How long do you continue to punish a player?

Every centre back that comes to BP goes away with a sore head from winning the ball so much in the air.

Liam Dickinson is the type of player Latics have been crying out for a long time.

Latics had the chance when he was at Woodley Sports, but they seem to prefer airy fairy foreign trialists to those in local non league.

Mind you, it's not only Latics who missed out, I recommended Dickinson when he played for the Manchester County youth team to a league club I was with at the time, and they didn't bother either.

O Grady has not impressed for me all season, id av started hughes n lewi, but theres no way on earthe OGrady should have got the run out ahead of Davies. You telling me his mid-week hattrick counts for nothing? Stupid tactics shez! And i think liddle should have also come off alot earlier (although his free kick was awesome!)

Every centre back that comes to BP goes away with a sore head from winning the ball so much in the air.

Liam Dickinson is the type of player Latics have been crying out for a long time.

Latics had the chance when he was at Woodley Sports, but they seem to prefer airy fairy foreign trialists to those in local non league.

Mind you, it's not only Latics who missed out, I recommended Dickinson when he played for the Manchester County youth team to a league club I was with at the time, and they didn't bother either.

Hes nothing special if you ask me, he did alright today but ultimately he didnt amount to much.

centre mid was outmuscled today,why was kevin maher sat in the stand? it was obvious after about ten mins we were gonna struggle without some extra muscle down the middle. i don't understand why davies is being "punished" what the hell has he done? (i know he got sent off at rochdale but so what? will gregan get the same treatment when he returns? )

centre mid was outmuscled today,why was kevin maher sat in the stand? it was obvious after about ten mins we were gonna struggle without some extra muscle down the middle. i don't understand why davies is being "punished" what the hell has he done? (i know he got sent off at rochdale but so what? will gregan get the same treatment when he returns? )

Davies has had and took his punishment, i don't think he's still being punished at all....we are top of the league, unbeaten, hughes and alles obviously working well together, Davies has to keep working hard to merit a place in the starting 11 and hope either hughes (doubt it) and alles(more likely), start failing to deliver. Shez is right.

Worst I have seen of the Whitaker - Allott partnership.Both were never in command of the game.

Wasn't their best game, but then our back four had dynamite in their boots today. Every ball out of defence was BOOM!, straight over the heads of Ratters and Whits. I HATE that long ball :censored:. We'd have torn them to shreds if we'd played a simple passing game to feet.

And Davies should have started. Alice not doing it for me.

Guest sheridans_world

To be honest, you cant drop Lewis at the moment, his head would hit the floor and he is causing a lot of defence's problems (including today). I 100% agree with bring O'Grady on because of his strength but I would have brought Davies on and taken Hughes off at some point.

However,

I wonder if Shez is making Davies work for his first team place, Davies hasnt ever had to work for a first team place, ever. After socring a good hat-trick mid-week I agree he should have come on as sub at least but I think starting is a little too far. Maybe Shez is saying, do it again Craig, prove you have your eye on goal then you will get a chance.

Guest oa_exile
Wasn't their best game, but then our back four had dynamite in their boots today. Every ball out of defence was BOOM!, straight over the heads of Ratters and Whits. I HATE that long ball :censored:. We'd have torn them to shreds if we'd played a simple passing game to feet.

Agree Snook we are a much,much better team when we dont play Hoof Ball,but they both didnt smother the play coming the other way either , ie breaking up play and counter attacking.

It was just a bad day at the office we never really got started............ full stop.

Yeah I agree with that our passing today was shoddy we just kept giving the ball away it was careless and we didn't play with a real sense of urgency either I thought we seemed to amble along we lacked tempo. YES I know we are still top YES I know we are still unbeaten and YES we could have lost that but we will have to do better than today to remain there.

Davies well he will get his chance make no mistake about that and I would back him to take it However it would have been unfair to drop Lewis today maybe next week Davies will get his chance.

I did notice today in the 2nd half Davies was warming up on the touchline and applauded all the substitutions including the final Lidds/Smalley swap that ensured he wasn't going to get on the pitch.

Small detail maybe but it told me he was rooting for the team above his own personal interests.

Totally agree with those who say he should of played.

I would agree that this was an ideal opportunity (my thought before the game) to rest Allessandra and to play Davies, especially after his well taken hat-trick midweek. But I cannot understand the criticism of the decision to bring O'Grady on or of his performance. I would much rather criticize our unwillingness to keep the ball on the ground, or our general edginess on and off the ball, and inexplicably so! Given these tactics, O'Grady was the right choice and played well.

I will be extremely unhappy if he doesn't start against Stockport, I just don't see the point in playing someone in the team who adds nothing to the game, like LA. Enter King Craig.

Lewis is a class act who can play with anybody up front. The only thing he needs is a goal.

That said, I think the time is right to give Davies the opportunity to redeem himself and play him alongside Hughes. I wasn't convinced by that partnership last season but think Whitaker in midfield could get the best out of them.

O'Grady is the one that doesn't do it for me. I can't see what he gives the team that is better than the other 3. Credit to him though, he looks to be a grafter.

I will be extremely unhappy if he doesn't start against Stockport, I just don't see the point in playing someone in the team who adds nothing to the game, like LA. Enter King Craig.

it all depends what he has or more to the point hasnt done in training.....yes he got sent off against rochdale,but he has also missed training and turned up late,that would wind any manager up one of your supposedly star players messing about and causing distractions....

yes he scored 3 goals in the ressies,but from my spy who went,he said it he hardly broke sweat and didnt put the effort in,was in the right place at the right time and was very arrogant,others may think different,i dont know i wasnt there so can only repeat what i have been told.

the question is how long do you continue to play lewis without any return,yes he and hughes work well,but where are the goals.

davies should be on the bench at stockport at the very least,give lewi 60 mins and if it isnt happening bring davies on.

at the end of the day shez isnt doing too bad is he,still top and unbeaten,give him some credit.