For Ormerod and Jones read Kilkenny and Bertrand

Whilst I think that the signing of Brett Ormerod and Daniel Jones are positive short term signings by Sheridan - bolstering the squad and encouraging competition - I also fear a similar scenario to that experienced last season, when the departure of Kilkenny and Bertrand at a key stage of proceedings triggered a downwards trend to our fortunes.

How does it feel getting out of bed and finding your glass is half empty?!!

Why see the negative!!

So what we shouldnt bother getting these loan signings in because we will miss them when they are gone

I think Ronnieblair has a point. Razza, he wasn't saying we shouldn't get them in, but this does invariably happen with loan signings. Certainly worth keeping in mind.

He's right we have been :censored: all season until these guys signed. No way would we be near the top had Jones not played against Stockport and Hereford. As for Ormerod he will be a massive loss (for christ sake he's only just signed!) his 0 goals and 0 appearances have really impacted on our great start. :sign0003:

Whilst I think that the signing of Brett Ormerod and Daniel Jones are positive short term signings by Sheridan - bolstering the squad and encouraging competition - I also fear a similar scenario to that experienced last season, when the departure of Kilkenny and Bertrand at a key stage of proceedings triggered a downwards trend to our fortunes.

No point in getting as many points as possible as early as we can then?

If the pair of them help get us promoted then we would stand a much better chance of keeping them. Jones cant get into the wolves team and if they get promoted he might fall further down the pecking order. As for Ormerod, he has been around a bit and sounds pretty positive in his interview.

No comparison at all in my book.....we now have a bigger squad, we are not reliant on these two, they've come in whilst we are doing well and if they move on - we have ample quality in cover.

Agreed.

Next few weeks sees us playing some of the tougher sides in this division - Jones / Omerod help us beat them, and improve competition in the squad who come back in after their loans end (if they do) and we continue to play as we have done for the first 10 games.

I disagree, we had a bad start, then an awesome away run whilst they were playing for us. Then once they left we beat everton, won 8, drew 4 and lost 1 at home but are away form went down hill. The main reason we didn't reach the playoffs was down to lack of striker rather than problems in midfield or left back.

I disagree, we had a bad start, then an awesome away run whilst they were playing for us. Then once they left we beat everton, won 8, drew 4 and lost 1 at home but are away form went down hill. The main reason we didn't reach the playoffs was down to lack of striker rather than problems in midfield or left back.

It is a point worth debating though - Jones looks like a decent left back with bags of potential - his attacking play does give us something that we simply did not get with Lomax. If he leaves after a month or three we are worse off and morale could be affected. As for Ormerod - if he does well, I can only see him returning to Preston and hey presto we are worse off too...

Glass half empty? Nah - I drained it ages ago :grin:

It is a point worth debating though - Jones looks like a decent left back with bags of potential - his attacking play does give us something that we simply did not get with Lomax. If he leaves after a month or three we are worse off and morale could be affected. As for Ormerod - if he does well, I can only see him returning to Preston and hey presto we are worse off too...

Glass half empty? Nah - I drained it ages ago :grin:

Debate is fine and the point that form/morale could dip is a credible one. However I don’t think Bertrand/Kilkenny leaving did cause our form to dip. If anything, a well executed loan signing in the form of a striker could have got us into the playoffs.

Kilkenny was/is a decent player and he seems to be doing ok at Leeds from what i've seen of him,

I can see what you're saying about short term loans but all that matters is seeing off the top sides now while we have the luxury of these signings and the rest should take care of itself :grin:

I'm sure this news will have filtered through loud and clear at Leicester and changed their managers way of thinking

Kilkenny was/is a decent player and he seems to be doing ok at Leeds from what i've seen of him,

I can see what you're saying about short term loans but all that matters is seeing off the top sides now while we have the luxury of these signings and the rest should take care of itself :grin:

I'm sure this news will have filtered through loud and clear at Leicester and changed their managers way of thinking

if wolves continue to do well and are in contention come the end of the loan period the lad wont stand a chance getting into there team,so hopefully we would get first dibs on extending his loan..

same with omerod,he hasnt featured for preston,and if there doing quite well i see no reason why we cant extend his loan also.....what i would do is send some of our fringe players out on loan to get some experience whilst these players are here,that way if they do go back we have cover that has league games under there belts,and not just blooding them for the sake of it.

great signings.....

i could be wrong but wasn't our first game after Kilkenny and Bertrand leaving either Leeds or Everton? and surely the loss of form was more to do with losing Gregan, Liddle, Davies etc etc to injury rather than losing 2 loan signings?