According to a club SMS Stam will have a scan today to discover the extent of his latest injury.

My guess is that he'll be out for quite a while.

He's looked a brilliant player here at times but hasn't played well for the last couple of seasons probably due to a never ending succession of injuries. Perhaps he should been called Stefan Scan!!!!!!

Regardless of the results of the scan I think it's time to cut ties and release him at the end of the season.

There's no doubting Stam's ability when fully fit but I doubt he's been 100% for a while now...certainly not this season!!

We need a solid pairing at centre half and since Trotman left we've struggled for consistency in this department.

Gregan's value to the side is obvious and to maintain our promotion push then we have to keep him on the field as often as possible, however, if promoted, could he do it in the championship?... where players are fitter and quicker........would we be able to keep him fit?........probably not.

Hazell and maybe Byrne could do a job next season but after that we're a bit thin on the ground.

No time for sentiment here. We need to start planning now, for next season..whether it be in this division or at Championship level.

Anybody agree????

Agree with your sentiments towards Stam. If he's badly laid up again then get Byrne in full-time and pay Stam off. Might upset those who kid themselves he's better than Greegs ( :laught16: ) but he's done ok out of us.

With regards to planning for next season..... :shock:

Remember managers taking part in play-offs always complain that they can't begin planning for the following season until they know what division they will be in!

Plan for the next few games - nothing more, nothing less.

If gregan will be ok for League 1 but not for the Championship how can we plan for next year already? I would be looking at letting Stam go if he can't get back 100% fit and stay that way for the season.

I don't agree that players are fitter in the championship, not sure why that would be.

Edited by ritchie82

I don't agree that players are fitter in the championship, not sure why that would be.

Any one PM me the Gregan rumour please?

Championship players might be better and possibly faster but I agree I don't see why they would be fitter than league 1 players.

What Gregan rumour?

What about that lad at Preston? Trotman I think he is called - he is not really catching the first team and would benefit from a few games in a lower league. <_<

Never understand why teams won't loan people back to their previous clubs when that happens when it seems the most logical thing to do when they arent catching the first team

I agree, stam may have been good in his early days, but recently iv just not felt confident having him in the side, heart attack moments every game from him. It may be down to bad injuries, but how many injuries can we afford to pay his wages through?

And what is this gregan roumer that there’s been about 6 threads about over the last couple of days, I hope it’s nothing that could effect him/the club?

Could, but unlikely.....and would be harsh in most cases!

I reckon Greegs might be seen strutting down to the bus-stop sometime soon....hey Razza? :lol:

Well that doesnt make much sense after Lordys post was deleted! :lol:

By the way there's a debate on the rev at the moment about Luke McCormak (or whatever he's called)

Edited by Stitch_KTF

If gregan will be ok for League 1 but not for the Championship how can we plan for next year already? I would be looking at letting Stam go if he can't get back 100% fit and stay that way for the season.

I think as you move up the leagues players are naturally fitter the higher you go...you look at the likes of Man U...with the exception of Berbatov!!!! they pass and move for 90minutes, Evra, Park, Tevez, Rooney...they never stop running for 90minutes.

Look at the premiership games shown week in week out...unlike 25years ago the players are now super fit athletes!!

You certainly don't see that in our team so I would suggest that generally speaking, the higher the league the fitter the player.

I think as you move up the leagues players are naturally fitter the higher you go...you look at the likes of Man U...with the exception of Berbatov!!!! they pass and move for 90minutes, Evra, Park, Tevez, Rooney...they never stop running for 90minutes.

Look at the premiership games shown week in week out...unlike 25years ago the players are now super fit athletes!!

You certainly don't see that in our team so I would suggest that generally speaking, the higher the league the fitter the player.

I love it when our league is compared to the Premier League :shock:

Player fitness and which division they play in don't always tally. In higher leagues it's more to do with training regime - better facilities, better staff; bigger squads - squad rotation, fewer league games in Prem (and international breaks if you aren't involved), better playing surface (heavy pitch is very tiring on feet).