Ever wanted to run accross a motorway carridgeway - get knocked over then do it again?!

Guest sheridans_world

I was actually travelling south to a family function that day on the motorway (with my parents) and I saw the two ladies walking north up the central reservation. They looked out of their heads and it looked like they had a bottle of something on them- they didn't appear to have in the film- so they could have drunk it. The traffic in the outside lane was slowing (but was still doing 70mph+) as they drove past the strange site. We could not work out how they got to the central reservation as there were no broken down cars, no footbridges or roads across the motorway, and the nearest services were some way away (about 15 miles). Yet there they were these two 'foreign' looking women walking down the middle of a busy stretch of motorway seemingly oblivious to the dangers they could face.

Having watched it on i-player (a less edited version- I saw it first on the BBC news bit) it made me feel a little bit sickly (and I'm not one for squemishness- you can't really if you do what i do). I would want to know their lottery numbers as they are very very very lucky to be alive. An impact with cars like that at those sort of speeds would kill 99.9% of people, the 0.1% of people would be very fortunate to get out of hospital under their own steam in a fortnight. How one of the ladies gets hit by a car in the outside lane of the motorway and gets up five minutes later fights off a copper, only to get hit again by another car and whilst she is being treated by the paramedics she starts struggling against them can only be beacuse she was under the influence of something. How the other one can survive (even with her major stay in hospital) getting run over by a truck doing about 50mph (he slammed his breaks so was slowing but was still travelling) I do not know. I feel extremely sorry for the truck driver as there was nothing he could do and its one of the mast things you expect to happen whilst on the motorway. He is probably still suffering from post traumatic stress disorder (and it wouldn't surprise me if he hasn't gone back to work properly since the incident - which was May 11). I'm just thankful that it wasn't my Mum's car which hit them and I only had to watch it on TV.

This video, however, will have some good uses firstly it can show the dangers of drugs/booze (or both) better than most things and it could also be used as a teaching tool for A+E departments, the police and paramedics just to show what is possible.

I was actually travelling south to a family function that day on the motorway (with my parents) and I saw the two ladies walking north up the central reservation. They looked out of their heads and it looked like they had a bottle of something on them- they didn't appear to have in the film- so they could have drunk it. The traffic in the outside lane was slowing (but was still doing 70mph+) as they drove past the strange site. We could not work out how they got to the central reservation as there were no broken down cars, no footbridges or roads across the motorway, and the nearest services were some way away (about 15 miles). Yet there they were these two 'foreign' looking women walking down the middle of a busy stretch of motorway seemingly oblivious to the dangers they could face.

Having watched it on i-player (a less edited version- I saw it first on the BBC news bit) it made me feel a little bit sickly (and I'm not one for squemishness- you can't really if you do what i do). I would want to know their lottery numbers as they are very very very lucky to be alive. An impact with cars like that at those sort of speeds would kill 99.9% of people, the 0.1% of people would be very fortunate to get out of hospital under their own steam in a fortnight. How one of the ladies gets hit by a car in the outside lane of the motorway and gets up five minutes later fights off a copper, only to get hit again by another car and whilst she is being treated by the paramedics she starts struggling against them can only be beacuse she was under the influence of something. How the other one can survive (even with her major stay in hospital) getting run over by a truck doing about 50mph (he slammed his breaks so was slowing but was still travelling) I do not know. I feel extremely sorry for the truck driver as there was nothing he could do and its one of the mast things you expect to happen whilst on the motorway. He is probably still suffering from post traumatic stress disorder (and it wouldn't surprise me if he hasn't gone back to work properly since the incident - which was May 11). I'm just thankful that it wasn't my Mum's car which hit them and I only had to watch it on TV.

This video, however, will have some good uses firstly it can show the dangers of drugs/booze (or both) better than most things and it could also be used as a teaching tool for A+E departments, the police and paramedics just to show what is possible.

OK, OK, but were they fit up close?

you needn't bother going to your local motorway to see things like that....

just hang around piccadilly gardens / market street and st peter's sq and you'll see plenty of halfwits walking infront of 50tonne trams...

one or two haven't seen the next day!

i have no sympathy whatsover for people like that...that wpc should have gassed that one in the red, or batoned her across the head.... can you tell that my tolerance for these eeejuts is well below zero??