why are we playing on a sunday?

has there been any reason given for playing on sunday? tta have been here long enough to realise that they are crap, primarily due to hangovers!! is it simply because hereford might bring fifty less on the saturday, because england play at 1715?

Yeah, it's because of England game.

what a bobbins decision, who else in the football league has made this decision? no one. sunday games have a definate adverse effect on attendances imo

You never know, we could have a decent crowd. Apart from the England game they just might be trying it out to see how it goes.

Guest sheridans_world

I personally think its a good change to move it to Sunday, saves me rushing round like a headless chicken to get home to watch the match

what a bobbins decision, who else in the football league has made this decision? no one. sunday games have a definate adverse effect on attendances imo

You never know, we could have a decent crowd. Apart from the England game they just might be trying it out to see how it goes.

Play early sat or move to Sunday which will give the owners of the club the opportunity to watch the team they pay for live! What would you do if you were TTA?

Or with no Citeh or ManYoo games on over the weekend local fans of the two teams may be more inclined to come and watch us, something they might not have done when up against an England international.

There will be very little difference to what we would have got if we played it on a Saturday.

I find that hard to believe :wink:

Could have done with it being played yesterday, shed loads of work to do and now having to break off for two-three hours to watch the mighty, but as we are completely crap on Sundays looking forward to this afternoon's fayre with more than a bit of trepidation - especially knowing that Hereford have failed to gain a point away from home and we are usually very sympathetic to such a plight.

Could have done with it being played yesterday, shed loads of work to do and now having to break off for two-three hours to watch the mighty, but as we are completely crap on Sundays looking forward to this afternoon's fayre with more than a bit of trepidation - especially knowing that Hereford have failed to gain a point away from home and we are usually very sympathetic to such a plight.

Hmm.. it is worrying.... also you have the added problem of Bradley Hudson-Odi... played in a couple of friendlies for us, and we said he was bobbins.... bound to show up and score against us....

If Hughesy is fit, and doesnt get injured during the game, then he is the difference from our previous nightmares in this type of game..... if he is/gets injured - then I honesly fear the worst!

Maybe it is because the club recognise that some people support both their local football team and also the country in which they were born.

No club should be asking their fans to make a choice between the two.

Full credit to Oldham Athletic for being one of the only clubs in the country(there were a couple of games on Friday night) to actually think of the fans.

has there been any reason given for playing on sunday? tta have been here long enough to realise that they are crap, primarily due to hangovers!! is it simply because hereford might bring fifty less on the saturday, because england play at 1715?

Given the late kick off time for the England game I was a little surprised they didn't just bring the Latics kick off forward slightly on the Saturday.

However I'm delighted they've moved it to Sunday because it allows people like me who watch England in person rather than on TV to still attend both games.

The proportion of England's support that lower division clubs account for, especially at away games, is massively high, especially when you consider how many more Premiership fans there must be in the country. It's quite ironic therefore that we are always the ones left worrying about missing our club's fixture whilst all the Premiership games get called off.

I don't know why the Football League don't just schedule every club game for Sunday on International weekends. I know it's a pain for those of you with no interest in your national team and if I was of that persuasion I'd hate to see games moved from Saturday 3pm as well which is when football should be played. But lets face it they nearly always end up getting moved anyway so at least if everybody could see on the day the fixtures come out in June that the game will be on a Sunday then everybody knows where they stand well in advance and club's don't have to wait for the FA to decide if they want to kick off at 3pm, 5.15pm, 5.30pm, 6pm or whatever other silly kick off times they've used in the last couple of years, before they can decide when their club is going to kick off. It would also allow people with a keen interest in their national team to watch both games, be it at the ground or on TV, rather than having to sacrifice one or the other.

Or they could just do what they do in the Championship these days and not schedule any club fixtures at all on international weekends. Not only would it solve all of the above but it would also prevent clubs in League One and Two having to field understrength teams when they get 1 or 2 call ups but not the 3 required for a cancellation. There can't be many clubs left now that don't have at least one call up almost every time.

The way it's going I can see it becoming pointless scheduling fixtures in the first place in a few years. They used to schedule them for the Championship up until a couple of years ago but it got to the point where it was so rare for any of the games to actually take place due to clubs having 3 or more call ups that they just stopped bothering to schedule any. Not only are more and more foreigners appearing in League One and Two but the influx of them at higher levels is leading to the full and particularly Under 21 squads for the home nations and Ireland getting drawn form lower and lower down the ladder so how long before so few League One games survive that it isn't worth bothering?

Many in Oldham have other commitments on Saturdays and Tuesday evenings too. Perhaps TTA could be advised which is the best day for Oldhamers.

Considering Latics pritty much play 99% of there games on a Saturday I would imagine that the majority of LOYAL latics fans keep saturday between 3 and 5 free for Latics. Not many will be keeping Sunday free...like myself...

Considering Latics pritty much play 99% of there games on a Saturday I would imagine that the majority of LOYAL latics fans keep saturday between 3 and 5 free for Latics. Not many will be keeping Sunday free...like myself...

The fixture list was published months ago. If people wanted to go, they would have. More than 5100 Latics there today- better turnout than I expected TBH.