Today in RRE

Atmosphere was spot on however:

a ) The 'new' divide was pointless, as the MK Dons fans were sat half a mile away! and it caused more problems than it solved!

b ) All the chavs/muppet choir/ atmosphere starters/ stander uppers(what ever you want to call them) just shuffled along, further in to the RRE, and sat/stood in season ticket holders seats which caused a few heated debates close to kick off.

c ) The worst thing was, because there was persistent standing, further into the stand (where there isn't normally any) it caused a scuffle between a few people which ended up in a young lad getting a knock, and sitting in tears for the rest of the half, wanting to go home!

This isn't me having a dig, the standing doesn't bother me personally, I join in and have a sing along ect, but it's obviously bothering some, and I sympathise with them. It's not encouraging the young kids we need to attract for the future of our club, and something needs to be done. I know it's a touchy subject amongst some, and im probably going to get shot down for posting it but something's got to change, it's only going to get worse throughout the season.

**today i thought the stewards were out of order too, because you cant target, and throw out one person out of a group of about 50 fans that are stood up singing?

Maybe a meeting could be arranged between the club a few fans and a few stewards with some suggestions for the future?

Edited by Gaz_Oafc

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While on the stewards inn the RRE subject.... Why the hell did they confiscate the inflatable sheep? That just smacks of selfishness! I would have liked to have seen him try that back in the early 90's (late 80's? god i'm showing my age now....) when you couldnt see for yard dogs!

a ) The 'new' divide was pointless, as the MK Dons fans were sat half a mile away! and it caused more problems than it solved!

b ) All the chavs/muppet choir/ atmosphere starters/ stander uppers(what ever you want to call them) just shuffled along, further in to the RRE, and sat/stood in season ticket holders seats which caused a few heated debates close to kick off.

c ) The worst thing was, because there was persistent standing, further into the stand (where there isn’t normally any) it caused a scuffle between a few people which ended up in a young lad getting a knock, and sitting in tears for the rest of the half, wanting to go home!

This isn’t me having a dig, the standing doesn’t bother me personally, I join in and have a sing along ect, but it’s obviously bothering some, and I sympathise with them. It’s not encouraging the young kids we need to attract for the future of our club, and something needs to be done. I know it’s a touchy subject amongst some, and im probably going to get shot down for posting it but something’s got to change, it’s only going to get worse throughout the season.

**today i thought the stewards were out of order too, because you cant target, and throw out one person out of a group of about 50 fans that are stood up singing?

Maybe a meeting could be arranged between the club a few fans and a few stewards with some suggestions for the future?

I think if you sit in the 'I' block you've got to expect to be stood up for parts of the game as it's mainly people who want to sing who are in there and therefore many are gonna want to stand. If you don't want to have to stand up go in the next block along. I know people may have got ST's in that block and probably think it's a bit unfair that people won't sit down but I think it was fairly obvious that this would be a 'singing area'. The stewards were a little over keen, but they have to enforce the 'health and safety' rules. Unfair to just pick on one or two out of so many who were stood up though and the constant presence killed the atmosphere for a while. It's gonna be like this all season though.

The divide was laughable as was the standard of stewarding yet again. Few lads stood up and no aggro then bang stewards come in getting everyone to sit down so more people get angry and it ends in more people stood up ?! Leave us be and most likely people tend to sit down or police themselves. The fact that the club had complaints about standing/swearing/atmosphere previously obviously shows that the minorty are always heard as the 'family section' was nearly empty.

The fact is that the RRE is rocking this year and the authorities are going to try there best to ruin it just for the sake of doing their job. People who went today will tell their mates that the atmosphere at BP is fantastic but if they continue to chuck people out for standing up then the conversation in the pub will be a different story and we'll continue to get sub 6k crowds.

c ) The worst thing was, because there was persistent standing, further into the stand (where there isn't normally any) it caused a scuffle between a few people which ended up in a young lad getting a knock, and sitting in tears for the rest of the half, wanting to go home!

This isn't me having a dig, the standing doesn't bother me personally, I join in and have a sing along ect, but it's obviously bothering some, and I sympathise with them. It's not encouraging the young kids we need to attract for the future of our club, and something needs to be done. I know it's a touchy subject amongst some, and im probably going to get shot down for posting it but something's got to change, it's only going to get worse throughout the season.

I saw one person get chucked out, and that was after he'd had a talking to off a copper, the copper turned around and he shouted a mouthful at him, before turning quickly and walking back to his mates with a massive grin on his face...clearly he was 'well 'ard' for giving the police the verbals. The copper slowly walked after him and threw him out, to the cheers of everyone in the top half. Tosser.

Personally, from the back of the stand in the middle, it looked like the stewards 'had a good game'. They weren't overly forceful, and have got an interesting tactic of getting a nagging woman to stand in the aisle and tel people repeatedly. There were a couple of times when they waded in and the big skinhead got involved...but come on guys, if you've been asked for 70 minutes to sit down and still refuse, then what do you expect? It's a shame if a scuffle developed, but a bit of common sense...the stewards are under instructions to get people sat down and did their utmost to do it without any sort of force.

The persistent standers, whilst I understand and for the most part agree should be able to stand...they know the rules now and it seems they're just doing it to act tough. Grow up.

The way i see it is that they should just give a block to those who want to sing, or half whatever ... then if they stand up whilst singing it causes no-one a problem, i understand authorities outside of the club wont allow them to stand for the full game but IMO those in charge are making more trouble for themselves and soon itll boil over.

Take Rochdale for example ... there stewarding was IMO spot on, they allowed the far left blocks to stand and create the atmosphere, they didnt wade in and tell everyone to sit down ... the people stood up, got behind the team and didnt harm anyone ... no-ones view was blocked as it was the end block and the top half of the second. Just my opinion anyway.

The way i see it is that they should just give a block to those who want to sing, or half whatever ... then if they stand up whilst singing it causes no-one a problem, i understand authorities outside of the club wont allow them to stand for the full game but IMO those in charge are making more trouble for themselves and soon itll boil over.

Take Rochdale for example ... there stewarding was IMO spot on, they allowed the far left blocks to stand and create the atmosphere, they didnt wade in and tell everyone to sit down ... the people stood up, got behind the team and didnt harm anyone ... no-ones view was blocked as it was the end block and the top half of the second. Just my opinion anyway.

Why don't the people who want to stand, go to the back of the stand where they bare blocking no-ones view.

I think if you sit in the 'I' block you've got to expect to be stood up for parts of the game as it's mainly people who want to sing who are in there and therefore many are gonna want to stand. If you don't want to have to stand up go in the next block along.

Spot on mate.

This should be made the official standing block. We need to accomidate for everyone and alot of people want to stand. Its a bloody pain being told to sit down by stewards and people behind.

There was an understanding in the chaddy that we just stood up in areas.

I do prefer to stand and think its makes a better atmosphere but im not about to start a fight with someone behind me who wants cant see, so its easier to sit down.

This doesnt help for the atmosphere as i sing about half as much when sat down.

Spot on mate.

This should be made the official standing block. We need to accomidate for everyone and alot of people want to stand. Its a bloody pain being told to sit down by stewards and people behind.

There was an understanding in the chaddy that we just stood up in areas.

I do prefer to stand and think its makes a better atmosphere but im not about to start a fight with someone behind me who wants cant see, so its easier to sit down.

This doesnt help for the atmosphere as i sing about half as much when sat down.

I'm sure the club would if they could. The long and short of it is that however annoying it is for all of us, as we keep being told, it's not in the club's hands...people need to be sat for the club to retain their safety certificate...if the police say people are standing and it's becoming unmanageable that the club lose the certificate and have to close that part of the ground. Officially designating the I section as a standing area would be likely to draw attention from the Safety Squad...

Atmosphere in there was top today. That's how the atmosphere should be all the time. No bother really and certainly no coins, etc being thrown back and forth.

Only thing I didnt like was how they threw out little kid's. Yet got asked to come on a row down the front which was full of older people who wanted to stand and they ran and got the police on them. There was no need for people to be thrown out. There was persistant standing, but those thrown out where thrown from the middle row's, yet if anyone they should of targeted us down the front first and worked back. Though I guess when there's big groups of lads, or people just as big as them. They dont care what you do as there's a little 13 year old 6 rows back who's stood up. It's pathetic targetting kid's.

The "Sheridan's Blue 'n White Army" chant accompanied by "we are top of the league" in the gap, within the chant was absolute top. Must have gone on for about 10/15 minutes.

Who in there today thought the atmosphere compared with games against MK in years gone by was crap. These types of games used to have BP an absolute morgue of a place. Dull and lifeless as anything. It's changed this season.

SHERIDAN'S BLUE 'N WHITE ARMY (WE ARE TOP'O THE LEAGUE)

Same against Hudd's please!

Edited by Rocky_Latic

Who in there today thought the atmosphere compared with games against MK in years gone by was crap. These types of games used to have BP an absolute morgue of a place. Dull and lifeless as anything. It's changed this season.

Fully agree pal, said the same today. Apart from the odd game or a cup game BP was lifeless, was a top drawer atmosphere today in the RRE.

There is no standing area - the entertainment license depends on it - old trafford has the same issue as does eastlands, wembley etc. BP is no exception.

Whether you agree with it or not persistent standing is not allowed due to safety regulations at all seater stadia.

Its not whether you want to or not - if you do it expect to be thrown out - simple really.

If you want the club to make a standing area then create a viable business case and submit it to Alan Hardy etc and I am sure he will look at it review and then probably dismiss it as all Premiership and Championship grounds are all seater. As the aim is to get into these leagues they are unlikely to start taking out seats.

Just to set the record straight I prefer to stand and always though the Taylor report was flawed and was more about stopping football violence in grounds rather than safety - However those are the rules and unless you want games played behind closed doors the choice come and support you team from the seats standing at particular times but not for a length of time.

If you carry on aggravating the stewards in a battle you can't win as they are backed by the police etc then chances are you'll get kicked out - the rules are simple and are not about to be changed for a few disgruntled punters at BP who to be honest look like gobby guys who want to take the piss(That was the view from a number of people around me)

for a start theres no point statin where people should be allowed to stand, its against the law, i sat in the thick of it today, and it dosnt bother me one bit, the guys in front me stand, i stand its that easy, if it bothered me i would simply move. What gets my goat up is nob eds complainin wen they ave been launched by the law or stewards, the guy in front of me was told at least 7 or 8 times, just sit down when they tell ya ffs, stand when they ave gone...but no! the cock gave out abuse every time then moaned like a girl when he was thrown out...the stewards are doing a job, without em we wouldnt be there, ave the crack with em. do ya know summat they hate having to throw fans out but some so called supporters give em no choice. its all about common sense dudes

for a start theres no point statin where people should be allowed to stand, its against the law, i sat in the thick of it today, and it dosnt bother me one bit, the guys in front me stand, i stand its that easy, if it bothered me i would simply move. What gets my goat up is nob eds complainin wen they ave been launched by the law or stewards, the guy in front of me was told at least 7 or 8 times, just sit down when they tell ya ffs, stand when they ave gone...but no! the cock gave out abuse every time then moaned like a girl when he was thrown out...the stewards are doing a job, without em we wouldnt be there, ave the crack with em. do ya know summat they hate having to throw fans out but some so called supporters give em no choice. its all about common sense dudes

Spot on - the stewards just want a quiet life

If you want the club to make a standing area then create a viable business case and submit it to Alan Hardy etc and I am sure he will look at it review and then probably dismiss it as all Premiership and Championship grounds are all seater. As the aim is to get into these leagues they are unlikely to start taking out seats.

Alan Hardy cannot do anything - if you want change, lobby your MP for a change in the law.

If this is achieved then the club can (if the will is there) do something - otherwise stop moaning and don't persistently stand!

The only problem I can see with the standing issue is that it blocks other peoples view who don't wish to stand.

I bring my young lads to the game I sit in the T block, if the guys in front stand up, they see nothing at all, not even if they stand up!! They are not tall enough.

We want young kids to come to the game so lets show some common sense and let everyone enjoy the game and the atmosphere! Grown men stood up urging the away support to "come an have a go" from 50 ffin yards away (how brave!), not watchin the game at all and stoppin others from seeing anything whilst they're at it is just pathetic!!

I'm all for bringing back a safe standing area but until that day happens we have to put up with what we got and show some consideration for the people behind you!

Edited by lookersgeez

The only problem I can see with the standing issue is that it blocks other peoples view who don't wish to stand.

Lets say you think you are a considerate stander, you only stand when you've checked that there isn't a kid sat behind you.

But what happens when you stand, the guy behind you has to stand and then the guy behind him has to stand etc etc otherwise they're going to miss some action, pretty soon there will be a kid or a smaller person behind a 6 footer who misses out on the action. The only considerate thing to do is not to stand unless your at the back of a stand or in front of a couple of rows of empty seats.

This is not a small problem, what do you think gets people worked up when there is persistent standing in front of them.

There is no standing area - the entertainment license depends on it - old trafford has the same issue as does eastlands, wembley etc. BP is no exception.

Whether you agree with it or not persistent standing is not allowed due to safety regulations at all seater stadia.

Its not whether you want to or not - if you do it expect to be thrown out - simple really.

Just to set the record straight I prefer to stand and always though the Taylor report was flawed and was more about stopping football violence in grounds rather than safety - However those are the rules and unless you want games played behind closed doors the choice come and support you team from the seats standing at particular times but not for a length of time.

If you carry on aggravating the stewards in a battle you can't win as they are backed by the police etc then chances are you'll get kicked out - the rules are simple and are not about to be changed for a few disgruntled punters at BP who to be honest look like gobby guys who want to take the piss(That was the view from a number of people around me)

Definately incorrect. City have a standing block. In fact, they have two.

I bring my young lads to the game I sit in the T block, if the guys in front stand up, they see nothing at all, not even if they stand up!! They are not tall enough.

laughable. MOVE. if you bought a ticket for an away game and you were sat behind a pole, but there were empty seats a matter of yards away with a perfect view, what would you do?

if this questions prompts the thought in your head along the lines of 'why should i?' then you are part of this problem, you are petty and you are self important. get a life (and a new seat).

my lads mate was there for the first time today. hes eight, he supports united cos theyre on tv, they have top players and he had never really heard of oldham. he was taken along for something to do and he loved it. he loved the noise, he loved looking at what he wants not what the camera shows, he loved the 'live game eperience'. i think they even had to move at one point because they couldnt see! now im not suggesting that you have less common sense than an eight year old united fan. IM SAYING IT.

Definately incorrect. City have a standing block. In fact, they have two.

You're either 13 years old or missed the whole Taylor report brought in after Hillsborough (you've heard of that right?).

There are now 'standing area' at a premiership ground, or in fact any ground built since 1996.

laughable. MOVE. if you bought a ticket for an away game and you were sat behind a pole, but there were empty seats a matter of yards away with a perfect view, what would you do?

if this questions prompts the thought in your head along the lines of 'why should i?' then you are part of this problem, you are petty and you are self important. get a life (and a new seat).

my lads mate was there for the first time today. hes eight, he supports united cos theyre on tv, they have top players and he had never really heard of oldham. he was taken along for something to do and he loved it. he loved the noise, he loved looking at what he wants not what the camera shows, he loved the 'live game eperience'. i think they even had to move at one point because they couldnt see! now im not suggesting that you have less common sense than an eight year old united fan. IM SAYING IT.

Why on earth should he be forced to move because of a set of yobs?