Goal music

• 2 weeks later...
Just listening to the audio...the song when Allott scores is definately 'I Feel Good' by James Brown.

What happened to Guns?

For the second year running the will of the people, through a democratic ballot, is being denied. No, I'm not talking about Zimbabwe, I'm pointing the finger at the Boundary Park PA system operator. :mad:

We've scored so many goals that if 'Guns' had been played each time, we should have had hundreds of people skanking in their seats by now.

For the second year running the will of the people, through a democratic ballot, is being denied. No, I'm not talking about Zimbabwe, I'm pointing the finger at the Boundary Park PA system operator. :mad:

We've scored so many goals that if 'Guns' had been played each time, we should have had hundreds of people skanking in their seats by now.

I think it might happen if we could actually hear the PA system

For what it's worth I was in the RRE and never heard anything, I only heard IFG on the LW audio highlights after the game.

FYI Latic's have signed a deal with Apple to promote the iTunes back catalogue. To create a revenue stream they have had to: -

i) ensure that plenty of airtime is given to the pimped wares by scoring shed loads of goals and;

ii) play the tunes at a volume level low enough to ensure that prospective customers don't get their popular music fix at the match.

Either that or Stu Vose is secretely dubbing 'his song' onto the LW highlights.

I will be all ears on Saturday.

Guest sheridans_world
funny you should say that - I have seen 6 goals so far and not noticed which song has been playing at all - too busy jumping around like a stupid moron

Ditto :grin:

Thanks for turning up the volume lads - it was much better in the Chaddy! Mouldy Old Dough sounded good as the teams came out, but I didn't hear Guns of Navarone when we equalised. :disappointed: Did anyone else hear it?

Yes, I am going to email Stu on Monday morning about this. Its not the first time that its sounded gash this season. I wonder if the 'bass' dial is turned up to max and they dont bother changing it?

Just listening to the audio...the song when Allott scores is definately 'I Feel Good' by James Brown.

What happened to Guns?

I heard that but it should be us singing not the bloody pa system which doesn't work anyway. If your going to bothered with it get it sorted otherwise leave it alone.

• 2 weeks later...

Another four goals and no 'Guns of Navarone'. The Lidds' tune was appropriate for the penalty, but it was also played for the other goals, waving two fingers at the result of the pre-season poll, just like last season. Likewise the teams don't come out to the democratic choice of 'Mouldy Old Dough'. :disappointed:

Hang the DJ! :hanged:

Another four goals and no 'Guns of Navarone'. The Lidds' tune was appropriate for the penalty, but it was also played for the other goals, waving two fingers at the result of the pre-season poll, just like last season. Likewise the teams don't come out to the democratic choice of 'Mouldy Old Dough'. :disappointed:

Hang the DJ! :hanged:

I missed the first goal (arrived late, thanks Northern Rail) - and only heard the tune we sing Liddell's name to for each goal, like everyone else.

They did come out for the second half to mouldy old dough, can't speak for pre-match though.

Can we not get onto someone about the lack of Navarone? <_<