To the cup half empty brigade

How people can be negative after the start we have had to this league campaign is beyond me.

Having said that, looking at who the negative comments are coming from then nobody who regularly reads this board should be even remotely surprised.

Even when we are top of the league some will still find something to be negative about, I secretly think they are annoyed we are not doing poorly so they don't have anything genuine to moan about.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please allow Lordy back soon - he makes me laugh.

If we don't have someone talking cock (Am I banned for that word?) it gets a bit mind numbingly one-sided.

Tramping, trawling, trolling. Call it what you like, but I pmsl at the 'southern fairy' jibe.

He his not banned, only temporarily unable to post for a short period of time.

I'm sure Lordy will return refreshed and invigourated by this little rest, and his views will be better structured. I'm sure I speak for all when I say that there is nothing wrong with having a point of view, but if your arguments' defence include ad hominem rebuttals - it can get out of hand.

He his not banned, only temporarily unable to post for a short period of time.

I'm sure Lordy will return refreshed and invigourated by this little rest, and his views will be better structured. I'm sure I speak for all when I say that there is nothing wrong with having a point of view, but if your arguments' defence include ad hominem rebuttals - it can get out of hand.

Thats way to clever for me Rummy I had to google that latin.

I read a lot. Pointing to another recent thread, I don't have anything like a degree. So there you go, lol!

:grin:

Degrees are worthless, unless it is for something highly skilled and vocational. For example medicine, or law.

Of course if it is your desire to work for somebody else your entire life, earning them enough money to enable them to afford to pay you a fraction of it, a degree can be of use.

Degrees are worthless, unless it is for something highly skilled and vocational. For example medicine, or law.

Of course if it is your desire to work for somebody else your entire life, earning them enough money to enable them to afford to pay you a fraction of it, a degree can be of use.

i dont know whats wrong with chris lately(lordy),i guess its just a case of finally having had enough of mediocrity and now we seem to have finally had a fantastic start to the season,so in his eyes and i would imagine quite a few others i suspect that the sentiment is 2-0 up and we cocked it up.....

that said if you had asked every single oldham fan you could and asked them at the start of the season what you would be happy with after 7 games pretty much most would have settled for a couple of wins and a draw.

the longer the unbeaten run continues the more you will get really stupid posts and comments about how the team are playing,its only natural that if 12 games unbeaten people will be questioning why were not winning 6 or 7 nil.......thats just the kind of fans we have unfortunately.

incidently i found a copy of a video,the 90/91 season were we got promoted,watched it again last night with my lad and brought all the memories flooding back,the point is a lot of those games we didnt play well,but ground out a result,and in the end we rode our luck a little but got what we deserved.

plus the average crowd was 11k,there were games of 12,400 and we even topped 13k 3 or 4 times.

the one point where it really showed how well we were doing was barnsley away,the away end was flooded with tics,magnificent sight.

Some people are never happy, we just seem to have more than most. 5 wins 2 draws top of the league, away days like Leeds, Cholchester and Tranmre out the way. Just hope forced changes at the back dont affect us on Sat. Take away 8 mins of football on saturday and it was a very good team performance, yes we should of won, but thats football. Credit to H'pool they came out 100mph after half time while we were still swigging energy grinks in the dressing room. We almost won the game with a number of good chances at the death. Things are looking bright!!!! :shock:

i dont know whats wrong with chris lately(lordy),i guess its just a case of finally having had enough of mediocrity and now we seem to have finally had a fantastic start to the season,so in his eyes and i would imagine quite a few others i suspect that the sentiment is 2-0 up and we cocked it up.....

that said if you had asked every single oldham fan you could and asked them at the start of the season what you would be happy with after 7 games pretty much most would have settled for a couple of wins and a draw.

the longer the unbeaten run continues the more you will get really stupid posts and comments about how the team are playing,its only natural that if 12 games unbeaten people will be questioning why were not winning 6 or 7 nil.......thats just the kind of fans we have unfortunately.

incidently i found a copy of a video,the 90/91 season were we got promoted,watched it again last night with my lad and brought all the memories flooding back,the point is a lot of those games we didnt play well,but ground out a result,and in the end we rode our luck a little but got what we deserved.

plus the average crowd was 11k,there were games of 12,400 and we even topped 13k 3 or 4 times.

the one point where it really showed how well we were doing was barnsley away,the away end was flooded with tics,magnificent sight.

I watch that now and again - the Hull game was a classic example, wasn't there but my old man said we were battered, thats the kind of thing we need to win promotion this season -

Looking at Shez's post match comments I think you will agree that your statement is one becoming of a chimp.

ps massive whoosh with the Premier League comment.

I like it when people make stupid comments and then claim it was a 'whoosh.'

What managers say in public isn't necessarily what they think.

I can't be the only one who would have liked to see sitting four points clear this morning. Nor the only one wondering how we can look like champions one side of half-time and relegation candidates the other side.

Yeah, yer Southern Shandy Drinking, XR3I driving, Sharon and Tracy humping, blond highlighted, One earring wearing, Chas and Dave listening, Oyster card holding, Boris Johnson voting, congestion charge paying (am I banned yet?), London weighting, soft David Essex wannabe, Southern ponce! :redcard::banned::getmecoat:

That comment WILL get you banned.

I thought this was supposed to be a discussion board? It seems to me like anybody who doesn't think everything is a bed of roses gets slagged off (I'm not referring to Lordy's personal abuse here!).

Yes it's been a fantastic start to the season and we've played some great entertaining stuff, but the facts are throwing a two nil lead away is not good enough for a team with newly found automatic promotion ambitions.

When I first started posting on here it was a board full of 'happy clappers,' and I think that it has become all the better for some of the debates we have now where people dare to question and sometimes criticise. Lets not stiffle debate!!

I like it when people make stupid comments and then claim it was a 'whoosh.'

What managers say in public isn't necessarily what they think.

I can't be the only one who would have liked to see sitting four points clear this morning. Nor the only one wondering how we can look like champions one side of half-time and relegation candidates the other side.

Looked like relegation candidates?! Are you for real? We had a crazy 6 or 7 minutes. Some Kamikaze defending and a couple of slices of bad luck against us?

I'd almost guarantee that nobody else does that to us again this season.

It was dissapointing to lose a 2 goal lead, but if that had have been last season we'd have folded big style. Instead we fought back and got they equaliser, and even with 10 men looked like the side who were gonna win it.

Looked like relegation candidates?! Are you for real? We had a crazy 6 or 7 minutes. Some Kamikaze defending and a couple of slices of bad luck against us?

It was dissapointing to lose a 2 goal lead, but if that had have been last season we'd have folded big style. Instead we fought back and got they equaliser, and even with 10 men looked like the side who were gonna win it.

Agree with that mate - certainly looked like the only team that wanted to push on and win it after their third goal went in.

Having said that though, I think everyone has been a bit blinded by the fact that we were two up at half-time. We were clinical in our finishing but I think Hartlepool were the better side. They pushed our middle two of MA & DW really deep and for long periods they were practically on the toes of Gregan and Hazell.

That I thought Greegs was the best player on the pitch by miles in the first half sums up the dominance of Hartlepool for those opening 45 mins. It was looking like a classic away 'smash and grab' performance at half time.

Second half (post abberation) I thought we absolutely murdered them - Davies and O'Grady led them on a merry dance pulling their back four all over the place.

Ah well - I would have taken 17 from 21 at the start of the season.

KtF,

Derek.

Or to put it another way, we lost the second half 3-1. Not great, but we've managed worse for the whole game at Hartlepool and had reasonable seasons.

So for that kamikaze seven minutes, during which we conceded three goals and went behind after having the game virtually sewn up, we still looked like potential champions?

Luck has nothing to do with it.

So for that kamikaze seven minutes, during which we conceded three goals and went behind after having the game virtually sewn up, we still looked like potential champions?

I'll take 7 minutes of madness every 7 games.

Let's hope that this was a 'blip'.

Is that a problem?

Yes because people like that are depressing and negative to be around and just basically bad company. I don't have alot of time for people who sit and feel sorry for themselves all their lifes, they just come across as wimps.

They never erect a statue of critic either do they?

Yes because people like that are depressing and negative to be around and just basically bad company. I don't have alot of time for people who sit and feel sorry for themselves all their lifes, they just come across as wimps.

They never erect a statue of critic either do they?

Let's have compulsory happiness.

Like North Korea.