To the cup half empty brigade

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes-so dull that you were moved to reply.

I was talking about your repeated trotting out of the same old tired 'lines' when anybody doesn't agree with your viewpoint. Perhaps tedious would have been a better description rather than 'dull'.

It's nearly as bad as those who wail about "not being allowed an opinion" when anybody disagrees with them. It's school-yard stuff.

I was talking about your repeated trotting out of the same old tired 'lines' when anybody doesn't agree with your viewpoint. Perhaps tedious would have been a better description rather than 'dull'.

It's nearly as bad as those who wail about "not being allowed an opinion" when anybody disagrees with them. It's school-yard stuff.

Isn't this a rather pessimistic view of a situation?

Glass half full etc.

Never mind.

As you were.

Well if you don't want to clarify then tatty bye. Frankly I've got better things to be doing with my afternoon than trying to follow the riddles of a man who would manage to pick an argument in an empty room.

Well if you don't want to clarify then tatty bye. Frankly I've got better things to be doing with my afternoon than trying to follow the riddles of a man who would manage to pick an argument in an empty room.

It's interesting how , for weeks, we had not a peep from the self-anointed NCO and then the loss of a two goal lead gives him strength.

What's interesting or surprising about the fact that when there's nothing to moan about...I don't moan?

It's like magic!!!

If we're promoted (infact, it shouldn't even need to rely on being promoted) this season will you also come back and admit you've been spouting :censored:e for a good while about our ambitionless club and deceitful owners...remember...the ones with no real plan for our future on and off the field???

Nah, thought not.

What's interesting or surprising about the fact that when there's nothing to moan about...I don't moan?

It's like magic!!!

So you didn't feel like coming on and saying how well you thought things were going? Maybe giving a bit of praise to the players/manager/ club?

Nah, thought not.

Let's have compulsory happiness.

Like North Korea.

See it wouldn't be so bad if you balanced it out every now and again with something positive.

I don't mind moaning too much and if we were bottom won none after 7 then people would be well within their right to do it, even if we were mid table I think their could be a case for us underachieveing so a little bit of a moan there wouldn't be so bad. But we are top and lost none after 7 we have taken 17 from 21 from 7 games which gives us an average of 2.43 points per game which would give us over the course of the season 111.78 points. If we carry on the way we are knowone is going to catch us.

This season is shaping up to be an enjoyable season where we are going to win more than we will lose maybe even get promotion if your going to get all hung up on losing 2 goal lead and only being top by 2 points then god help when things take a turn for the worse.

See it wouldn't be so bad if you balanced it out every now and again with something positive.

I don't mind moaning too much and if we were bottom won none after 7 then people would be well within their right to do it, even if we were mid table I think their could be a case for us underachieveing so a little bit of a moan there wouldn't be so bad. But we are top and lost none after 7 we have taken 17 from 21 from 7 games which gives us an average of 2.43 points per game which would give us over the course of the season 111.78 points. If we carry on the way we are knowone is going to catch us.

This season is shaping up to be an enjoyable season where we are going to win more than we will lose maybe even get promotion if your going to get all hung up on losing 2 goal lead and only being top by 2 points then god help when things take a turn for the worse.

Suicide? I am not sure some people could take it if we actually lose a game this season.

I get the impression that some people watch Latics because it's something for them to complain about, and when it gets good like it has done over the last few weeks it takes one mediocre performance for the floodgates to open like on Saturday

like i said elswhere,there will always be moaners no matter what.....if were still unbeaten and top of the league come december some will be saying were not scoring enough,our corners are too short...at throw ins the ball doesnt rotate enough times.....why arent we playing like brazil....

you will never stop it,some people i feel genuinely go to games to go and shout at someone as there not man enough to do it to the wife!!!

If we're promoted (infact, it shouldn't even need to rely on being promoted) this season will you also come back and admit you've been spouting :censored:e for a good while about our ambitionless club and deceitful owners...remember...the ones with no real plan for our future on and off the field???

Nah, thought not.

Will you quote me the posts where I've said the club owners were deceitful?

So you didn't feel like coming on and saying how well you thought things were going? Maybe giving a bit of praise to the players/manager/ club?

Nah, thought not.

No I didn't feel like it, particularly when everybody else does it anyway. I prefer to keep my encouragement for the actual games, where the players and manager might be more aware of what the supporters think.

Jesus Christ, one or two people voice a bit of discontent at giving away a two goal lead that could have seen us go four points clear and you get the head of the Ideology Department and his Commissars hunting you down.

In future I will take care to include in my posts some reference to how its all thanks to comrade Kim Jong Il that tractor production has risen for the fifth year in a row.

Edited by Corporal_Jones

like i said elswhere,there will always be moaners no matter what.....if were still unbeaten and top of the league come december some will be saying were not scoring enough,our corners are too short...at throw ins the ball doesnt rotate enough times.....why arent we playing like brazil....

you will never stop it,some people i feel genuinely go to games to go and shout at someone as there not man enough to do it to the wife!!!

Yes indeed-people ought to shape up and be real men by bawling out the wife.

Yes indeed-people ought to shape up and be real men by bawling out the wife.

i dont think anybody is disregarding the fact that we let a 2 goal lead slip in any way shape or form...

however in previous seasons if we did this we would then get heads down and go onto lose the game and come away from a very tough place with nothing.

the season is 46 games long,its a marathon and not a sprint.the fact we rolled our sleeves up got stuck in again and with a little bit more better finishing we could have walked away with all 3 points....

the fact is we didnt,we got a very good draw against a very good home side at a place we never get anything.

i dont think anybody is disregarding the fact that we let a 2 goal lead slip in any way shape or form...

however in previous seasons if we did this we would then get heads down and go onto lose the game and come away from a very tough place with nothing.

the season is 46 games long,its a marathon and not a sprint.the fact we rolled our sleeves up got stuck in again and with a little bit more better finishing we could have walked away with all 3 points....

the fact is we didnt,we got a very good draw against a very good home side at a place we never get anything.

The idea that we 'never get anything' at certain grounds is something that good teams manage to overcome. For a long spell it looked like we'd overcome it on Saturday, hence the disappointment.

The idea that we 'never get anything' at certain grounds is something that good teams manage to overcome. For a long spell it looked like we'd overcome it on Saturday, hence the disappointment.

Here's something to cheer you up (joke) - Man Ure haven't beaten us for 14 years.