Today in RRE

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

to be honest there i no reason for anyone to stand at all, the atmosphere was electric in the RRE today even when every did sit it still was and the view is good enough to see.

i sit in the block next to the people the stand at the end and the stewards are only trying to do the job, if you have been told to sit, then thats what has to happen and the ignoramousis who stand just to be bloody awkward deserve wot they get

we had a guy two rows in front(for the record red coat sat on around row S) it ws damn right annoying,

i would suggest go and stand in the paddock near the RRE if thats what you wanna do, personally the majority of the people that stand dont block my view but seemingly it is causing problems, for some, and the people that stand dont wanna, sit, so if there is a comprimise that might have to be it

Edited by neiladamsheadband

The only thing wrong with the Rocky for me is we have 4 season tickets together in I block near the top right and all the numbers on the seats are mixed up so a few of the ST have no reserved sticker on them EVERY game we have to argue this with whoever is sat in our seats,

does anybody know who to contact to Number the seats correctly?

Apart from that the standing issue is just the Kids and the chavs.

I stand when we have a goal scoring chance or any other moment of excitement such as chaddy doing something funny so that’s enough lol

For once I agree with coconut, standing isn’t allowed for a reason and the authorities wont buy it ,but away from home at the back of the stand if theres an opportunity to stand I will simply because I prefer it away from home…. I am just weird.

You're either 13 years old or missed the whole Taylor report brought in after Hillsborough (you've heard of that right?).

There are now 'standing area' at a premiership ground, or in fact any ground built since 1996.

Paddy was a steward at City last season, Coco. So I think he's in a good position above others on here to mention about what City have and do not have.

but you are disputing the law. when latics are fined or have to close the stand for persistent breaches of the law will you be glad to have proved your point? Why is it childish etc to expect your kids to be able to watch the game from SEATS you have paid for? With respect, think it through

Paddy was a steward at City last season, Coco. So I think he's in a good position above others on here to mention about what City have and do not have.

Couldn't give a toss what he was, the law is the law and all new stadiums in this country have to be all seater. unofficially the club might turn a blind eye but that's Citehs choice, plenty have clubs have been in trouble because of persistent standing, Utd had their away ticket allocation cut when they played Charlton because they wouldn't sit down.

Couldn't give a toss what he was, the law is the law and all new stadiums in this country have to be all seater. unofficially the club might turn a blind eye but that's Citehs choice, plenty have clubs have been in trouble because of persistent standing, Utd had their away ticket allocation cut when they played Charlton because they wouldn't sit down.

United never used to sit because there were more fans than seats away from home lol Bumping fans in lol

City do turn a blind eye in the south stand next to the away support but theres signs and its on the back of the card you get that your reminded its an all seater stadia.

I got bollocked when england played Japan and Iceland years ago and again when city played villa in their first year there and it went off big time.

but you are disputing the law. when latics are fined or have to close the stand for persistent breaches of the law will you be glad to have proved your point? Why is it childish etc to expect your kids to be able to watch the game from SEATS you have paid for? With respect, think it through

because rather than moan and whinge and get nowhere whilst my kid mised the match, i would sit where he could see and leave the stewards to do their job. its quite simple really and not worth 'thinking through' there are much bigger issues affecting the world today than the number of THE SEAT i and my child sit in.

as a futher thought if you turned up one week and you chair was covered in pidgeon :censored: would you..

i. sit in it anyway, of course, its my f*ckin seat you clown.

ii. demand that a steward clean MY SEAT THIS IS JUST NOT ON

iii. use my brain and my legs and sit in one of the plenty of others on offer with pretty much the same view

iv. go home, write letter, feel imprtant.

this quiz is only open to NIMS (Not.In.My.Seat) members

Still can't believe that on month into the season and we are still talking about standing.

Fact of the matter is once you hand your money in at the gate and enter the Stadium you agree to the the rule........ NO STANDING.

wel just for the record, despite my hatred of the no standing rule, im not debating the no standing rule.

im rubbishing the decision of people who have 400 people stood in front of their kid, to deprive said kid of view of match by sitting still and whingeing. even if a steward spends 5 seconds listening to your complaint its 5 seconds where (s)he is not doing their job in making the standers sit. AND YOUR KID CAN STILL NOT SEE. its a stupid decision.

I stood up reet at the front for most of the match - loads of spare rows behind me so not impeding anyone's views - got told quite late on the sit down - a bit of common sense is needed - if you stand up in front of people that don't want to stand - then sit down again or move - there is loads of spare seats at the front - I sat down when asked and stood up again a bit later - come on guys, let us not let this issue spoil the great start to the season and the great atmos created so far at BP.

wel just for the record, despite my hatred of the no standing rule, im not debating the no standing rule.

im rubbishing the decision of people who have 400 people stood in front of their kid, to deprive said kid of view of match by sitting still and whingeing. even if a steward spends 5 seconds listening to your complaint its 5 seconds where (s)he is not doing their job in making the standers sit. AND YOUR KID CAN STILL NOT SEE. its a stupid decision.

Why should someone have to move seats just because YOU want to break the law? On what grounds do you make it right for those who abide by the law need to move to see the game.

Grow up, stop bullying people into moving, sit down and sing your heart out for the lads.

Why should someone have to move seats just because YOU want to break the law? On what grounds do you make it right for those who abide by the law need to move to see the game.

Grow up, stop bullying people into moving, sit down and sing your heart out for the lads.

TBH its just common sense.

Ok, if everyone sat down, and only stood when there was a goalscoring opportunity (like everyone does) the kid will miss the best parts ....

grow up? maybe YOU should learn to read. i do not stand in front of people at matches. I SHALL SPELL THIS BIG IN SMALL WORDS FOR YOU, TO HELP YOU.

IF MY BOY COULD NOT SEE BECAUSE A MAN WAS STOOD UP, IN FRONT OF MAN, IN FRONT OF A MAN, IN FRONT OF A MAN, IN FRONT OF A MAN. I WOULD MOVE SO HE COULD SEE. AND LET THE YELLOW COAT PEOPLE DO THEIR JOBS.

christ, either some people dive in without reading or they are very, very unintelligent.

- if you stand up in front of people that don't want to stand - then sit down again or move - there is loads of spare seats at the front -

By far the most sensible post from a pro-standing advocate.

All this talk of it being "expected" to be a standing area is based on what exactly? 3 games.

Given that BP is an all SEATER stadium, that he ground regs PROHIBIT continual standing, that the tickets and rules all state this, given that the disabled seating is at the back of the RRE, given that kids can't see much when people stand, how exactly should be people have expected this, and why should they move, rather than the people who want to bend the rules?

And with all that, it's clear that some of the people that some of the pro-standers are defending are simply at BP for a bit of provocation and confrontation in their mob mentality. They are not at BP to support latics, they are there to have a go at the oppo fans. One guy was stood almost all through the game, and repeatedly raised both hands in V-signs at the MK fans - is that banter? No, it's pathetic.

TBH its just common sense.

Ok, if everyone sat down, and only stood when there was a goalscoring opportunity (like everyone does) the kid will miss the best parts ....

Yeah, now I think of it, expecting people to be considerate of others is just stupid.

If someone stands up in front of me and my lad, I ask them politely to sit down (at least in the first instance), but why should I have to move to accomodate some brainless selfish law breaking cretin?

Some people have had their Season Tickets moved due to accomodate a larger divide between the 2 sets of fans due to this behaviour (and also the throwing of objects across the divide).

The club should review CCTV footage from the RRE and speak to regular offenders before the next home match that if they continue to stand, they will be refused entry in the future. They could then intervene before the subsequent game and not allow them to enter the ground.

For the record, I sit in the "T" section as I forsaw some of these issues in the "I" section and the view and atmosphere is excellent - people are much more considerate and sit to watch the match with the odd bit of standing at times of excitement.

grow up? maybe YOU should learn to read. i do not stand in front of people at matches. I SHALL SPELL THIS BIG IN SMALL WORDS FOR YOU, TO HELP YOU.

IF MY BOY COULD NOT SEE BECAUSE A MAN WAS STOOD UP, IN FRONT OF MAN, IN FRONT OF A MAN, IN FRONT OF A MAN, IN FRONT OF A MAN. I WOULD MOVE SO HE COULD SEE. AND LET THE YELLOW COAT PEOPLE DO THEIR JOBS.

christ, either some people dive in without reading or they are very, very unintelligent.

Who is the intelligent one here? Someone who can spell and use capital letters correctly......................or you?

Yeah, now I think of it, expecting people to be considerate of others is just stupid.

If someone stands up in front of me and my lad, I ask them politely to sit down (at least in the first instance), but why should I have to move to accomodate some brainless selfish law breaking cretin?

Some people have had their Season Tickets moved due to accomodate a larger divide between the 2 sets of fans due to this behaviour (and also the throwing of objects across the divide).

The club should review CCTV footage from the RRE and speak to regular offenders before the next home match that if they continue to stand, they will be refused entry in the future. They could then intervene before the subsequent game and not allow them to enter the ground.

For the record, I sit in the "T" section as I forsaw some of these issues in the "I" section and the view and atmosphere is excellent - people are much more considerate and sit to watch the match with the odd bit of standing at times of excitement.

You missed my point. Ok, forget anyone stands up for pro-longer periods etc, we suddenly break up-field ... everyone has a tendency to stand up as we get nearer to goal, as when we get a corner etc ... in these instances its not just the persistant standers who will be on there feet quite alot of normal people will also ...

Surely its common sense if your taking a little un to sit nearer the front .. you would go to a terraced ground with a little kid and stand in the middle somewhere would you.

Edited by kellys_discopants

Who is the intelligent one here? Someone who can spell and use capital letters correctly......................or you?

the one with the ability look beyond grammar and spelling on a messageboard and instead uses the time to read what people actually have to say. if thats beyond you, but you can spell, make yourself a certificate and a badge.

Agreed sometimes you just have to use a common sence and see they ain't sitting .... and I'm sure you know I hate the bloody rule about standing

I stood up reet at the front for most of the match - loads of spare rows behind me so not impeding anyone's views - got told quite late on the sit down - a bit of common sense is needed - if you stand up in front of people that don't want to stand - then sit down again or move - there is loads of spare seats at the front - I sat down when asked and stood up again a bit later - come on guys, let us not let this issue spoil the great start to the season and the great atmos created so far at BP.

... and this is the crix of the whole issue .... some people just don't have any respect for anyone else with their I'll stand and I don't care if people around me can't see.

I also go to the back and IF I can get away with standing I'm not actually interferring with others view.

the one with the ability look beyond grammar and spelling on a messageboard and instead uses the time to read what people actually have to say. if thats beyond you, but you can spell, make yourself a certificate and a badge.

:lol:

Look beyond? Or fail to understand?

All this 'why should I move mentality' is pathetic. The stand is big enough to accomodate all types of fan. Like when grounds had terracing and you had some ejit next to you, you'd simply just move away from him and stand somewhere else. The problem is when the stands full and you can't move, then I can see you'd have a stronger reason to complain. I fully understand that persistant standing is against the rules but so what? The club isnt going to get the stand shut down because people are stood up. You watch any other game on TV and you see persistant standing, have any of them clubs been punished? no. The fact that someone paid £20 to enter a ground and stare at the away following is totally upto them no matter what your opinion of them is. I like to sing, stand and watch the match and I think most people who have been to the games this year would agree that the atmosphere due to moving in the RRE has dramatically improved. The stewards should only step in when the crowd goes over the top ie throwing coins and bottles over the moat. But it seems most of them just want to show off their 'power' and to me they stir up more than they should. Yesterdays atmosphere was a good one so lets not ruin it eh.