Few things..

Went Stockport Friday was really impressed first half but second was one to forget!!

Thought we missed Hughes big time and had he been playing we would have buried them in the first half.

Also missed Gregan big time. We desperately needed a leader and someone to keep defence organised. But i always say it, this will happen a few times a season with gregan. From time to time he has a rush of blood and gets booked too many times or sent off. Anyone with pace against him worries me but over the course of a season will be a great player. Just wish he would cut out the slly tackles especially on the halfway line.

Hope we can get the job done Sunday then set up the biggy with Leicester with a fully fit team.(fingers crosed).

Speaking of fit/unfit players... Anyone know any news on Hugheys?????

KEEP THE FAITH!!

Went Stockport Friday was really impressed first half but second was one to forget!!

Thought we missed Hughes big time and had he been playing we would have buried them in the first half.

Also missed Gregan big time. We desperately needed a leader and someone to keep defence organised. But i always say it, this will happen a few times a season with gregan. From time to time he has a rush of blood and gets booked too many times or sent off. Anyone with pace against him worries me but over the course of a season will be a great player. Just wish he would cut out the slly tackles especially on the halfway line.

Hope we can get the job done Sunday then set up the biggy with Leicester with a fully fit team.(fingers crosed).

KEEP THE FAITH!!

LW interview today , he has tweaked his groin and has been with the physio all week to strengthen it, thinks he will be raring to go for sunday.

he belives he came back to soon from his op, so it should just be a minor setback (fingers crossed)

KEEP THE FAITH!!

Yet another unbelievable comment from Latics fans. Its nothing personal but the number of people who have said Greegs is liable for a sending off over the past two weeks is unreal. I read somewhere that his red at Hartlepool is his first since 1999. Now I am happy to be corrected but that is not someone who is liable to be sent off. I agree he is liable for a number of yellows, but I for one cannot remember seeing him sent off in a Latics shirt over the past couple of years!!!

Edited by latic12345

I was referring to his amount of bookings(resulting in being suspended). You watch this season how many times he gets booked for silly fouls(like tugging shirts etc).

I think the guy is a great player and a great leader, but his stupidiness has cost us as we havent won without him.

KEEP THE FAITH

I was referring to his amount of bookings(resulting in being suspended). You watch this season how many times he gets booked for silly fouls(like tugging shirts etc).

I think the guy is a great player and a great leader, but his stupidiness has cost us as we havent won without him.

KEEP THE FAITH

it wsa a dedicated challenge to stop the other lad going through on goal, not a schoolboy slap or head butt - is was a questionable sending off anyway, cut the man some slack, other points are right and he'll be back to enforce soon

but his stupidiness has cost us as we havent won without him.

But how many times has he ensured we kept the clean sheet? I'm all for a defender like Gregan who'll bully and harrass oppo strikers all afternoon. And for whatever he costs us, he pretty much pays back 2 or 3 times over.

KEEP THE FAITH

I agree with you that he is a good player and a good leader and at times he does some stupid things. Stupid penalty against MK Dons (and still argued with the ref) then 7 days later an even more stupid pen at Hartlepool then follwed by a red card!

It is frustrating when a player gets sent off or gives away pens or freekicks for needless things and hopefully he has learnt from this suspension.

I’d be really worried if our more dominant centre half didn’t do his fair share of shirt tugging, obstructing, kicking and groin twisting, to go with the all important simultaneous knee and elbow to the back whilst winning a header. It’s what he’s paid for isn’t it?

I’d be really worried if our more dominant centre half didn’t do his fair share of shirt tugging, obstructing, kicking and groin twisting, to go with the all important simultaneous knee and elbow to the back whilst winning a header. It’s what he’s paid for isn’t it?

Yes he is but there are plenty of defenders who manage to do this in a more subtle way as to not pick up stupid yellow cards or give away silly freekicks and pens. I think he is one of the best defenders in the league but at times he can give away needless set pieces and if he used his brain a little more he would be even better

He is one of the best defenders in the league without question but if he cut out the silly fouls he would make a miles better player.

And what game were you watching.... I have never seen a more blatant red card!!! It was a definate red and i could see it coming before it happened.

He wasnt last man there were defenders along side him who would have got back in my opinion.

His aerial strength is second to none and his leadership is quality so keep that up greeegs just try and cut out the silly fouls. Twice last season he escaped a red card with just a booking.

Anyway lets give Hereford a spanking then gregan can show us what he is made of against the big boys on the 18th.

KEEP THE FAITH