To the cup half empty brigade

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest sheridans_world
Yes-after giving away a two-goal lead, leaving us two points clear instead of four and possibly rueing the two lost points come the end of the season.

Apart from that everything is rosy in the garden. Long live comrade Kim Jong Il. Etc.

I dont even think the glass if half empty with this one.

exactly....a point gained.

at a ground you could quite easily say is a bit of a bogey ground.

Good teams don't have bogey grounds.

Some people on here need to develop a winning mentality. Maybe we ought to start organising for people to go on one of those weekend courses where US self-help gurus have businessmen walking barefoot on hot coals shouting things like "Yaay, I can do it!"

A bit more Alan Johnson, if you like.

Some people on here need to develop a winning mentality. Maybe we ought to start organising for people to go on one of those weekend courses where US self-help gurus have businessmen walking barefoot on hot coals shouting things like "Yaay, I can do it!"

How many years after 1912 was it before Spurs won at Anfield - despite winners of the Double in 1961, and a top team for years?

Guest sheridans_world
You're right. The Corp thinks the owners have provided the wrong sized glass.

The size of the glass is nothing to do with it :grin:

Its the fact that it is as empty as it can possibly get without breaking it or causing a vacuum or something...

Yes-after giving away a two-goal lead, leaving us two points clear instead of four and possibly rueing the two lost points come the end of the season.

Apart from that everything is rosy in the garden. Long live comrade Kim Jong Il. Etc.

We scored the same number of goals as the other side over 90 minutes, there's no rule that says the other side have to stop playing when we are ahead. They are, lest you forget, a side with a pretty fearsome goalscoring record at home. When the season is over, I for one won't be considering that we didn't deserve anything from the Millwall game on account of us being two goals down, will you?

So CJ old Taggart changing the away kit at OT after a drubbing at the Dell is the mark of a good team getting their results. Even the best teams have grounds where they feel as though it is a 'bogey ground'. Ronnie Moore thought BP was our 'bogey ground'.

dont they???

so in other words then your now saying were not a good team then????

maybe an outbound course or even one of the paintballing team building exercises....however if you went on the latter i feel you would resemble a rainbow!!!

We scored the same number of goals as the other side over 90 minutes, there's no rule that says the other side have to stop playing when we are ahead. They are, lest you forget, a side with a pretty fearsome goalscoring record at home. When the season is over, I for one won't be considering that we didn't deserve anything from the Millwall game on account of us being two goals down, will you?

I haven't said the other side should stop playing, just that good teams are more careful when sitting on two goal leads.

So CJ old Taggart changing the away kit at OT after a drubbing at the Dell is the mark of a good team getting their results. Even the best teams have grounds where they feel as though it is a 'bogey ground'. Ronnie Moore thought BP was our 'bogey ground'.

Last season BP was definitely our bogey ground.

Guest sheridans_world

I wonder if a good team will be able to play football and win at Barnet, surley such a pitch could be seen as a home advantage as Barnet are used to it. Wonder if that could then be classed as a 'bogey' ground?

250px-Underhill_MainStand.jpg

Owzat for a slope?

Incidentally - underhill has seven stands according to wikipedia, also giving an advantage to home team one would think? >>link<<

Guest sheridans_world
Anyway, I am leaving this table for a while. Please note that I have spat in this half-empty glass.

At least you have some hope, if you spat into the worlds smallest drinking glass, you would have over filled it.

Well done :)

At least you have some hope, if you spat into the worlds smallest drinking glass, you would have over filled it.

Well done :)

so your now leaving without answering an important question then....

you said good teams dont concede two goal leads,so i asked you if you consider us a good team or a bad team,considering the outcome of the hartlepool game.???

Well surprise surprise (where's Cilla)

I logged on first thing this morning to find this thread part way through the 2nd page and expecting it to die its natural death. When logging on tonight to find page 4 almost full I thought hey up CJ must be around half joking to myself. But lo and behold he is.

Not content with making his own opinion clear (which, like everyone else he is clearly entitled to do) he persists in constantly having to have the last word with individual posters.

I don't actually mind his comments/opinions and find them quite interesting, but the constantly having the last word is bordering on the David Beckham syndrome of abnormal compulsive disorder. Just make the point for god sake and don't go on and on and on and on and on.

I await the inevitable reply.

Cheers,

Harry.

P.S. I'll tell you now corp I won't reply to any comment you make as I've no intention of getting into a petty exchange of posts.

I logged on first thing this morning to find this thread part way through the 2nd page and expecting it to die its natural death. When logging on tonight to find page 4 almost full I thought hey up CJ must be around half joking to myself. But lo and behold he is.

Not content with making his own opinion clear (which, like everyone else he is clearly entitled to do) he persists in constantly having to have the last word with individual posters.

I don't actually mind his comments/opinions and find them quite interesting, but the constantly having the last word is bordering on the David Beckham syndrome of abnormal compulsive disorder. Just make the point for god sake and don't go on and on and on and on and on.

Cheers,

Harry.

P.S. I'll tell you now corp I won't reply to any comment you make as I've no intention of getting into a petty exchange of posts.

Hmmm freedom of speech Captain Mainwaring, they don't like it up 'em you know, those North Koreans! Wibble! :wacko:

Edited by danoafc

Guest sheridans_world
A good team with lots still to learn.

I agree, I think the fact that we support our players through the education system and coaching badges sets them up for life after the (inevitable) end of their career.

Cheers,

Harry.

Alan, I mean Harry, has got a little bee in his bonnet abaht this last word thingy.

The way it works is that he accuses you of always wanting to have the last word and then adds a point of his own which clearly requires an answer. He will then accuse you of wanting the last word.

As I said-and all this just because I want to see the team to do even better than it has. You'd get more respect on here for wanting them to be a load of crap.

A good team with lots still to learn.

so your contradicting yourself then.

we cant be a good team because we squandered a 2 goal lead,and didnt close the game out according to your earlier posts......

we cant be a good team with lots still to learn,if we were that good surely we would have learnt it already wouldnt we???

i think what your trying to say,is that we are a very decent side this season,with bags of potential that if we play to our abilitys and strenghs we should be promoted come the end of the season.....

but then again imnot sure,because if we do get promoted you wont have anybody to have a go at,mind you it wouldnt take long before the "where not good enough for tha championship,should of stayed down" threads started to appear would it.

so your contradicting yourself then.

we cant be a good team because we squandered a 2 goal lead,and didnt close the game out according to your earlier posts......

we cant be a good team with lots still to learn,if we were that good surely we would have learnt it already wouldnt we???

i think what your trying to say,is that we are a very decent side this season,with bags of potential that if we play to our abilitys and strenghs we should be promoted come the end of the season.....

but then again imnot sure,because if we do get promoted you wont have anybody to have a go at,mind you it wouldnt take long before the "where not good enough for tha championship,should of stayed down" threads started to appear would it.

I never said that we can't be good team; I said good teams don't give away two goal leads. There's a difference.

I also think we have the best chance of going up this season than since we were relegated. We've been here before though. That's why I don't like to see us drop points needlessly.

Glory to our Leader, Friend of All the People, and Most Talented Member of all Mankind, comrade Kim Jong Il!

Edited by Corporal_Jones