken over and kitted out with all things Latics hope they have found some other venue to spout their sad, predictable biased opinions in !

If there are redsox in, perhaps a few 'Oh when the bluees ' chants this year might encourage them to relocate !

Oh and 2 mins from BP ?? - maybe for Mr Bolt but not for me with several pints of John Willies finest bitter sloshing around ! - a good 10 mins from bar to the Chaddy at a decent clip !

Or they'll get arsey about you accidentally blocking the view of one of the big screens, and get even more arsey when you suggest that they go to the games if they don't like not being able to see from their seat in the local pub! :grin:

They will be seeing the back of my head,UNaccidentally blocking their view whilst i suggest they support their LOCAL team :grin:

Rifle Range used to get its share of skychair Redsox who would act like they were regular fans home and away but never really seen the scum unless on the big screen. At full time they would bugger off to continue with their sad lives. Since the RR was taken over and kitted out with all things Latics hope they have found some other venue to spout their sad, predictable biased opinions in !

If there are redsox in, perhaps a few 'Oh when the bluees ' chants this year might encourage them to relocate !

Oh and 2 mins from BP ?? - maybe for Mr Bolt but not for me with several pints of John Willies finest bitter sloshing around ! - a good 10 mins from bar to the Chaddy at a decent clip !

It's a bit more than 2 minute's for us whipper snappers too. :shock:

If you want a United pub. Try the Carters. It's crawling with redsox fans. Same goes for the Grey Mare. White Hart's never really been overly populated with 'em. It's more so neutrals who just fancy a pint and generally arent overly bothered about the result. As for the orginal lad asking about a pub with food. Rifle Range is the only pub locally that will have a screen and you'll be able to get food from.

Edited by Rocky_Latic

"munichs". class, your dead funny you are.

so do you refer to liverpool fans as hillsboroughs? regardless of who you support, your view of another club, it makes you an utter, utter dick of the highest order to use terminology like that.

didn't realise we got munich's coming on here!

btw - the reason no one calls liverpool "hillsboroughs" is because they aren't dirty, scummy, arrogant, pieces of S**T that aren't even good enough for the bottom of my shoe unlike MUNICHS