Southend......

Anyone ever been on a night out there? Any good.

About a dozen of us (upto yet) stopping down the friday and saturday night. £100 a room for 3, bargain.

Seen the film Essex Boys? That's based on a true story and set in Southend. If any of the lads are of the sort who attract trouble after they've had a few, I'd leave them at home...

It's Blackpool with a Cockney accent........................

yep it's the poor mans Blackpool !

I wonder if Tots 2000 is still open n the front ?

Peter Pan world is also a must for Chickers :-)

When I was last down there many pubs on the front on the hill had drinks for 99p

I remember now that an ex housemate of mine went down there with his fellow Appy Ammers for an out of season jolly - I have a strong feeling that him and his mates could fairly be described as, "a bit naughty." There were about 25 of them, they went into a pub and found it full of twice as many Millwall also on a jolly. Hospital visits and arrests ensued...

I remember now that an ex housemate of mine went down there with his fellow Appy Ammers for an out of season jolly - I have a strong feeling that him and his mates could fairly be described as, "a bit naughty." There were about 25 of them, they went into a pub and found it full of twice as many Millwall also on a jolly. Hospital visits and arrests ensued...

D Day be chucking himself round his bedroom when he reads that!!

travellodge at southend on sea

http://www.travelodge.co.uk/search_and_boo...hp?hotel_id=265

fair few of us are booked in or are booking in for the weekend

thats the one I was going to stay at anyways, tho I'm not going to bother if people are going to 'um and 'arr about it like with most away trip weekends that I do

Anyone ever been on a night out there? Any good.

About a dozen of us (upto yet) stopping down the friday and saturday night. £100 a room for 3, bargain.

me and my lady are going down for the weekend, she has never attended a footy match,but i hope to entice her into doing the distance matches now that the kids are grown up...

i'll watch the match whilst she buggers off shopping ..a perfect recipe for london games....

Speaking of recipes, the Pipe of Port is very nice to eat at. You'd have to book and it isn't a loud football fan place, but the food is nice and reasonably priced. Look up where it is on Multimap or something similar as they don't do street signs in Sarfend.

http://www.pipeofport.com/

*Oldham Sheridan is not a partner/owner of this business. Honest.*